Luke Skywalker (Yavin Ceremony) - #100

Reaction score
Yeah, that looks 100X better than those promo shots of the exclusive version. Can't wait to find this guy!

Reaction score
Wait, does he not come with a lightsaber??? Not that I don't have plenty of extra Luke sabers lying around, but that is a little weird isn't it?

Reaction score
But he's got the gold medal!

I don't think he even has a light saber on his belt during the ceremony scene from the pics I see.

And they know we have plenty of extras. :grin:

OR just a way to get collectors to buy the con vsn AND the regular vsn?

Reaction score
Wait, does he not come with a lightsaber??? Not that I don't have plenty of extra Luke sabers lying around, but that is a little weird isn't it?
It’s pretty cheap of Hasbro. They may justify it because this a scene-specific Luke and his saber is nowhere to be seen during the Yavin Ceremony, but with its close relationship to the Marvel comic and the Holiday Special, for me this one’s a solid Adventure Luke between IV and V.

As for me, I’m gonna give Luke one of the extra Anakin sabers and Chewbacca’s gonna wear the medal!

Reaction score
But he's got the gold medal!

I don't think he even has a light saber on his belt during the ceremony scene from the pics I see.

And they know we have plenty of extras. :grin:

OR just a way to get collectors to buy the con vsn AND the regular vsn?
Luke has neither a lightsaber nor a blaster when in his ANH X-Wing pilot outfit yet they gave that figure both. Silly Hasbro.

Reaction score
I've been obsessed with this 'look' since I was a kid and I am absolutely stoked to see such a great representation of it. I, too, am a *little* miffed at the lack of a lightsaber, but like others have enough sitting around to use if need be.

Reaction score
I think the figure is great, tho I too am bummed at the decision to not include his lightsaber. Even the 3.75 gets the hilt.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
While I agree that for the price of both 3.75" and 6", we really should get more accessories, I'm not going to miss the lack of a lightsaber. Honestly, the better accessory would be a second medal, in order to provide one for the previous release Han to use in a display. Of course, Yavin Ceremony Han had longer sleeves (to his wrists rather than forearms) and it was buttoned up to his neck... even his hair was slightly different. But a second medal would make more sense for "Yavin Ceremony" Luke.

I think I read this releases in December- that sound right?

Reaction score
I think ANH needs an entire redo - hopefully we get a remolded ROTJ Han Solo who's then reused with the ANH vest and Photoreal, with a medal, for a Yavin Ceremony Han.

Reaction score
I don't understand why this figure isn't anywhere, like Pulse OR even Amazon. I mean, Wedge is in the same wave and he's up on those sites.

Reaction score
I don't understand why this figure isn't anywhere, like Pulse OR even Amazon. I mean, Wedge is in the same wave and he's up on those sites.
Agreed, it's weird. Wedge and the Jet Trooper are on Pulse but not Yavin Luke, Cara Dune or Jannah. I actually asked them why but I haven't heard back.

Reaction score
I wonder if it has anything to do with the packaging error. Skywalker is spelled "Skywalkwer" on the front panel of every piece that has been found in the wild so far. Perhaps Hasbro is limiting availability until they can correct the misspelling? :confused:

Reaction score
I wonder if it has anything to do with the packaging error. Skywalker is spelled "Skywalkwer" on the front panel of every piece that has been found in the wild so far. Perhaps Hasbro is limiting availability until they can correct the misspelling? :confused:
That’s unbelievable. But it’s even in the promo shot on the previous page, and no one caught it...

Reaction score
Oooh - collectible variant!! :grin: :awesome:

Reaction score
"The other thing is that the, uh, the Luke Skywalker box has multiple typos. I wouldn't worry about it though; he's not a big character."

-Hasbro manager Ian Faith

Reaction score
"The other thing is that the, uh, the Luke Skywalker box has multiple typos. I wouldn't worry about it though; he's not a big character."

:grin:

"But the napkin you gave me said "Skywalkwer"..."

"**** the napkin!"

Reaction score
That’s unbelievable. But it’s even in the promo shot on the previous page, and no one caught it...

Jannah's promo shot also had her name misspelled "Jana", but that typo didn't make it into production.

Reaction score

Good to know what Hasbro thinks about certain characters from SW.

Reaction score
Mine says Luke Streetwalker.

I found one at EB Games today and was happy to pick it up. I'm a big fan of this costume since the Marvel comic started using it as his default look. The figure looks great.

Reaction score
What do people think of this typo thing? Will it actually become a valuable variant or alternate or whatever? It seems like Hasbro sent out full shipments of these so it’s not like it will necessarily be rare. I’m thinking there’s gotta be 1000s of these out there.

Reaction score
I picked one up today. It looks great. The head looks better in hand than the pictures. But he has those stupid 45° angle hips.

Reaction score
Found one at Walmart today, seems they got the whole wave, but someone snagged them all except for this one.
They also snagged all the VC164 Leias from the TVC wave that they got too...

Reaction score
Found one at Walmart today, seems they got the whole wave, but someone snagged them all except for this one.
They also snagged all the VC164 Leias from the TVC wave that they got too...
This figure is double-packed in the Wave, so they probably got one and saved one for you to pick up.

Reaction score
Damn Hasbro suckered me again. Skywalker Strikes is an awesome figure and I love the accessories. BUT with no medal, of course I had to get this one. But hey, it's technically a different character, right? He's a Skywalkwer!