Luke Skywalker - TLJ

Reaction score
I really think both are incredible figures from Hasbro, just wish that SA Luke had a soft goods lower area so he could sit. I also think the SA looks better in some cases and worse in others. Luckily, I was able to select the best one out of 3 or 4 to get the best paint apps and I think that's why I still prefer the SA. But the 5POA is still an amazing likeness and I love the sound chip inside as well.

Reaction score
I really think both are incredible figures from Hasbro, just wish that SA Luke had a soft goods lower area so he could sit. I also think the SA looks better in some cases and worse in others. Luckily, I was able to select the best one out of 3 or 4 to get the best paint apps and I think that's why I still prefer the SA. But the 5POA is still an amazing likeness and I love the sound chip inside as well.
That's a good point - a softgoods skirt for the SA version - we should be able to utilize the articulation, otherwise, what's the point of having it? This figure doesn't come with accessories, so they should be able to afford softgoods on the lower body.

Reaction score
Fortunately it's easy o add a SG's skirt. Or rather it used to be before they started making thee new molds.

Guess i won't find out until I actually find this, though it might be on the TVC card. lol

Reaction score
That's a good point - a softgoods skirt for the SA version - we should be able to utilize the articulation, otherwise, what's the point of having it? This figure doesn't come with accessories, so they should be able to afford softgoods on the lower body.
Totally, at least they could have thrown some porgs in with him. Ticks me off we can only get them with a 5POA horrible sculpt Chewie.

Reaction score
Found this figure today. I like the robe, I agree it would've been nice for a SG skirt as well (as long as it was well done). I do prefer the face sculpt on the 5POA, this one looks like Billy Connolly from Boondock Saints.

And yeah, a lot of empty space in that box. I don't think for $12 a couple porgs or a lightsaber hilt or an environment stand or something would've killed them.

Reaction score
I broke down and got the 5 POA one cause it was on sale and put the head onto the BS one. I like how it looks better. I find that the soft goods looks bulky cause of the seam line on the inside. Still trying to look for the best way to put his cape on.

Reaction score
That looks great Nighthawk! I’m a huge fan of that sculpt and have used it on a few customs myself.

what method did you use to secure it on the SA post? I’ve done hot glue and a small circle of fabric on one, open to new methods if they work better, though the hot glue works really well.

Reaction score
I shim them with left over plastic. When I convert non ball joint heads to ball joint, I save the left over plastic. It's already shaped as a ring and I put it in the socket so it'll be a tighter fit.

Reaction score
If anyone has an extra or can easily access this figure, I have a TBS ERG to trade.
I just can't find this guy anywhere, it's starting to annoy me after seeing everyone posting pics of him. lol

Reaction score
Found a sole Luke at Walmart the other day, I bought it(rollback price)to keep MIB.

Reaction score
Found this figure today! This was the first new figure in a long time that has gotten me really interested in collecting 3.75" again. I picked up Rose and the Praetorian yesterday, and they're cool, but Luke really rekindled the fire...

Reaction score
We just got the Jyn wave here; I think it'll be a while before this makes it's way to my area. Anyone with access to a Luke with good paint apps want to trade for RO Thrawn?

Reaction score
If Hasbro made enough of this wave some may only see this Black Series version after he shows up on a classic Kenner card, ala TVC.

Reaction score
This new version has hinged wrists and rocker style ankles (same as TBS 6" figures). It's a vase improvement over the BS 3.75" Walmart figure.

Reaction score
Except there would be no reason to send out promotional pictures of a re-release Jedi Master Luke Skywalker from the 6" line. Plus this picture has the basic 3.75" headsculpt on it. I guess I could be wrong but that would kinda suck. I was looking forwards to an improved Luke.

Reaction score
This new version has hinged wrists and rocker style ankles (same as TBS 6" figures). It's a vase improvement over the BS 3.75" Walmart figure.
No, this is just a photo of the 6" version. Simply a mistake, and they did the same thing last year at SDCC with the Hovertank Pilot. The actual floor model is the same Walmart figure.

Reaction score
No, this is just a photo of the 6" version. Simply a mistake, and they did the same thing last year at SDCC with the Hovertank Pilot. The actual floor model is the same Walmart figure.
Yep you're right. I would have liked a updated Luke :(

Reaction score
Glad they didnt waste tooling on unnecessary upgrades - they should use that budget toward Crait Luke.

Reaction score
Agreed, while it would be a neat upgrade. That Money is better served elsewhere. IMO
At first i thought it was, as a way to get past the "Exclusive" rights. Though technically it would be 1 year by the time this version comes out, right?

Reaction score
Wait, Walmart's close???
Yes, in localities that offer them 10 year tax incentives, when they hit the end of that term and have to start paying taxes it's more finacially feasable to build a whole new facility next town over for another tax break than stay and pay full taxes on a ten year old depreciated one that is not worth it's sq in maintenence. That's why empty ghosted walmarts are popping up around the country. The Federal govt is trying to help towns that can't sell them to discount chains by buying them up for a dollar.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's just too bad they already put mom & pop shops out of business 2-5 years in...

Reaction score
Yep you're right. I would have liked a updated Luke :(
Since both TBS and TVC have such limited slots, i wish theyd do each new figure in definitive form, so updates arent needed. I would have liked a softgoods skirt, as the leg articulation is pretty useless with a plastic skirt - we cant display him in meditation pose!