Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) - Armor Up

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) Armor Up figure.

Last edited:

GNT

Reaction score
I'm already happy with the past version so I'll be passing on this one.

Reaction score
A good re release choice. One of the better and harder to find Luke's. Lots of play value with the armor included. Could see something like that on rey or fin

Reaction score
This is a borderline get for me. I have one, I want another for the head sculpt. We will see if I'm willing to pay the new price. It would have been cool if they had mixed things up and made this a flap up version.

GNT

Reaction score
Thought the same thing, either way the accessory piece is pretty crappy.

Reaction score
Thought the same thing, either way the accessory piece is pretty crappy.
Any excuse they can use to get a repack out there in a new line.... Sad really. I have no plan on getting any of these "Armor add on" figures.

Reaction score
I am probably in the minority here, but I really like the armor piece.

Reaction score
I think this armour piece looks the best out of all of them so far, it's easy to imagine it as a post-ROTJ adventure look. I haven't got the SL Luke yet so this is a possible (if I don't blow the budget on TFA characters).

Reaction score
Yeah, there's something about the armor Piece that's actually Kind of cool. It may have been more interesting if they'd use These armor pieces as part of accessory packs for the film. I know the TPM packs didn't do so well, but put a couple of armor pieces together with a backpack, some TFA weapons, and a few other small accessories and I would have bought up a bunch.

Reaction score
I agree this armour piece is the only one that doesn't need to be killed with fire!!
I've owned this Luke figure though, and I hate it with a passion.

Reaction score
I agree this armour piece is the only one that doesn't need to be killed with fire!!
I've owned this Luke figure though, and I hate it with a passion.
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably won't be buying this oen, even on clearance.

Reaction score
Cool cause when i want to armor up I also wear a old pair of tool shed googles and an old comforter over my head and got my utility belt with an old high heeled shoe and a butter knife too!! Armor up!!

Reaction score
I actually like the armor up figures... the armor will make great background custom fodder for displays. the Luke looks great and it's definitely a nod to the ROTJ Deleted scene.

ZX3

Reaction score
Wasn't the argument against including more accessories that they cost too much?
And now they make these dumb M.A.S.K. rejects?
At least they're not molded onto the figures I suppose...

Reaction score
This guy's pegwarming hard everywhere. What a rubbish figure, I have no idea what Hasbro was thinking.

Reaction score
He's a great figure, just not worth $13. Wasn't that long ago that you could get him and 3 other figures for $20. The armor thing is a failed experiment...

Reaction score
Admittedly he's not entirely terrible; for a 5POA stick-in-the-background figure he's alright, but they're joking if they think charging $13 USD is a reasonable request, he's not worth nearly that much.

Reaction score
This figure is proof of the kind of "games" Hasbro is playing.

1. This figure was recently (and in mung places still is) available for half the price.

2. The claim by Hasbro has been that SA figures are too costly and there for drive up the msrp to an uncomfortable price for a 3.75 inch action figure, and yet this 5poa figure costs $13, simply for an armor up accessory no bigger than a build a weapon accessory, packed into a larger more costly empty box.

3. The Walmart exclusive SA 3.75 figures are also packed into an unnecessarily elaborate box, but these figures include the "more costly SA", for $13, the same price as these armor ups?

Failed experiment indeed. What's going on here?

Reaction score
Paid $6 for mine when he was first released in the Saga Legends line. For $6, he's a thing of beauty. The sculpt is just so dead on. So how they can justify charging $7 for a larger box and piece of armor is beyond me.

I really want another of this guy but I'm going to have to wait for them to clearance these guys out.

Reaction score
This figure is proof of the kind of "games" Hasbro is playing.

1. This figure was recently (and in mung places still is) available for half the price.

2. The claim by Hasbro has been that SA figures are too costly and there for drive up the msrp to an uncomfortable price for a 3.75 inch action figure, and yet this 5poa figure costs $13, simply for an armor up accessory no bigger than a build a weapon accessory, packed into a larger more costly empty box.

3. The Walmart exclusive SA 3.75 figures are also packed into an unnecessarily elaborate box, but these figures include the "more costly SA", for $13, the same price as these armor ups?

Failed experiment indeed. What's going on here?
You've hit the nail right on the head.
They contradict themselves left-right-and center and at the end of the day, anyone with half a brain can look past all their rubbish and see it's just them trying to make the highest possible buck from the lowest possible dollar.

The one thing I'll say though, is that regardless it probably is the best version of a Jedi Duel Luke from ROTJ we've gotten so far. The rest are pretty poor.
Though I'm not sure if that fact is great or just more depressing that Hasbro's budget efforts did better than genuine attempts at the figure.

Reaction score
This is one of my favourite Luke figures, without doubt. The lightsaber is also really nicely done.

Reaction score
Just picked this one up. The last Jedi Luke I bought was the terrible 30th Anniversary version before I stopped collecting. I missed out on the Legacy versions, but this one blows the 30th version away.

Reaction score
By the way, did anyone try modding the armour-up mask and using it on a 5POA Rey? I guess the hair might prevent this, but with some clever modding, I figured it might work?

Reaction score
While aesthetically this Luke is a nice figure, Luke VC 23 is still an exceptionally great figure. One of the best in TVC amongst a wave of all-stars.