Luke Skywalker (The Mandalorian Season 2) - #TM??

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Luke Skywalker (Mandalorian Season 2) from The Mandalorian.

Revealed in the pipeline on 05/04 during the May the 4th Be With You Fan First Wednesday Livestream.

Black-Series-Luke-Skywalker-Season-2-TM-Pipeline-Reveal.jpg
Luke-Skywalker-Mandalorian-Season-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am interested in seeing how this will turn out - how different will it be from previous Jedi Lukes.

And how it will stack up against the new SHF Luke from The Mandalorian.

As I bought the SHF Luke, I would have preferred this to be a new ROTJ Luke, like advertised with the doomed Rancor HasLab.

Reaction score
I wonder if the head sculpt will be based on Mark Hamill's actual face or if they'll try to emulate the CGI rendering of Mark Hamill's face.

Reaction score
Nobody is remembering that Jedi Luke stretch goal from the Rancor?

Reaction score
As I bought the SHF Luke, I would have preferred this to be a new ROTJ Luke, like advertised with the doomed Rancor HasLab.

They're basically different outfits so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the Jabba's Palace Luke might be released as a stand alone. there used to be a time when Hasbro regularly pumped out Luke Skywalker figures. There's no reason they can't do that again for this one.

And how it will stack up against the new SHF Luke from The Mandalorian.

Luke's Mando outfit has elements of the traditional Jedi robes than his Return of the Jedi outfit. For some reason, SH Figuarts went with his ROTJ outfit, so if Hasbro creates a new body and head just for this, they'll have an advantage.

Reaction score
The only thing "revealed" today that I cared about. I'm hoping they do something different with the articulation (butterfly joints at least?), or alternate hands, but I feel like that would push this into "deluxe" territory.

Reaction score
They're basically different outfits so I don't think it's unreasonable to expect that the Jabba's Palace Luke might be released as a stand alone. there used to be a time when Hasbro regularly pumped out Luke Skywalker figures. There's no reason they can't do that again for this one.

Luke's Mando outfit has elements of the traditional Jedi robes than his Return of the Jedi outfit. For some reason, SH Figuarts went with his ROTJ outfit, so if Hasbro creates a new body and head just for this, they'll have an advantage.
Luke's outfit in the S2 Mandalorian, was almost identical to the ROTJ outfit (endor village talking to Leia), with the exception of his Jedi robe, was black instead of dark brown, BOBF Luke's outfit is a little different as seen on the pictures of the BOBF with Mark Hamill.

Reaction score
Luke's outfit in the S2 Mandalorian, was almost identical to the ROTJ outfit (endor village talking to Leia), with the exception of his Jedi robe, was black instead of dark brown, BOBF Luke's outfit is a little different as seen on the pictures of the BOBF with Mark Hamill.
Yep.

The difference is between that appearance and BoBF where he's wearing what looks like an all-black Jedi outfit.

Reaction score
Wasn't he also wearing some "soft boots" when training with Grogu?
in the BOBF he was wearing something more traditional from a Jedi, but also looks like when training Grogu, he was not wearing all his robes, more like a ninja outfit/Japanese samurai.

Reaction score
I do wonder why the Jedi of this era lean so heavily into the Japanese stylings. Maybe because samurai movies haven't really been in the pop culture for decades now, so it needs to be a bit more explicit to sell that as an influence.

Reaction score
The Mando costume lacked the collar, and had different outer robes. The Hot Toys version seemed to have captured it quite accurately.