Luke Skywalker - ROTJ - Walmart

Reaction score
That's such a minor detail, I can't believe that you guys are nitpicking it. On the grand scheme of things, Hasbro has done far worse with many other figures, that this sort of thing doesn't bother me at all.

The cape/cloak on the other hand...

Reaction score
I would have preferred this be a retooled Endor Capture Luke with flap down. I still think the VC23 Luke superior to this release.

If they would have at least gotten the cloak and hair part right I would spring for this, but I have the vintage card deleted scene release.

Reaction score
This figure has been released three times now. Vintage cardback, Jabba's palace TRU set and the Walmart repack. How hard would it have been for Hasbro to change the head to the VC23 and make a damn cloak instead of a robe?

The whole reason this figure got repacked is because Hasbro said it's the closest Luke to a TFA figure. Here's a novel idea.... how about actually giving us a TFA Luke?

Reaction score
To make matters worse, I think this Luke is carried over to the Phasma wave. I think him and Vader have been carried over in every case assortment.

Reaction score
The whole reason this figure got repacked is because Hasbro said it's the closest Luke to a TFA figure. Here's a novel idea.... how about actually giving us a TFA Luke?
That's a fair point. I'd think at this Point, there wouldn't be any reason not to give us TFA Luke. Yes, there are rumors of him coming this fall, but this fall, the Focus should be on Rogue One.

Reaction score
To make matters worse, I think this Luke is carried over to the Phasma wave. I think him and Vader have been carried over in every case assortment.
Yep. I received my case today. 1x Luke 1x Vader. I just have no idea what Hasbro was thinking with the insane numbers they produced this Luke in...

Reaction score
Yep. I received my case today. 1x Luke 1x Vader. I just have no idea what Hasbro was thinking with the insane numbers they produced this Luke in...

Funny thing is that the Walmart I went to that had the full case, the only thing they have left is Luke and Kylo Ren. They actually sold the Vader. Too bad they had no Phasma by the time I got there. :(

Reaction score

It almost seems like someone messed up during the initial production run for the VC release. I bet they added an extra zero to the order. "Oh no. We only wanted 100,000. Now we got 1,000,000!"

Reaction score
Been holding off on Luke and Endor Han. But I found them for $1.00 each. So I finally picked them up.
There was only one Luke left, but there were about 7 Hans. Every one of them had terrible paint apps on the face. Got the least terrible one.

Luke's hair seems to be the wrong color and parted the wrong way. Love this figures tunic design but the sculpt on TVC Endor Capture was much better.

All in all, not impressed with these figures.

Reaction score
As strange as it is to believe, Luke is selling through in my area. I have three Walmart stores near by. One has only a couple figures left, the other two have nothing but Finn, Poe and Han.

Reaction score
That Luke is a solid figure, I have actually lost count of how many I have bought and subtly customized or kit bashed into different ROTJ scenes, then placed in that scenes container in my collection... Maybe up to 6 now? I don't know but if I find another need for a jedi Luke I will get him again.

Reaction score
I asked a question in the VC thread wit no joy so if I may I'll try here.

What is the best ROTJ Hamill likeness? Haven't collected SW for over a Decade but am now being pulled back in.

Reaction score
I asked a question in the VC thread wit no joy so if I may I'll try here.

What is the best ROTJ Hamill likeness? Haven't collected SW for over a Decade but am now being pulled back in.
The face sculpt on this one is pretty good but unfortunately Hasbro sculpted the hair the wrong way. If that doesn't bother you, then this is a good figure that is fairly cheap and plentiful.

If however, the hair is something you can't accept, then Vintage Collection "Endor Capture" Luke (VC23) is definitely the best RotJ Luke there is, but you'll have to pay a lot more for it probably.

Reaction score
I bought Endor Capture back in 2012 during one of mine "off periods" of collecting. Got back into it heavily about a year later and now I couldn't been happier that I did that.

Endor Capture is (in my opinion) the best ROTJ Luke figure made. Lightsaber Construction (or the standard Jedi Knight in TBS3.75) is pretty good, but it's got a few details wrong.

As mentioned above, the hair is sculpted backwards. Forgivable. But the face sculpt could be better. Also, the cloak looks far too brown for my taste. Maybe it was actually that brown in the film, but I never saw it as anything but a dark brown/black.
Oh, and it's a jacket instead of a cloak. It shouldn't have sleeves.

The tunic he's got on for this figure is molded and not soft-goods. This doesn't bother me either way, just mentionable since I believe they have made a figure with a soft-goods tunic.

Overall, this figure is pretty great, but I'd drop the cloak. Maybe source another from a different figure. Or if you're more inclined, cut and sew the cloak to remove the sleeves or make a new one yourself altogether.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
The tunic he's got on for this figure is molded and not soft-goods. This doesn't bother me either way, just mentionable since I believe they have made a figure with a soft-goods tunic.
Wanted to clarify: this figure does have a SG skirt, just not the whole tunic.

Reaction score
Yeah, the Luke from the 'Battle For Endor' pack. There's another one but the SGs aren't as good as the battle pack version.

Reaction score
Thanks all.

Gonna procure the Endor Capture Luke and give the hair a darker wash. Think that will probably do it.

Another question then (if the Mods let me get away with it in this thread), leaving aside TFA and Rogue One (which have suckered me back into collecting SW figures), what are the top 5/10 figures released in the last Decade which are must haves (i.e. the definitive depiction of a character)?

Reaction score
TBH, I think we're still waiting for definitive versions! lol

But you might want to stroll though the archives, because that definition is subjective to ones own opinion. And I can't think of any truly great figures made after TVC ended.

Reaction score
Check out the database at Jedibusiness.com.
You can search by character and make that decision for yourself. I use it to find my definitive versions (for the time being).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Thanks all.

Gonna procure the Endor Capture Luke and give the hair a darker wash. Think that will probably do it.

Another question then (if the Mods let me get away with it in this thread), leaving aside TFA and Rogue One (which have suckered me back into collecting SW figures), what are the top 5/10 figures released in the last Decade which are must haves (i.e. the definitive depiction of a character)?
Just like everybody said before me, depends on the individual opinion as far as finding the definitive of each character. however most ppl would agreed that most of the Vintage Collection will be categorized as definitive representations of the characters on the movies, specially the back ground characters on TVC, however in my opinion some of the main characters from TVC like Bespin Luke, Endor Capture Luke, Lightsaber Construction Luke, Hoth Luke, Bespin Han, 2004 VC Han Solo, Hoth Leia, Bespin Leia, Lando General, Deleted Scene Sandstorm Lando, and a few others in that Vintage Collection.

Reaction score
My top three figures of the last decade are Gamorrean Guard, Dengar, and Bespin Luke, all from the Vintage Collection. That's not to say those are the only great ones, of course, but those are 3 figures I can definitively say right now that I will never have to buy again.

Thanks all.

Reaction score
Very true, 99.9% of the updated Aliens are Definitive! That Bespin Luke, while an improvement upon the previous figure. Still had its issues. Not that I feel they need to revisit him, but I never like the hip joints. Or the sheer thickness of the figure.

Reaction score
My top three figures of the last decade are Gamorrean Guard, Dengar, and Bespin Luke, all from the Vintage Collection. That's not to say those are the only great ones, of course, but those are 3 figures I can definitively say right now that I will never have to buy again.
TVC Gamorrean Guard is definitely one of the best for me as well. It's 2017 and i'm still lovin' those guys ~

Another two for me would be VOTC Han Solo , best rendition of the character especially the face (subjective to personal opinion) although it needs an update in the articulation department and TVC Wicket because i appreciate any smaller figure with articulations (which seems to be rare nowadays) and he's simply just too cute among other Ewoks :D

Reaction score
I've really fallen out with VOTC Han Solo. I think it's a great overall sculpt, but it's just too small and spindly. You put him with some more recent figures and he looks like a child. Then in TVC they thought the could simply give him a bigger head and it looked ridiculous. Needs redoing from the ground up.

Reaction score
Thanks all.

I'll be somewhat loose in that time frame (pardon me if I get the year wrong), and perhaps subjective in my choice of figures. In no specific order:
TVC Endor Capture Luke (2011). Pretty much all the accessories work. And there is a hole for the peg on the saber hilt. Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan got that in the fall of 1999, so there is no excuse for that not to have been carried forward across the Jedi and Sith figs.
TVC Admiral Ackbar (2012): "Secondary characters don't need super articulation!" When it is executed this well, it's like saying you don't need to watch a beautiful sunrise because you woke up every morning this week.
VOTC Han Solo (2004): Virtually perfect. No frills. Working holster. Working SA. The only problem is if he spends too much time in the BMF Falcon cockpit, it will warp the holster
VOTC Chewbacca (2004): Uberarticulation, great deco (something that separates the entirety of the modern line, from POTF2 through TLC, until the crappy painting really began to hit across the line in the TVC era.
TVC Hoth Leia (2010): SA, rather solid deco for an era of flawed paint apps.
TLC Boba Fett (2009): Okay, it's an "offscreen" helmetless adult Boba, but I have always digged RH figs, plus this one has a second weapon.
TLC Ben Kenobi (2009): Perhaps the best figure of what might have been the best year of Star Wars collecting. Perfect sculpt and a unique accessory. The flaws are the lack of a unlit hilt accessory and the sometimes puffy outer soft-goods robe, but Hasbro gets an A for effort.
TLC ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi (2009): I think this might have technically been a rerelease. But I remember this as the first ROTS SA Kenobi, and with both lit and unlit sabers.
TVC ROTS Anakin Skywalker (2010): Also marketed as "Darth Vader." Great hairsculpt (think about it), soft goods and the first true SA Anakin from ROTS. IIRC, the blade was removable with this one - I believe that is the last time a figure had been produced with a removable hilt in the 3.75" line, and the first since Agen Kolar in fall 2005 (forgive me, but it's late and I may not remember the name of the Eeth Koth lookalike from the Palpatine takedown scene).

Reaction score
The LC and VC lines had a ton of perfect figures. I think the Gamorrean Guard, Dengar, Wicket, Giran, Bespin Luke, Malakili and countless others are all pretty much SA 3.75" perfection. Sigh...wishing we'll see an era of such greatness eventually return to the line.

I'd say any figure from 2007 and on is pretty definitive in my book. There are a few 2004-2006 figures like Hem Dazon, Garindan, Myo, Feltipern Trevagg, Dannik Jerriko and Chief Chirpa to name a few that I would say don't ever need updates, either.

Reaction score
I know this thread was buried for a while, but I need some help. I have purchased this figure THREE times. Every time, I seem to loose the tool accessory he comes with. Is there anyone out there who might have an extra or two of that tool they would be willing to part with? I'd rather not buy the complete figure again, if at all possible!