Luke Skywalker - Speculation

Reaction score
The real question is will they make his cloak sculpted onto the figure or a separate piece that slips on. I'm hoping for the plastic cloak like the episode 1 days. The episode 1 mace windu cloak would work great....I wish I kept it now just in case they give us some innacuate soft goods like the deleted scene Luke.

Reaction score
Man, I'd kill for a mail away! Everything concerning TFA has been so steeped in nostalgia that a mail way figure would be so right given the circumstances.

GNT

Reaction score
The real question is will they make his cloak sculpted onto the figure or a separate piece that slips on. I'm hoping for the plastic cloak like the episode 1 days. The episode 1 mace windu cloak would work great....I wish I kept it now just in case they give us some innacuate soft goods like the deleted scene Luke.
For the 5POA line it'll be sculpted on just like the real vintage Anakin Skywalker figure, in the 3.75 it'll be a seperate piece of plastic or cloth.

Reaction score
Man, I'd kill for a mail away! Everything concerning TFA has been so steeped in nostalgia that a mail way figure would be so right given the circumstances.
For the 5POA line it'll be sculpted on just like the real vintage Anakin Skywalker figure, in the 3.75 it'll be a seperate piece of plastic or cloth.
If that were the case then this figure won't have any arms.

Luke is wearing a hooded cloak just like his ROTJ cloak. Meaning it's a cape and hood with no sleeves.

Vintage anakin was wearing a robe with arm sleeves.

If the cloak is sculpted on then in order for it to be accurate his arms would be covered. So we'd be looking at 3poa.

In fact, his outfit is identical to his rotj jabbas palace costume, just with a different belt, longer skirt and different color.

Reaction score
Yeah, they could bring Mark Hammil in to say, "Thanks for watching me in The Force Awakens, more dialogue to be added in Episode 8"

Reaction score
He is coming. Not in this line but in the Black Series SA one. Below was reported by JTA.

I'm guessing the Han and Stormtrooper are going to be repacks of the first release Stormtrooper and the Starkiller Base Han figures. I'm excited to see what Luke looks like. hopefully a pic of him or prototype is shown at SDCC. I'm wondering if we will get an all new Wolfee or just a repack as well.

Reaction score
December...and only in the Black Series line...you know the line that is a WM exclusive and being clearanced out? Yeah they have botched this line about as bad as it possibly could.

Reaction score
December...and only in the Black Series line...you know the line that is a WM exclusive and being clearanced out? Yeah they have botched this line about as bad as it possibly could.
They're being clearanced out along with majority of TFA product to make way for the Rogue One line in September. This happens every year when a packaging change is imminent...

Reaction score
They're being clearanced out along with majority of TFA product to make way for the Rogue One line in September. This happens every year when a packaging change is imminent...
The Black Series line was being clearance out months ago. In fact, they started clearancing it out not long after it finally hit the shelves.

And that still doesn't address my point of Luke not being released in the basic line.

Let's review.

Han, major character in the majority of the movie, released in Wave 3.

Leia, not as major of a character but definitely a marketable one, no standard release. Only released in the currently clearance out Black Series line so good luck getting her. When a company decides to clearance out a line, they aren't exactly in the restocking mood. I'm predicting $60ish for her on ebay down the road.

Luke, didn't have much screen time, but it's freaking Luke. He sells. He at least should have been in the final wave of the basic line.

Chewie, only available as an overpriced Armor up.

And I'm not even being nitpicky here. Major players in the Star Wars universe all had questionable choices surrounding the handling of their merchandise.

Line botched.

Reaction score
If their goal was to enrage the collectors and get it back to the kids they failed. Not only can collectors not find the characters but neither can the kids if the adult collectors/ scalpers can't find them.

Reaction score
I can“t believe they didn‘t have this at SDCC. I was hoping all weekend that this would be a final reveal. The only TFA Luke that will be available is $200/300 Hot Toys version?

Reaction score
The Walmart SA series also fizzled because they tested the waters with previous non-TFA versions of characters - Luke, Vader, Chewie. I already have a ton of those. Had they started with Force Awakens characters, might have been a better jump start. Oh well. Someone at Hasbro and Walmart needs to buy a clue.

Reaction score
I can“t believe they didn‘t have this at SDCC. I was hoping all weekend that this would be a final reveal. The only TFA Luke that will be available is $200/300 Hot Toys version?

I am surprised they didnt have it. Its crazy that they still havent released one. And the only Leia is that weird SA one. I understood why Luke wasnt out at time of release, but this is just stupid.

Reaction score
Luke will come out in the BS, eventually, according to Hasbro in Dec time frame. the line is not canceled, not sure why collectors keep saying its canceled. in my area none of the SW toys are on clearance, and we get all the waves of the BS (including the last one with Han, Leia and Phasma) got all of them at the stores. however would like to see whats coming and SDCC didn't show anything.

Reaction score
Luke will come out in the BS, eventually, according to Hasbro in Dec time frame. the line is not canceled, not sure why collectors keep saying its canceled. in my area none of the SW toys are on clearance, and we get all the waves of the BS (including the last one with Han, Leia and Phasma) got all of them at the stores. however would like to see whats coming and SDCC didn't show anything.

Yeah Hasbro said at SDCC that more Black Series 3.75 figures were coming.

I heard that Allo Asty was meant to be in the next wave.

Reaction score
The reason people are suggesting it might get cancelled is cos the line is a mess and has been mismanaged. I dont imagine Wal Mart would be delighted with it.

Reaction score
I think Hasbro needs to drop the Walmart exclusive BS 3.75 series and just make a return to the Vintage Collection already and have the line spread out across all stores. they can still make a 5POA line as well but I think they should sweeten the pot on the 5POA line and instead of firing weapons or BAW's just give us the BAD's again or better yet BAE (Build an Environment). how cool would it be for Hasbro to finally give us an action figure stand system that makes mini environments and dioramas

Reaction score
I don't think anyone said the line is cancelled but it's not looking good. It sounds like you're stores are an anomaly and not indicative of collecting across the board. I have pretty much given up on finding anything after wave 2 of the basic line. I did find the Han assortment but I had to have them pull it from the back. Everything after that, never hit my area. Judging from other people's posts on here, it's pretty safe to say that their stores look the same. Meaning for the most part, flooded with wave 2 blink and you miss it post wave 2 if they got any post wave 2 figures at all.

As for the Black Series, they all (3 WM's in my area) put them on clearance about a month after they hit. One of them is still flooded with about 40 figures.

They would be better of switching that line to an online exclusive at this point.

Back to the topic at hand. Luke. His exclusion does not make sense at all. His inclusion in the BS line doesn't make sense at all. Sales in that line suck. They are pretty much guaranteeing the general public will never see a TFA Luke figure with their decisions.

How do they seriously expect to get kids into this line with the selection at the stores?

At this point it's not just #whereisrey it's where is any main character from the movie.

But it's cool, kids would rather have Sarco Plank, Asty, General Hux, Goss, Zuvio, and PZ over Rey, Finn, Chewie, Poe, Han, Leia and freakin' LUKE!

Line still botched.

Reaction score
I don't think anyone said the line is cancelled but it's not looking good. It sounds like you're stores are an anomaly and not indicative of collecting across the board. I have pretty much given up on finding anything after wave 2 of the basic line. I did find the Han assortment but I had to have them pull it from the back. Everything after that, never hit my area. Judging from other people's posts on here, it's pretty safe to say that their stores look the same. Meaning for the most part, flooded with wave 2 blink and you miss it post wave 2 if they got any post wave 2 figures at all.

As for the Black Series, they all (3 WM's in my area) put them on clearance about a month after they hit. One of them is still flooded with about 40 figures.

They would be better of switching that line to an online exclusive at this point.

Back to the topic at hand. Luke. His exclusion does not make sense at all. His inclusion in the BS line doesn't make sense at all. Sales in that line suck. They are pretty much guaranteeing the general public will never see a TFA Luke figure with their decisions.

How do they seriously expect to get kids into this line with the selection at the stores?

At this point it's not just #whereisrey it's where is any main character from the movie.

But it's cool, kids would rather have Sarco Plank, Asty, General Hux, Goss, Zuvio, and PZ over Rey, Finn, Chewie, Poe, Han, Leia and freakin' LUKE!

Line still botched.

You guys should try living here in Australia.

We don't get the Black Series 3.75 inch figures so I have had to buy them all loose off a Hong Kong seller on eBay.

I have only seen up to the Akbar wave here and that wave showed up at a supermarket called Woolworths out of all places.

The Old man Rex wave and Unmasked Kylo wave showed up here but in limited quantities thanks to Kmart and our other big retail store Big W being flooded with wave 2 figures. These last 2 waves were found at Woolworths (supermarket) and another retail store called Myer.

I never saw anything past the Akbar wave and was lucky enough that a friend of mine from another state in Australia found Old Man Rex and Unkar Plutt for me.

Still looking for FN-2187 and the unmasked Kylo Ren wave.

May have to resort to eBay I think as I haven't seen anything new in ages in terms of anything past wave 2. :(

Reaction score
You guys should try living here in Australia.

We don't get the Black Series 3.75 inch figures so I have had to buy them all loose off a Hong Kong seller on eBay.

I have only seen up to the Akbar wave here and that wave showed up at a supermarket called Woolworths out of all places.

The Old man Rex wave and Unmasked Kylo wave showed up here but in limited quantities thanks to Kmart and our other big retail store Big W being flooded with wave 2 figures. These last 2 waves were found at Woolworths (supermarket) and another retail store called Myer.

I never saw anything past the Akbar wave and was lucky enough that a friend of mine from another state in Australia found Old Man Rex and Unkar Plutt for me.

Still looking for FN-2187 and the unmasked Kylo Ren wave.

May have to resort to eBay I think as I haven't seen anything new in ages in terms of anything past wave 2. :(
Its not just Australia, its anywhere outside of the US.

Reaction score
Its not just Australia, its anywhere outside of the US.
yeah it seems to be a worldwide problem except for Japan maybe.

I remember someone showing a pic of a TRU's in Japan where they had every Force Awkaens item you could think of. LOL!

Forgot to mention I never saw the Han/Rey Resistance wave either even though that was released here in limited numbers.

I had to buy that wave off eBay but luckily got them for retail cost off a good Australian seller. :)

Reaction score
In my area, no unmasked Kylo, Ackbar, Tasu, Nien. Saw Unkar once but I had already traded for him. So FN did hit...once...and I missed him. I managed to snag about 4 Han's (for fellow scummers) but I had to hit every target in the area and have them pull figures from the back.

So what you got doesn't sound too different than my experience.

I guess the only difference is we did get the Black Series but to be fair, it was almost entirely Finn and Poe.

Reaction score
In my area, no unmasked Kylo, Ackbar, Tasu, Nien. Saw Unkar once but I had already traded for him. So FN did hit...once...and I missed him. I managed to snag about 4 Han's (for fellow scummers) but I had to hit every target in the area and have them pull figures from the back.

So what you got doesn't sound too different than my experience.

I guess the only difference is we did get the Black Series but to be fair, it was almost entirely Finn and Poe.
We miss out on alot of other stuff in the past though.

Hasbro Australia doesn't get everything in.

For example they didn't get the Asty wave of Black Series 6 inch figures in for some reason.

In the past we have missed out on the vintage collection Landspeeder, Lukes tauntaun and the vintage collection Jabba and dais.

I had to get them all off eBay. :(

Reaction score
I hope Hasbro is happy. They've got collectors comparing notes on what they can't find and have never seen. :p

Reaction score
THIS is how it should be at every Walmart. Product comes in, product sells. Your store probably does not have much issue with peg warmers. That's a good thing.

Line still botched.
The Black Series 3.75" line has been confirmed to continue as a Walmart exclusive. Hasbro has said several times that the line is doing quite well, so sales of that line do not suck, as you put it. It's up to the store to clearance an item. I have three stores in my area and out of the three, one has a lot of peg warmers. The second has about half as many and the third had ONE. That store is the one where I have had the best luck finding the 3.75" line. So they sell well enough there, but they just can't seem to get replenished. Granted, he just stood there at the end of Ep. VII, but it makes total sense to have Luke in the BS line. WE will be the ones to put him in all these cool action poses and have fun with the figure. I'd rather pay $13.00 for one I can enjoy instead of $8.00 for a salt shaker.

Reaction score
Have 2 Walmarts in my area, one gets new BS toys, the other one (most popular store and in a very centric area) don't, or at least I could never find anything besides the regular Finn, Kylo, and Poe. but to be honest I spoke to the Walmart ppl, and they didn't even knew it was an exclusive line for Walmart. on other notes, I could never find any 3.75 5POA new toys, the 6" line always see the regulars like Finn, and some Zuvios etc. seen once the Asty wave and got Gen Hux, but other than that nothing new for months, then again none of my stores got any BS in clearance, I guess I was lucky to get all the waves from the 3.75 BS at the regular stores, but then again nobody knew it was exclusive to the stores, that's very pathetic, specially when u work at Walmart and should know the products.

Reaction score
that's very pathetic, specially when u work at Walmart and should know the products.
Walmart has so many exclusive products that it's really not possible for one person to keep up with all of them. I know which Star Wars items are exclusives, but if someone came up to me and asked if a specific line of Barbie dolls was exclusive to Walmart, I would have no idea. There really is no way to tell when you scan the product. Exclusive items show up in the system exactly the same as non-exclusive items. So it's not reasonable to expect the associates to know every single exclusive from a store that sells tens of thousands of different products.

Currently Walmart is in the middle of its back-to-school reset with summer items being clearanced out to make way for the fall stuff. Most of the Star Wars lines are going on Rollback, which is not the same as clearance, but each store has the option to clearance any item at any time. So, if the 3.75" Black Series figures are clearanced in your store, then that just means that they are clearanced in your store. It has little to do with how well the line is selling overall.

Reaction score
Why should one person who works at a store with several employees, and millions of products. Know about every single item that store carries?
I never understood this mentality, that just because you work for a Company. You would know everything about every product they carry.

Do you?

Reaction score
Why should one person who works at a store with several employees, and millions of products. Know about every single item that store carries?
I never understood this mentality, that just because you work for a Company. You would know everything about every product they carry.

Do you?
It's generally an expectation that only people who have never worked in retail seem to have.

Reaction score
If I'm in the deli section of WM, I wouldn't expect the person behind the counter to know anything about the TBS WM line, however, if I'm in the toy section, then I think it would be fine to assume that someone working in that department knew about it. Bit that's just me.

As for Luke, I just have the feeling that Hasbro will wait until the first wave of E VIII to release Luke.

Reaction score
I got sick and tired of waiting for Hasbro... So I made my own.

he has a wired cape (made from 2 vintage Prune Face capes) with a wired hood. He's all vintage parts, too - Jedi Luke torso, Poncho Luke arms, 4-LOM Hand, Farmboy Luke legs and a sculpted robe....

Reaction score
I got sick and tired of waiting for Hasbro... So I made my own.

he has a wired cape (made from 2 vintage Prune Face capes) with a wired hood. He's all vintage parts, too - Jedi Luke torso, Poncho Luke arms, 4-LOM Hand, Farmboy Luke legs and a sculpted robe....

my hat is off to you sir!!! This figure looks Amazing. I may have to steal your recipe and make one myself as I have all the parts as well.

Reaction score
How did Hasbro not see a picture of Luke until the movie came out when this picture was released to the public months before the movie was released?

Reaction score
I was remarkably impressed and maybe a little afraid at how good a job Disney did at getting that picture off the internet after it leaked. I mean yeah, it wasn't particularly hard to find even after their efforts, but they did probably the best job I'd ever seen of actually getting something OFF the internet.

Reaction score
What would it have mattered if they had shown Hasbro Luke's outfit? What did seeing Luke really spoil? It was the goal of the movie, everyone knew we'd see Luke at the end. We all knew he had a beard. I really don't see what the problem was.