Luke Skywalker - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score

We still haven't seen much for Luke to do with TFA so I presume this is Luke Skywalker with his robot hand showing, either way Luke Skywalker is a given for TFA toyline and in any scale.

Who's up for picking up an old Luke Skywalker figure?

Reaction score
When I walk into a store and see all the TFA figures for the first time, Luke will be the very first one I grab. I'll then stand there and stare at it for a moment, recall those many years ago when Luke was the first Star Wars figure I picked out at the store when I was a kid. Then I'll smile at the thought of getting to see my childhood hero on the big screen again.

Reaction score
I think that Luke Looks cool. I wonder how Long we'll have to wait for a Luke figure in the line, though. If he isn't in the opening thrid of the film, then twe might have to wait until wave 2 or 3 to get him or later if they want his reveal to be something Special in the film.

Luke is my favorite character, so I really hope we get an SA 3.75" figure of him.

Reaction score
Luke is my absolute favorite character in the entire saga, so it's a given that I'll buy up whatever is offered. Looking forward to the "old hermit" look & the (apparent) "flashback scene" versions of Luke...just do it right, Hasbro!

Reaction score
Luke IS Star Wars. I'll buy whatever figure you throw at me. They can't drop the ball with this icon can they?

Reaction score
Luke IS Star Wars. I'll buy whatever figure you throw at me. They can't drop the ball with this icon can they?
THIS!

This is exactly how I feel.

I could not have said it better myself: For me, Luke Skywalker -- more than any other single character ever created -- IS Star Wars.

And personally? I've been dreaming about a true Master Luke Skywalker action figure for a long, long time. A long time.

Any Luke Skywalker-related ST item that Hasbro (or any other licence holder) wants to throw at me will be a day-one pre-order. With probably multiples of every piece ordered, too.

I'd even be all over a 5 POA action figure of Skywalker (and generally speaking, I am n-o-t a fan of those limited-articulation offerings).

But hey, it's Luke. :)

Reaction score
Of course Luke is Star Wars, doesn't mean i'll buy whatever version they release though. It's also a given that a Luke figure will be a part of the line. Thing is, several factors go into whether I'll buy one or not. Just because it's Luke, does not mean it's an automatic buy for me.

If I like the design of the figure, I'll get it. If not, well...

Reaction score
Can you imagine how emotional it'd be just to pose a young farmboy Luke Skywalker with an older 'Jedi Master' or 'Sith' Luke Skywalker.

Reaction score
Luke is definitely Star Wars. The entire saga began it's tale on his character.

Reaction score
When I walk into a store and see all the TFA figures for the first time, Luke will be the very first one I grab. I'll then stand there and stare at it for a moment, recall those many years ago when Luke was the first Star Wars figure I picked out at the store when I was a kid. Then I'll smile at the thought of getting to see my childhood hero on the big screen again.
That's my dream as well. Unfortunately, if Hasbro decides to go only 5 POA with the 3.75" lines, then it will become my worst nightmare. All those years waiting for a truly new Luke figure, then going into a store and seeing him on the shelf, taking the figure off the peg. looking at it and seeing it's 5 POA, then putting it back on the peg, and them Walking out of the store depressed, disappointed, and frustrated.

Can you imagine how emotional it'd be just to pose a young farmboy Luke Skywalker with an older 'Jedi Master' or 'Sith' Luke Skywalker.
The key word being "pose." An SA young farmboy Luke next to a 5 POA older Jedi Master Luke would only give me one emtion, wanting to cry.

Reaction score
The key word being "pose." An SA young farmboy Luke next to a 5 POA older Jedi Master Luke would only give me one emtion, wanting to cry.
I'm still waiting for a Farmboy Luke that I'm happy with. 20 versions later and I'm still not quite happy.

Reaction score
That's my dream as well. Unfortunately, if Hasbro decides to go only 5 POA with the 3.75" lines, then it will become my worst nightmare. All those years waiting for a truly new Luke figure, then going into a store and seeing him on the shelf, taking the figure off the peg. looking at it and seeing it's 5 POA, then putting it back on the peg, and them Walking out of the store depressed, disappointed, and frustrated.

Vintage Kenner then with a 5POA TFA figure. ???

Reaction score
That's just a crazy old wizard you guys. Now get back to work on those condensers.

Reaction score
At leat, Hasbro won't have much to do on him. Dig out '95 old Ben castings from the factory and sculpt a new head :whistling:

GNT

Reaction score
Love his robes, can't wait to see this in figure form.

Reaction score
Do you think they'll use fabric on his 6 inch figure? I personally want them to

Reaction score
Maybe we have not seen too much of him since he is in hiding after that Jedi Scandal involving children leaked......You know the one i am talking about....................................Where his father killed younglings

Reaction score

We still haven't seen much for Luke to do with TFA so I presume this is Luke Skywalker with his robot hand showing, either way Luke Skywalker is a given for TFA toyline and in any scale.

Who's up for picking up an old Luke Skywalker figure?
seeing the leaked photo of Luke in full Jedi robes aka Old Ben look I'm beginning to wonder if the image above is not Luke but someone else.... perhaps Finn since the movie poster from D23 shows him wielding a lightsaber.

Reaction score
seeing the leaked photo of Luke in full Jedi robes aka Old Ben look I'm beginning to wonder if the image above is not Luke but someone else.... perhaps Finn since the movie poster from D23 shows him wielding a lightsaber.
No, that is most definitely Luke.

"The Force is strong in my family..."

"My father has it..."

"I have it..."

"My sister has it..."

"You have that power too."

The behind the scenes footage from the SDCC presentation confirms that it is Leia in that third image:

It is rumored that the picture in question
  Spoiler:  
is from a vision of the past which is shared with our new heroes through the Force.

But it is unquestionably Luke in that image.

Reaction score
Not just a light saber, but Luke's via Anakin, and handed presumably to Leia in the image above.

GNT

Reaction score
Hopefully soon we hear something about a Luke figure, I can understand he was meant to be the surprise of the movie but his probably everyone's most wanted figure atm. Bring on Toy Fair :p

Reaction score
Would a Black Series 6 inch 2 pack of Luke and Rey be too much to ask?

That photo that leaked of Luke prior to TFA seemed like a toy scan of his costume.

I want Luke desperately in any scale.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at all, if there was no Luke figure until EP9. After all, this movie wasn't about hi in the slightest.

Reaction score
I disagree. Luke sells. Hasbro knows an old man Luke will sell like crazy. He's coming this year.

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised at all, if there was no Luke figure until EP9. After all, this movie wasn't about hi in the slightest.
no way. Luke will be out soon. He isn't in any merchandise because his appearance in the film is a narrative surprise. So the decision to release the figure later is for that reason. I am sure we will see Luke at Toy Fair.

Reaction score
I disagree. Luke sells. Hasbro knows an old man Luke will sell like crazy. He's coming this year.
Yes Luke sells but its not like they are going to make any more or less Luke figures whether it sells or not. Guavian Enforcer and Sarco Plank are selling like crazy too.

As for whether we see EP VII Luke or not - maybe. Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in a Wave that comes out closer to the Blu-ray release.

Reaction score
Make it a mail away figure, that would be fun!
I was thinking the same! Release him as a mailaway halfway between episodes 8 & 9 and call it a "Secret Mail-Away" after they reintroduce TVC?!?! We can wish right?

Reaction score
I'm anticipating that Hasbro will manage a good sculpt of Luke, not because Hasbro is competent, but just that Luke's costume in TFA was so bare bones that there's not much for Hasbro to get wrong:awesome: