Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter

Reaction score
It's a great iconic vehicle with a fantastic box. But I won't pay 90 bucks for it. So.....you passed on the X-wing.......but the real question is....did you pick up the Sonic the Hedgehog playset? Or the Pokemon multi-pack? :unsure::p:LOL: I am always amazed at the toys and products out there and have no idea how or why these things are available. No offense to any potential Sonic or Pokemon fans out there.....but....when I consider what's available for consumption now, I am genuinely perplexed. As an adult? No appeal for me. And if I imagine myself as a kid again, there's still nothing I think I'd find worth buying.
I love Sonic and I bought the playset and every 2.5” figure released so far because they’re technically 1:18th scale. I was also six years old when the first game came out and the nostalgia is strong for me.

Reaction score
Fair enough, I can understand that. I remember the game, it was a really fun one too. Hard to believe it's about 30 years ago that I played it too. I guess I just didn't ever expect there would be a playset.

Reaction score
Fair enough, I can understand that. I remember the game, it was a really fun one too. Hard to believe it's about 30 years ago that I played it too. I guess I just didn't ever expect there would be a playset.
I grew up with Sonic and even played the game on Sega when it came out. It was OK, I was more a Nintendo player so Sonic never stuck with me.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
That’s a lot better than the original MSRP, but still far too high I think. Yes, it’s a large vehicle, but with only modest improvements in the sculpt most of us already have multiples of, it probably should’ve gone for $60 IMO

Reaction score
I think that this is a good price for those that don’t have one. Next time they release this one will probably be in 5 years and will go for at least $150. I personally got one from GS for $63 back in January.

Reaction score
Across a gift card and cash, I got this when it was on sale for $70. Same with Poe's when it was on sale. I don't think I personally would pay high than that for another X Wing, but I never intended to have these and a falcon to display.

Reaction score
GameStop has it on sale for $79.99 right now. Surprised they still have these at all.
It's because hardly anyone was/has been selling them - there must be a ton of stock left. I held out an eternity for getting one and ended up going with GameStop when they had a deal. This never hit retail either, except at select GameStops and probably overseas. It's unbelievable that this ship, of all ships, wasn't made more available to the obvious retailers. Target or Wal-Mart never seemed to have it in stock and Amazon was always $99 or gone, neither which was a good option. This ship is NOT worth $100 by a long shot...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought i read that this was basically a Fan Chanel exclusive and purposely not retail at target and Wal-Mart (just like the slave 1).

Reaction score
I did a weathered detailed custom of this a while back but never got around to posting images.
Having just recently completed a custom Red Five T-70 X-Wing I included it in the shoot.
Here are some pics of it & links to the Albums they are part of…

View media item 400469
View media item 400479
I also added additional control panels to the cockpit (top of both sides) where the stickers were…

View media item 400472
View media item 400484
Torn down & cleaned in prep of painting…

View media item 400483
GALLERY…
View album 396580

With my Custom Red Five T-70…

View media item 400620
Gallery…
View album 396573

MTFBWY

Reaction score
Incredible job on both ships. Weird feeling looking at that T-70 sporting OT paint job but getting used to it.

Reaction score
Great. Now you made me want to go out and get the TVC T-70 X-Wing. That is some awesome work.

I've been slowly building up my X-Wing collection when I can get them on the cheap. My goal is to repaint a complete Red Squadron. Did you do both ships from the ground up, or just the T-70? What did you use as a base coat for the fuselage of the T-70? Finally (for now), when you had the T-65 disassembled, did you do anything to fix the latch that opens the S-foils? I know that the new ones have an issue with not opening completely.

Thanks.

Reaction score
I always get the same results w/ GS

FREE shipping on orders $35+
Out of stock
Deliver Today
Out of stock
Pick up TOMORROW
Out of stock at Pines Plaza - GameStop

Reaction score
Adam Pawlus says this release has the same floppy-wings issue as my 2002 Saga X-Wing. Will keep waiting until this gets on the south side of $50. Otherwise, it is an easy pass.

Reaction score
I made a comment in the Merrick X-wing thread about this version. In addition to the same old floppy wings, the fit isn't as good as the previous two X-wings that used this mold (Red-3 and Trench Run Red-5). There is a slight gap where the nose attaches to the cockpit area. I don't think it's just mine; most of the pictures I've seen here for this version and Merrick's version have the same gap. The previous versions were nice and tight fitting. I can't tell if it is due to the molds getting worn out or if the material is different. Considering that several of the new BMF from Target had a warped cockpit, I'd bet that it is a change in the production process/materials causing these problems. My original BMF sits on the shelf and has no issues.

That said, I still bought this version and am glad to have it. It would be nice if a future design met the same standards as used on the Poe Dameron X-wing. I prefer the older X-wing style, but the Poe version is a better toy.

Reaction score
I made a comment in the Merrick X-wing thread about this version. In addition to the same old floppy wings, the fit isn't as good as the previous two X-wings that used this mold (Red-3 and Trench Run Red-5). There is a slight gap where the nose attaches to the cockpit area. I don't think it's just mine; most of the pictures I've seen here for this version and Merrick's version have the same gap. The previous versions were nice and tight fitting. I can't tell if it is due to the molds getting worn out or if the material is different. Considering that several of the new BMF from Target had a warped cockpit, I'd bet that it is a change in the production process/materials causing these problems. My original BMF sits on the shelf and has no issues.

That said, I still bought this version and am glad to have it. It would be nice if a future design met the same standards as used on the Poe Dameron X-wing. I prefer the older X-wing style, but the Poe version is a better toy.
I also have the BMF Falcon from TLC and the only issue I have is that the headlights on the right nacelle often don't light. It's just a connection issue, but the only way to fix is to disassemble the hull, and that's a little too invasive for my comfort level.

Reaction score

It's the control panel, one bit juts upward a little too far. If you remove the control panel you get a proper fit, but that also ruins the aesthetic.

Reaction score
Did they screw up the paint apps on this? I thought the five red bars were supposed to be towards the back of the wings.
@Tulgah got a super rare factory error X-Wing, known by the mysterious technical term usererror within the collecting community.

It’s going to be worth a fortune on eBay some day.

Reaction score
I’ve been inspired by these pics, so I got this at GameStop yesterday! It was on clearance for $70.00!
View attachment 389638
THAT'S clearance!? Jeez - I'm glad you got it though man.

It's honestly absurd that this thing wasn't a much wider release. Barely made it to retail, these things must be fully stocked and rotting in warehouses and these companies are only now, years later finally giving some sort of a discount. I had gotten mine for around $70 when I pulled the trigger that took over a year as well. Not enough places are carrying them therefore there is no competition and the prices stay high. In all honesty, this thing should have never cost over $50 for a thrice retooled X-Wing with floppy wings. The distribution of this iconic ship has been laughable from the start though, glad GameStop had it even lower. At least someone is trying to make a deal.

Reaction score
I tend to agree; even so, now they are going for about $150 and higher on the secondary market. Poe’s X-wing is over $100 and the Slave I is about $200. Everything is getting higher and higher!

kk1

Reaction score
Hasbro could ensure multiple purchases by doing one small thing....
Include decal sheets.
Then you could make red 5 red 3 or any of them you liked with almost no effort.
There are actually many paint differences between the different x-wings besides the number of stripes on the wings. Those ILM model makers went all out.

Reaction score
There are actually many paint differences between the different x-wings besides the number of stripes on the wings. Those ILM model makers went all out.
HENCE "ALMOST"
Back when they released the Dagger Squad B wing, the decal sheets let you make a few of them. after all these are not models, they are toys.
(Though we jazz em up reeeeal nice)