Luke Skywalker's X-Wing Fighter

Reaction score
Looks like a trench run repaint. Unless there's some cool new retooling, it means I won't be falling all over myself to get this one right away.

Reaction score
It's definitely the continuation of the big X-Wing mold that's evolved since the POWERFX version. It has the landing gear hatches from the Trench Run upgrades. To me it looks like the Trench Run X-Wing but with a better paint job. Better weathering.

I wonder if this means my Trench Run X-wing will be tanking in value....

Reaction score
I'm keen. Where is it supposed to be being made available? Really like the box art.

Reaction score
The front of the bottom engine is missing. Hopefully that's just the promo shot and the actual release won't be missing it too.

Reaction score
I got a fairly good deal on a near complete Trench Run set earlier this year. I had to put some money into completing it, but I was extremely happy to ad it to my collection. I'd really have to either get this at a killer clearance price, or possibly sell the one I just got. Don't need two and can't justify $100 for this when I have basically the same thing.

Reaction score
I could never find this when it first came out and am glad it's finally back. Love the packaging and the repaint.

Reaction score
Does it come with the retractable targeting computer, that Luke doesn't need?! :grin:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I thought the name pills were doing away w/ multi- languages? And what was wrong w/ this artwork to replicate?

Reaction score
I thought the name pills were doing away w/ multi- languages? And what was wrong w/ this artwork to replicate?
I like the A New Hope X-Wing return to Yavin moment scene they chose to represent the new box art.
And really the multi-language, what a thing to gripe about?

however if they do eventually make a Dagobah swamped version, I'd love if they do reference the Empire Dagobah box.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I actually love the multi-language pills, I speak 3 languages so have always loved it. It is also a cost savings for them as they standardize their production runs.

Reaction score
This looks really, really good! I hope it’s $60 and not $100.

Reaction score
For those that are curious, I looked up the growth in Chinese wages in recent years. Between 2008 and 2017, wages increased an average of 8% per year. So between 2013 (when the last big X-wing came out) and 2017, the labor cost of the X-wing went up 32%. Not sure what the corresponding rate is for 2018 and 2019. I also don't know what percentage of the overall product cost wages represent but gives some perspective why a $60 ship in 2013 costs much more 6 years later.

Reaction score
I actually love the multi-language pills, I speak 3 languages so have always loved it. It is also a cost savings for them as they standardize their production runs.
The multi-language pills/packaging bothers me. It's looks a big cluttered mess.

Reaction score
Quick question:

Besides some new weathering/deco, does anyone know if this is this more or less the same Luke’s Red Five X-Wing that came with the Death Star Trench Run TRU Exclusive from 2011(the one w/Vader’s TIE in it)? Or are there any other changes to the mold/features/etc?

Reaction score
And really the multi-language, what a thing to gripe about?

Woah, did I miss something here? Was I griping? ..No I sure wasn't. I was simply commenting how I thought that with this leg of the tvc run now they were going back to a more true to vintage pill set up and font style. But if I'm going to be accused of griping then I guess i will. I do agree it makes the design cluttersome. And if the wm tvc tie used a redo of this art, I'd likely would've bought one

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quick question:

Besides some new weathering/deco, does anyone know if this is this more or less the same Luke’s Red Five X-Wing that came with the Death Star Trench Run TRU Exclusive from 2011(the one w/Vader’s TIE in it)? Or are there any other changes to the mold/features/etc?
I don't think anything has been confirmed, but looking at the photo, it sure appears to be the same mold with only some slight paint changes. So more or less the same thing in the Trench Run set.

Reaction score
I'm still on the fence about grabbing this. While I do want it, I already have Red 5 from the Death Star Trench set. I still have my Red 5 FX X-wing because I got that for $18 and I love the electronics. Not to mention I have 4 other big X-wings that are taking up space (Reds 1-3 and a custom Corran Horn X-wing). So if there is nothing new on this and its a straight reprint, pass.

Since I started typing this post I've been looking at the DST version and comparing it to this one. The DST set has a clean look to it, and it looks like they weathered this one. This one definitely has a "used" look to it, which I like. So its gone from a "pass" to a "possible" pickup lol. I'll still wait for more pics and reviews though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see how its size and design compares to Poe’s. It’ll also be interesting to compare prices.

Reaction score
I hope this comes out Oct 4th. Be my first X-Wing that was not vintage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I missed out on the Trench Run Set (wasn't available where I live), so I'm really excited about this X-Wing. Glad to have it confirmed.

Reaction score
Finally! Years after selling my Trench Run set I can finally get around to getting Luke's X-wing in a vintage style box. I thought for sure I would see a single boxed release (maybe even non-vintage) when they did Vader's Tie in a regular box shortly after the Trench Run set came out. A huge miscalculation on my part.

Reaction score
Finally! Years after selling my Trench Run set I can finally get around to getting Luke's X-wing in a vintage style box. I thought for sure I would see a single boxed release (maybe even non-vintage) when they did Vader's Tie in a regular box shortly after the Trench Run set came out. A huge miscalculation on my part.
I made that same miscalculation. So glad to have another chance at this upgraded X-Wing (my last one was the Dagobah one from 2006/7(?)
I

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, wasn't the Trench Run set $100 when it came out? And, it was 2 full sized vehicles plus 3 figures. Oh, how times have changed. :\

Reaction score
I have the Dagobah X-wing from a number of years ago. I think when you remove all the swamp pieces, you're left with a pretty good version of Luke's ship. I'd need to go back and look closer at the pics to see what's different.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I've never owned Luke's X-Wing, and I've recently been in this mode of wanting to have a definitive version of the most iconic Star Wars vehicles. I think the sail barge brought this on. I never did bite on the recent TIE, as I'm not convinced it's definitive. I sort of feel the same about this one, but correct me if I'm mistaken.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This looks like the definitive Luke X-Wing, but it still suffers from small wing gap. I know some people did a 3D printed mod to fix that issue but I can't find anyone doing it anymore.

Reaction score
I'll get this...if I see it on sale and can get a decent return for my Trench Run X-Wing. The paint job looks better and that would be my only reason for getting it. I still need to sell my Saga X-Wing...

Reaction score
I'll get this...if I see it on sale and can get a decent return for my Trench Run X-Wing. The paint job looks better and that would be my only reason for getting it. I still need to sell my Saga X-Wing...
Yeah, I sold mine a while back for a decent amount. The box was just so huge and taking up too much space. I actually don't like the window style packaging. They end up being way bigger than necessary and tend to get damaged more easily if you stack boxes for storage. I figured I would downsize and pick up Luke's X-wing later on. And that time is now! :grin:

Reaction score
I feel lucky having found the Trench Run X-Wing (and 2010 VOTC Snowspeeder) at a comic con this year, so I'll pass on this overpriced re-release. The packaging is cool, though.

And if the wm tvc tie used a redo of this art, I'd likely would've bought one
I'd be all for Hasbro to re-release last year's Solo TIE Fighter (with break apart feature) painted blue and package it in this box.

Last edited: