Luke Skywalker - TLJ

Reaction score
Obviously, since you're using the 5PA Rey. lol

Although I understand why you had to.

I'm not sure I like how the hair is done. Is it a hairpiece separate and attached to the head? Seems like the should have went a different way, as you can see the seem.
It definitely is two pieces, I think the main purpose of this was to fully utilize the computer face scanning tech. I think they do the facial features and then worry about the hair. Probably because Luke has so much hair, they made it a separate piece, though I think they could have smoothed that transition instead of their being a clear line between. That's really the only small flaw I see in the figure, but you'd never notice it anywhere but right in front of your face. The figure is amazing to look at!

Reaction score
I've seen various removable hair figures over the years, but none have stood out to me the way this one does. Aside from that one ROTS Anakin.

The lack of a lightsaber is kind of a head scratcher. But I think that's a story point that the movie will no doubt explore.
It is funny, they sculpted both hands to hold something, yet he comes with nothing. So either this figure will see a re-release with accessory after the movie, or reused for EP9. Otherwise they could have just sculpted him vintage style with Judo chop hands!

On thing though, we all should have spare Lighsabers to give him. Right? I'm just curious if he's changed it any since ROTJ?
New hilt, Blade color? Anyone think he'd change it to white/silver like Ahsoka, considering his view on the Jedi?

Reaction score
I've seen various removable hair figures over the years, but none have stood out to me the way this one does. Aside from that one ROTS Anakin.

It is funny, they sculpted both hands to hold something, yet he comes with nothing. So either this figure will see a re-release with accessory after the movie, or reused for EP9. Otherwise they could have just sculpted him vintage style with Judo chop hands!

On thing though, we all should have spare Lighsabers to give him. Right? I'm just curious if he's changed it any since ROTJ?
New hilt, Blade color? Anyone think he'd change it to white/silver like Ahsoka, considering his view on the Jedi?
On the lightsaber front, I keep coming back to the end of ROTJ where he tosses his lightsaber away. A mistake on his part in terms of what he was about to face from the Emporer, for sure. But from a storytelling standpoint the status of his ROTJ lightsaber is up in the air.

And on a Funko Pop figure that's been released that depicts Luke in the darker costume he has some sort of crystalline necklace. Some have speculated
  Spoiler:  
that it might be the kyber crystal from Darth Vader's lightsaber. And that poses a story question too, since you might think that Vader's lightsaber was lost when Luke took off Vader's cybernetic right hand during the DS2 duel, complete with his lightsaber

Anyway, I think any sort of lightsaber action from Luke might be a big surprise in TLJ.

Reaction score
He had his lightsaber on his belt on Endor following the events of the DS II. And it was used it in combat post ROTJ in the canon Marvel comics.

Reaction score
Ah! I stand corrected. I just took a look at a screencap of Luke at the celebration on Endor and he clearly has his lightsaber hanging from his belt.

Reaction score
For a Jedi, it wouldn't be too difficult to retrieve your Saber after a battle. But yeah, what he said ^

Reaction score
Maybe he rejected the way of the Jedi and lightsaber following the events of his order being wiped out and by the time of TFA. But its not clear whether his padawans actually had lightsabers & if Luke was training them with such weapons or any weapons as they seemed like easy kills. Maybe his order lacked the lightsaber and his teachings were different from the old Jedi Order, prior to Ben turning traitor. But it strange.

Reaction score
I honestly still think it's being kept in R2 as he knew he wouldn't need it on the island. He went for knowledge and research, not to fight, and leaving his lightsaber behind might mean he took that Barash Vow (or whatever they call it now) to not be a practicing Jedi anymore. No doubt there will be an AWESOME green lightsaber reveal and knowing Rian Johnson, nothing has changed with it and it'll be the same beautiful hilt we've all come to love. That's my hope any way. I used to think he was going to keep it in his cane, but that thing is way to skinny to hide the hilt in the handle.

Reaction score
Honestly though, there's no reason he could have changed his hilt over time. He built it when he was rather inexperienced. So I'd expect that he would build a new one sometime in that 30 year span. Heck, maybe he learned something from Lumiya and built a Lightwhip!

Reaction score
I don't think there's any reason to worry that Luke won't have a saber. I hate to be this cynical, but lightsaber roleplay toys are one of Hasbro's biggest cash cows; Disney won't pass up the chance for their most recognizable Jedi to use one.

It sucks that the current crop of Luke figures are saber-less, but that's doubtlessly Disney trying to avoid what happened before AotC (when Hayden Christensen played with an Anakin figure on The Tonight Show and the figure's arm fell off, spoiling that bit of the movie). If they or Hasbro were to do the sensible thing (i.e., to wait until after the movie to release movie-related product) then I'm sure things would be different.

Reaction score
I honestly still think it's being kept in R2 as he knew he wouldn't need it on the island. He went for knowledge and research, not to fight, and leaving his lightsaber behind might mean he took that Barash Vow (or whatever they call it now) to not be a practicing Jedi anymore. No doubt there will be an AWESOME green lightsaber reveal and knowing Rian Johnson, nothing has changed with it and it'll be the same beautiful hilt we've all come to love. That's my hope any way. I used to think he was going to keep it in his cane, but that thing is way to skinny to hide the hilt in the handle.
That would be a great scene to recreate, they get into a situation where Luke is unarmed, he gives a little salute to R2 and we smile because we all know what's coming next.

Reaction score
He's been up for a while, but for $35 by Toywiz. No thanks!

Now he seems OOS. So someone must have needed him badly early for twice retail...

Reaction score
That would be a great scene to recreate, they get into a situation where Luke is unarmed, he gives a little salute to R2 and we smile because we all know what's coming next.
Or they could just, you know, try something new for a change. Unlike, say, TFA...

Reaction score
I think that would be an awesome nod to the fans, and way less of a knock-off of ROTJ. He's clearly done it before, and all those guys blew up with a Sand Barge so clearly no one but the hero character know of Luke's previous trickery. It makes perfect sense...

Reaction score
But I'm sure they've both evolved since them, and no longer need physical ques. ;)
Besides, Luke is a Jedi. Does he really need R2 to be aware of what he wants? He should be able to use the Force to remove his Saber from R2. lol

Reaction score
My Luke's left hand keeps popping off.

Anyone else have this problem?

Maybe this is what Kylo Ren said when he wanted to finish "what [Vader] started."

Reaction score

Maybe this is what Kylo Ren said when he wanted to finish "what [Vader] started."
Same here. I've had a escape my view a few times when it ha fallen out.

Reaction score
I think that would be an awesome nod to the fans, and way less of a knock-off of ROTJ. He's clearly done it before, and all those guys blew up with a Sand Barge so clearly no one but the hero character know of Luke's previous trickery. It makes perfect sense...
That's what I'm saying, not copying but more of a nod. Make it clear that this is a regular thing him and R2 do.

Also, was able to find him and the Praetorian guard tonight. Three of Luke, only one of the guard on the pegs. So far this wave has been the only wave to come out on time. I'm delighted with the figure, it's perfect.

Reaction score
My two copies of this figure have a problem where you can see his head/skull is indented to accommodate his hair but the hair doesn't line up to cover it. Is that pretty normal since they stupidly designed it that way?

The 5POA TLJ Luke has a better face and hair sculpt and the head is a full head with no indentation. His hair looks like it should, like it's growing out of a normal shaped head. I can't believe how much better the 5POA head is overall, it looks just like Mark Hamill. I'd swap one but plan on leaving this figure with the hood up anyway.

Reaction score
My two copies of this figure have a problem where you can see his head/skull is indented to accommodate his hair but the hair doesn't line up to cover it. Is that pretty normal since they stupidly designed it that way?

The 5POA TLJ Luke has a better face and hair sculpt and the head is a full head with no indentation. His hair looks like it should, like it's growing out of a normal shaped head. I can't believe how much better the 5POA head is overall, it looks just like Mark Hamill. I'd swap one but plan on leaving this figure with the hood up anyway.
To each his own but I much prefer the Back Series headsculpt.

Reaction score
In response to Luke hiding his saber in R2. Maybe this is what's happening in the flashback where he pats R2. Maybe it's right before he goes into hiding and he stores the saber inside R2 and disappears. Seems he's looking at the burning ruins of his academy. Maybe he figures he's lost, gives up and doesn't want the saber falling into dark side hands. Since sabers apparently hold some essence tied in with the Kyber crystals inside, maybe a saber owned by a powerful Jedi like Luke could be dangerous in the wrong hands. However, I'm sure anyone strong with the force would be able to sense it inside of R2. Could be also why he took himself off line.

Got my SA 3 3/4 Luke today. No hand falling out action feature.

Reaction score
Speaking of Saber. I wonder who now has Obi-Wans? Vader obviously kept it, and there was EU that said it was on him when the DS blew up. I wonder did Luke acquire it after Vader's death, and where is it now?

Reaction score
Was that West End Games? I know there was a West End Games story in one of the sourcebooks about Vader finding Luke's (or in this case Anakin's) saber in Cloud City about the duel. I think it was an Ugnaught that found it first and just happen to be found by Vader.

Reaction score
Luke is up for retail on Walmart.com! Go go go!
I understand that this post is several days old and he's long gone by now but is there a link for this? Sold out or no? Going to walmart.com and typing in the description never works for me, it seems.

Reaction score
Thanks, but still seems like somehow Toywiz gets them before Walmart, heh.

Reaction score
Yeah, well that's typical isn't it? Same **** happened with every other wanted TBS figure. That's one reason why I was hopeful that Walmart choked on this line!

I'm glad it's going back to normal, even if we aren't getting any new figures. lol

Reaction score

The left hand on my fig popped off today too. The peg joint to keep the hand in the socket doesn't have a thick ridge. I might try putting some glue in the socket later to make the joint stiffer.

Reaction score
I do not know why I thought there would not be more figures in the black series 3.75
I imagined they would get the new SA on the next TVC
In any case the figure looks great and certainly is a must in any collection. Maybe I even encourage me and make a custom of the scene of the burning of the jedi temple that is seen in TFA according to these images the suit is different but follows the same forms.

Do you have a source for these images? Picked up another Luke today and I'm planning on doing the custom.