Luke Skywalker - Yavin Ceremony - #151

Reaction score
Thanks for this. Man, apparently I ordered already. I'm getting old. ;)
You're not alone, I've done this kind of thing a few times. Which isn't a bad thing, since TVC cards can fetch a decent price. Or if you like to customize.

Reaction score
Has anyone that ordered this offline from walmart received it?

Reaction score
I just looked back at my order email and it says Nov 4th as a delivery date. Checking the order status online doesn't reveal any more useful information.

Reaction score
Besides the production quality, how was the card condition? I ordered 4 of them to hopefully get a chance at a decent card.

Reaction score
Got my shipping notice from Walmart today finally, pre-ordered quite a while ago.

Reaction score
The image quality on the card back looks like a real vintage card.
I was going to say the same thing, a lot of of the card art in the original line was really bad -- either out of focus or super grainy. I think Hasbro intentionally made this look grainy to make it more "vintage-like".

Reaction score
So, Walmart sends me an email saying my order is delayed, but when I check my order history, it is shipped and almost to my city. What a joke, Walmart!

Reaction score
Mine arrived today from Walmart The card is thoroughly bent on top. But the figure itself looks fantastic behind the bubble. So I'm just gonna "straighten" the card as best as I can and live with it.

Reaction score
I just realized I put this guy in my WM shopping cart 2 weeks ago online and never actually placed the order! LOL Just placed it and will see him by Friday. Total brain fart there. Sheesh!

Reaction score
I got mine today, despite the app telling me they would come tomorrow. But darn, this is a good looking Luke figure. The new head and retooled parts actually do make it worth the purchase even though I had him already.

Reaction score
Picked this up today, and whoever packed it, pushed it to the bottom of the box, pressing on the bubble and bending a one inch flap over the entire top of the card - and then they inserted packaging pillows. A bit counterintuitive to damage the product before shielding it from damage...lol. The likeness is great though - not sure it beats the new X-Wing Luke though, that remains my favorite photo real update when it comes to all these new Luke figures.

Reaction score
Mine shipped from Walmart in an envelope. Card was crushed and bubble cracked. Thankfully the figure was fine, but now I’ve got to order another one (probably from BBTS) so I get a carded one in good shape. Was NOT happy with W*M and really hope Hasbro stops using them for exclusives. Why Luke Skywalker, in any instance, is an exclusive to begin with boggles my mind...

Reaction score
Got my order of 2 from WM yesterday. Packed in a box barely big enough and bubble to bubble with air pillows squeezing them together.
Luckily only damage was one had a slightly creased corner. A little warped but that can be straighten out. Good thing the box didn't get partially crushed or both would have been damaged.

Reaction score
I just don't understand how companies like Walmart and Amazon, who order this stock and get exclusives because they KNOW collectors will buy it, insist on shipping in padded envelopes or jamming them into improper boxes. I'm so glad I got mine when Dorkside had them live.

Reaction score
Ordered 4 and one was keepable. The cards werent devastated but 3 had a significant curl to them.

I took pics but cant seem to find the upload feature anymore.

Reaction score
Got mine today in the mail from WM. Card was bent right down the middle from the top down to the middle part to the right of the blister. Creased pretty badly too. I'm an opener, so it's not a dealbreaker. But I like to keep the cardbacks and it was a bummer I got a mangled one.

As for the figure, it's a great, upgraded version of the BS figure from 6 years ago. The head sculpt is really good and is up there with all the new Luke heads we have gotten in the last few months. If you never got the '13 version of this figure, I highly recommend picking this one up. Slight nitpick would be the lack of ankle joints still, but since he's got SA everywhere else, it's something that can be overlooked.

And how come Hasbro manages to get the stripes correctly done on this figure, yet Carbonite Han (both the '15 and '19 release) has the hash marks on his pants lazily painted as a solid stripe? Not sure why Hasbro is able to do it with some figures and not on others. Inconsistency drives me wild! Hahaha

Reaction score
I got mine yesterday. It came in that typical 9x6 box that is just slightly too small, however this time I lucked out and got one that was good enough to display. I had to return my Mimban troopers when I saw them in a store because the cards were mangled.

Reaction score
Not sure if others have experienced this issue but my 2019 Yavin Luke is a bit pigeon-toed on both legs. I didn’t notice until I bent the knees but it fairly pronounced. I don’t recall my formers Yavin Luke’s doing this. Love this figure otherwise.

Reaction score

Found him finally. All the cards were curved and some of the face printing for the eyes were wonky. This absolutely replaces the previous two, gonna toss them into the fodder bin.

Odd display for them from what I've seen reported on JTA, Frozen 2 is taking up their media space. Also picked up one of the Jedi Knight Lukes down at the bottom.

Do those lightsabers really warrant that many peg spaces? Also those is anyone going for those gold figures? They seem extremely cheap and highly unnecessary.

Reaction score
I just don't understand how companies like Walmart and Amazon, who order this stock and get exclusives because they KNOW collectors will buy it, insist on shipping in padded envelopes or jamming them into improper boxes. I'm so glad I got mine when Dorkside had them live.
I heard on a podcast that Walmart had/has some 20+ exclusive individual figures among 3.75" (5POA and TVC), 5", and 6" figures this year. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
has anyone gotten the variant with the small text? or is that Europe only?

Reaction score
Also those is anyone going for those gold figures? They seem extremely cheap and highly unnecessary.
I only want the 3PO / R2 / BB-8 pack, if I ever find it. And that's mostly because R2 should be made from Droid Factory compatible parts. And 3PO should be a nice shiny gold like that ;)

Reaction score
Scored today in MD Yavin Luke, and wow, is that card photo horrible. Figure rocks, though.