Luke Skywalker (Snowspeeder) - 40th ESB Anniversary

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the 40th Anniversary Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder 6" figure.

Thoughts on this one? Who's purchasing it?

Reaction score
Instant buy for me, especially with the Snowspeeder coming out. I said before that it would have been cool if he came with a grappling hook and he could store it in the Snowspeeder like the one for the 3.75" line. No biggie though.

Also nice touch too on the helmet with a worn look to it like in the film.

Reaction score
Yeah, the lack of a grappling hook is a little puzzling. Heck, they even gave one to the retro figure! Maybe it will come with the Snowspeeder, though there hasn't been any indication of that so far.

Reaction score
I’m getting him. Not for the Snowspeeder but just because I didn’t get X-Wing Luke and this looks cool.

Reaction score
I ordered the Snowspeeder, so I ordered this too. I probably wouldn't have otherwise, but it seems necessary if I'm spending so much on the Snowspeeder (which I am very excited about). I'll probably put him and Dak in it and never take them out... lol

Reaction score
No uk options yet (bar the full wave) but I'm there as soon as singles are available....

Reaction score
I wanted this figure regardless. But yeah the Snowspeeder with Dak ices it. I am really looking forward to this.

Reaction score
He looks fantastic but I wanna wait for a Dagobah Landing version. I just like having the blaster and holster better, and it's also a throwback to the SNES game.

Reaction score
I think this one has the pinless arms and legs, since its a new sculpt.
They introed this tech on the new Wolverine Hugh Jackman ML figure...really looks good...

Reaction score
I'm excited for this figure, it's my favorite version of Luke's piloting gear. I do wish they had included a swappable head without the thermal cap on, but that is far from being a deal breaker for me.

Reaction score
I really dig this figure and I'm definitely grabbing him when I see him in store.. that said after seeing him I'm not AS jazzed as I was when he was first announced. Maybe its the skull cap? lol, dunno. It'll pass once he's in hand, I'm sure.

Reaction score
They should have released the Yoda game with Dagobah Luke instead. This one liiks kie a Robotix pilot.

Reaction score
Slightly odd that this wave is hitting in August, when the speeder itself is coming in June. You'd think they'd arrive at the same time, but really that's a nitpick. Really looking forward to him!

Reaction score
That's a first, then. The ANH 40th line explicitly only had 6" versions of figures definitely done in the vintage line. With the technical exception of the "Death Squad Commander," obviously.

Reaction score
Was just checking out images of the Snowspeeder over at ToyArk. I'm wondering if that is the grappling hook gun on the left side of the (awesomely detailed) cockpit? https://news.toyark.com/2020/02/22/toy-fair-2020-hasbro-star-wars-381260
In the official Hasbro video on Pulse you get a quick glimpse of the guy picking up the grappling gun, so it seems the vehicle comes with it and not the figure. IIRC, TVC scenario is that the figure came with the grappling gun. TVC Snowspeeder does have a spot specifically designed to hold it in the cockpit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I guess technically, the grappler should come with the speeder rather than the figure. After all, Luke nearly gets trampled going back for it, meaning it's a standard feature for the speeder, not the pilot uniform.
(I'm nothing if not pedantic!)

Reaction score
In the official Hasbro video on Pulse you get a quick glimpse of the guy picking up the grappling gun, so it seems the vehicle comes with it and not the figure. IIRC, TVC scenario is that the figure came with the grappling gun. TVC Snowspeeder does have spot specifically designed to hold it in the cockpit.
Yeah, I saw that in the thread for the Snowspeeder. Very cool.

Reaction score
I've stopped collecting the Black Series, simple because there's way too much and I'm more 3.75" focused. That said, this is nearly impossible to turn down. I will absolutely pick this up to go with the Snowspeeder.

Reaction score
I hope Hasbro will also release this outfit in a modified "Dagobah landing" version, gloveless, without the flight cap and a helmet with the yellow glas visor flipped up.
It's an easy variant for them, and one lots of people want. It won't be impossible for people to customise one, but that will be dependant on what the Dagobah training head looks like, as the revised Bespin one looks too neat...

Reaction score
It's an easy variant for them, and one lots of people want. It won't be impossible for people to customise one, but that will be dependant on what the Dagobah training head looks like, as the revised Bespin one looks too neat...
Any news yet on Dagobah training Luke? Pics anywhere?