Luke Skywalker - Yavin Ceremony - #151

Reaction score

GNT

Reaction score
It'd be nice to see a Vintage version, it'd complement the Han Solo Yavin Ceremony figure.

Reaction score
I've always liked this look on Luke and was happy to get a version of him. I'm a huge Luke fan, so I'll get this, of course. I hope it comes with the real scan tech.

Reaction score
Maybe the rumoured ANH Han Solo is an actual ceremony one rather than normal Han with a medal?

Reaction score
Maybe the rumoured ANH Han Solo is an actual ceremony one rather than normal Han with a medal?
I hope so. I passed on him because of the inaccurate representation. My display looks incomplete because Han's the only one missing from that scene.

Reaction score
Another cardback i'd gladly add to the collection "photoreal" sculpt or not. That future of that new tech is a true head scratcher at that scale. As much as i can see it adding a lot to the 6" scale, i can't say i'm really impressed by that first TVC wave. Those being sold as exclusives tells me Hasbro are testing water here and see if collectors are up to buy the same figure with a new HS only.

Reaction score
It may not be quite photoreal but a like for like comparison between the old Leia Bounty Hunter and the new one is like night and day.

Reaction score
I have to admit, the photoreal technology hasn't impressed me all that much so far. I'm not saying they look bad, I just don't see it as the immense upgrade others seem to. Admittedly, I've only seen them in pictures. Maybe they look better in person.

Reaction score
The rumored ANH Han is actually the Echo Base Han (based on the product number) so I wouldn't count on a ANH version just yet.

Same goes for the rumored E4 Luke and E5 Leia - those are the Endor Capture and Hoth figures respectively.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m really curious about the photo real look on this head. The original head always looked off but who knows what it’ll look like now.

Reaction score
If they gave him a new headsculpt or used the Resurgence Luke head, maybe. But that last Ceremonial Luke sculpt was godawful.

Reaction score
I’d prefer one of the saga legends headsculpts with photo real. SL Luke X-wing and SL Luke Stormtrooper both had excellent head sculpts with some of the worst paint apps I’ve ever seen. Plus they made Luke a ginger, very weird.

Reaction score
Hasbro has struggled with Luke head sculpts for years. And even when they do finally get a decent sculpt there is no common sense to reuse it within the same movie versions. Obviously he changed a lot throughout the OT and needs new head sculpts for each movie. But seems every new figure is a new take on Luke's likeness. hopefully this new face scan tech will put an end to this. But the Ceremony Luke is a no brainer as a great figure/character to put on vintage card. I will def purchase. And you'd think ceremony Leia won't be far behind since we already have that figure out as well. I would certainly buy it again.

Reaction score
Wait, they made a new Ceremony Leia? Another one I missed completely. I've still only got the (now) yellow caped POTF2 version from 1998 or whenever.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The TAC Yavin Luke has a great face sculpt under the ugly paint job.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Black Series version is actually pretty great (way better head sculpt and an accurate holster and gun). It improved on the TAC version immensely, and doesn’t need much improvement. I’m trying to suppress my growing frustration at another repack of a figure I already own, but this at least should work as a pretty cardback. For TVC-on-card people, it’s actually a great choice, as well as convenient for people who don’t own it yet. I’ll pass, but I can’t really argue with the logic.

Reaction score
The TBS version is almost perfect but has one major flaw. Its arms (and left hand fingers!) are way too long. It's very annoying.

Reaction score
My only complaint with this TBS figure is that he's too tall for Luke. But apart from that, it's great. Will look nice on a VC cardback.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Same! I'm skipping, but that new face looks great; glad newer collectors will have a chance to get him.

Reaction score
Looks good.

New head and new left hand at least, and since it's a re-tool of an older figure, it doesn't have ball jointed hips which is a definite plus in my view.

I think I will try to pick one up.

Reaction score
Think I might pass on this, especially since I passed on Walter Matthau Han in TVC1.0, heh. I appreciate what appears to be a great new head sculpt (and maybe hands), but it's still using the same overly long arms and HUGE feet (still without ankle joints) as the very first version of the figure from the 30th TAC line, which is over a decade old now. That new X-wing Luke coming on TFF however....he shall be mine!

Reaction score
It’s barely not a repack. Just let Hasbro repack Black Series figures until they run out, and then we’ll see what happens. But this does look nice, and does seem to have a few cool new features.

Reaction score
Looks great! :) I'm gonna pick this one up, if found at retail.

I have the TAC version - but this one is so much better!

For one: he has a new blaster (a sporting one at that, which I never realized he had, during the medal ceremony scene).

Huzzah!

Reaction score
It'd be nice to see a Vintage version, it'd complement the Han Solo Yavin Ceremony figure.
I passed on that Han figure, as its shirt wasn't fastened. There have been at least two adequate Luke figures from that scene, over the years.

Reaction score
Do we know what VC# this is?
Reported to be #151. Guess it makes since as the skiff guards 3 pk are 152,153 and 154.. So poe could then be any thing from 155 to 160, since he was believed to been 151? Oh and reports say yavin luke' s card back shows x-wing luke and the 4 ep9 tvc figs from ff wave 1

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like a nice update, but I'm not sure the TBS figure really required one. Luke is getting a lot of love in TVC - but I wish this slot went to Leia instead. I'd much rather Leia get a brand new ANH figure over a slight change to an already good Luke - I suppose the cheapest route is always Hasbro's more likely avenue for release of figures now.

Reaction score
^ yeah, still waiting on ep7 general leia. Would've even accepted a resistance cartoon version. Maybe ep9?.. yeah, at this point, who am I kidding besides myself?

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Leia is definitely in need of a slew of figures; I'm not kidding, my biggest want is an ewok dress Leia followed by a Bespin Escape version.