Luke Skywalker - ROTJ - Walmart

Reaction score
I just got my Luke Skywalker figure in the mail today. Great looking figure and a nice presentation, but a LOT of wasted packaging with the box!

Reaction score
I am glad to see these move at my local Wal-mart. A big selection of these came in a few weeks ago and now only a single Luke is left. They probably just got moved somewhere else by mistake...would be my luck. Ready for Wave 2! Nothing to look at but Mosep and Chewy's in all sizes.

Reaction score
This wave showed up at force at my Wal Mart. I'm not buying these figures again. Please please please please sell through, so I can get my Kylo Ren.

Reaction score
Am I wrong, but shouldn't this figure have a gloved right hand, in addition to a black cowl, and reversed hairline?

Reaction score
His robe color is actually somewhat accurately colored, although it should be more of a coffee brown. The black robes previous figures had were inaccurate. The one they gave him is too reddish. Also, it's a totally wrong cut. It should basically be a cape with a hood.

Reaction score
This figure made it out in decent quantities near me during the TVC run, so I don't think it's a necessary figure for my area.

Really disappointed to to see how much these are already going for on the secondary market (even though I have no interest since I've got the TVC version already).

Reaction score
Are you disappointed because they're being scalped which worries you about future waves? I can understand that. I hope the following waves hit in greater numbers, though.

Reaction score
Thinking about this figure it's another missed opportunity to improve the product and give this figure the correct cloak. Luke never wore a old school Jedi cloak like this. The could have also used the head from the TVC Endor Capture Luke to correct the incorrect part line head currently on this figure. Little changes like that would have got me to buy one...actually several. Subtle improvements like that require no new tooling just a new sewing pattern or existing parts is doable.

Reaction score
Hmmm, just bought this one from ASDA (UK version of Walmart) opened him up and Luke has an alarmingly loose waist joint, am so not impressed with this, has anyone else's found this with there's? Have heard that the Chewie also has a loose waist, premium line, yeah right.

Reaction score
So, are they raising the price on all of the Walmart exclusive TBS (3.75-4") figs? When I got my Luke, Vader, and Chewy off the pegs in the store it was already after I had ordered a Luke online from them. I figured I probably would not find one in the store when they did stock them. Anyhow, I found them before all of the re-sellers did, I guess. Both online and in store the price was $12 and change (around $12.83 or something close to that). Now on their site Luke was hiked up to $19.37 (oos again), Chewbacca was raised to $14.39, and Vader is $12.93.

Whenever the Kylo and Stormtrooper are stocked in this scale, from this line, what will be the correct retail price? I've never noticed their online price fluctuate that much, but then again I may have never paid that much attention. It's just a little strange when a 3.75 Luke costs more than the 6" TBS they have shown on their site.

Reaction score
I saw a stock of these on the pegs at Walmart finally yesterday. I bought 1. But it didn't really make me feel happy about it. it was $12.93 but I felt like it was too much for too little.

Reaction score
I'm happy I got one back when it was first released in TVC line. It might have an inaccurate headsculpt, but it's an easy head swap, plus I doubt we'll ever see a SA Jabba's Palace Luke.

Reaction score
bought one last night and noticed that mine has a different paint scheme then the original version (darker black tunic and vest) and there are now what appears to be sand paint apps on his boots. not sure if anyone else noticed this or not.

Reaction score
Thats funny you mention it. I swear the Black Series re release of Deleted Blu Ry Luke Skywalker, the hair color is a little darker or is it just me

Reaction score
The sleeved robe problem is easily fixed by pulling the sleeves into the inside. Then you can hot-glue the hood closed. This robe is much smaller hood and shorter length than the other Jedi robes of the last few years.

my Luke is looking off to the left, which drives me nuts.

Reaction score
Yeah, it's a much tidier fit. If they end up on clearance on the cheap it might be worth picking up multiples to replace the robes for Qui-Gon, Anakin, Obi-Wan etc

Reaction score
It also shouldn't have sleeves. its like they didn't even bother looking at ROTJ reference material. But if Luke is in VII in some capacity with a look similar to that then there may be some logic behind it.

Reaction score
Well TBH, he shouldn't look anything like this in TFA. It's been 30-40 years, I'm thinking he might have changed outfits once or twice since then. Or I would hope he did.

Reaction score
Well TBH, he shouldn't look anything like this in TFA. It's been 30-40 years, I'm thinking he might have changed outfits once or twice since then. Or I would hope he did.

Unless he's like Yoda. lol Yoda wore that robe for decades like it was his favorite Christmas sweater.

Reaction score
BTW, so it is confirmed the robe is new with this figure? Ratfarts! I guess I will re-buy this figure for that reason alone since I do want a more accurate cape/robe. I'll be doing that fix that other Scummers are posting here, too.

Reaction score
I just saw a bunch of them yesterday... and YES... they have robes. How they could botch up something that bad I'll never know....

Reaction score
BTW, so it is confirmed the robe is new with this figure? Ratfarts! I guess I will re-buy this figure for that reason alone since I do want a more accurate cape/robe. I'll be doing that fix that other Scummers are posting here, too.
I believe this figure is a straight repack of the deleted scenes Luke.

Reaction score
Well one thing is for sure in that Luke did not have undeleted sleeves before he entered Jabba's palace

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
ehh, Prequel lovers like me can always use more Jedi robes for figures who weren't packed with one. That's what I did with the TVC version of this character, and the Ayla Secura that came with one for some reason, they donated them to Jedi in need of warm coats for the winters

Reaction score
Lots of these hanging on pegs now. 3 Wal-marts in my area and all 3 are loaded with them. One store sold through the initial shipment of these but all have been hit hard again with another 3+ cases. I did check 1 of these today and found 1 case of wave 2 so that was cool. But why can't the stores/Hasbro not overcome the desire to flood stores with wave 1 of anything so that nothing else can come in regularly? I just can't see even with the christmas rush approaching Wal-mart moving all these Luke's, Vaders, and Chewy's.

Reaction score
So what scene is this one from? When does he wear a utility belt over the Jedi tunic? I don't remember a belt until Endor over his poncho. Then on the Death Star but without the tunic.

Reaction score
So what scene is this one from? When does he wear a utility belt over the Jedi tunic? I don't remember a belt until Endor over his poncho. Then on the Death Star but without the tunic.
This Luke is originally from the "ROTJ Deleted Scenes" wave from The Vintage Collection (hence the lightsaber construction tool and utility belt). I don't recall the belt being worn in the lightsaber construction deleted scene, but that's what this figure and accessories were originally based on.

Reaction score
I quite like this figure, and prefer it to the Death Star battle VC Luke. So it's a good substitute since I can't get that figure.

Just wish his left leg wasn't a little loose.