Luke Skywalker - POTF2 (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary)

Reaction score
Luke Skywalker - POTF2 (Lucasfilm 50th Anniversary).
and
Exclusive. MSRP is $26.49. Available for pre-order on Friday June 18 at approximately 1pm EST at Pulse here. On shelf Fall 2021.
Eric Franer - Hasbro Star Wars Product Designer said:
As we continue to celebrate Lucasfilm’s 50th Anniversary, we wanted to get the iconic Power of The Force packaging into the line! Han and Luke are both updated with our photoreal deco for their likeness and Greedo has the same execution as his previous release.
Press Images

HD Images

Spoiler:  

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not to quibble, but it should be POTF2. POTF refers to the vintage line.

These are pretty cool. Glad to see Luke and Han in photo real.

Reaction score
Sleeves are too long but better looking than last Farmboy Luke.

Reaction score
Still a pretty bad figure. Once you own the SH figuarts farmboy one, this is just not a good alternative.
I've been talking myself out of the SHF version waiting on Hasbro to update theirs. I guess this is as good as it gets, so SHF it is, then.

Reaction score
We've needed an upgrade to ANH Luke, and this seems like an improvement over the release we got 8 years ago. The soft goods look better. Tempted to pre-order this tomorrow, since I know there's a zero percent chance I will see a Walmart exclusive at a Walmart store.

Reaction score
Looks like he's cosplaying in Leia's dress with the soft goods.

If they had released a standard trooper instead of Greedo, I might have gotten one or two of those.

Reaction score
Yeah nothing new or interesting with this figure. I think that I will pass.
Same. I have the 40th carded release and 2 from the Landspeeder. This is a solid pass. I mean the photo real is a nice update, but with all the stuff Hasbro is throwing at us I need to whittle my wish list down to just the "essentials"

Reaction score
They should have buffed him up. Also this looks like the short saber / long sleeve variant. :ROFLMAO: Seriously whats the point of this, do people already have nostalgia for 1995? Admittedly I did buy all these POTF2 back then but that was because I had been in a Star Wars drought for 10 years.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not to quibble, but it should be POTF2. POTF refers to the vintage line.

These are pretty cool. Glad to see Luke and Han in photo real.
You're right--I keep seeing "Power of the Force" and I thought, "oh great, they are going to come with a coin!"

Come to think of it, that would've made a difference with me buying the three of these rehashes!

Reaction score
Ughhhhh! Why not a classic Star Wars Vintage black card back with Luke photo at the Gunner station photo. This card alone make me say H*** No!

Reaction score
Is Luke hiding his power converters under that billowy tunic?

Reaction score
That they continue to produce this piece of garbage is a slap in the face. Arguably the most iconic character after Darth Vader (OK, and maybe Leia) and it's utter s***.

GNT

Reaction score
I kind of dig it, I didn't mind the POTF2 cards. Not sure I really need another Luke but the novelty factor is there.

Reaction score
I do think that Hasbro did a good job with the packaging. But I also was never a big fan of the POTF2 packaging or the TPM packaging for that matter.

Since the Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Greedo will be up on both HasbroPulse and ShopDisney, they should be easier to get. I just don't know if I can bring myself to buy them.

Reaction score
This feels weird as someone who was a kid who started collecting with POTF2.

I don’t collect BS6”. But I do find the cards nostalgic and it’s tempting. Seems weird to not do these throwback cards in 3.75” as well.

But ShopDisney is probably going to mangle these and I don’t really trust Hasbro Pulse either.

For these exclusives where the cards are part of the appeal, they should all be individually boxed like the Amazon vintage style figures were.

But it’s not worth the headache for me to try to get these mint when I’m trying not to buy anything from the line anyway.

Which makes me think Hasbro would get some more people to bite if they could buy them from preferred retailers.

I’d probably get R2-D2 and C-3PO though. They were my first Star Wars figures.

Reaction score

I don’t collect BS6”. But I do find the cards nostalgic and it’s tempting. Seems weird to not do these throwback cards in 3.75” as well.
This is where I'm at with it. 3.75" and I'd most likely buy two of each. In 6" I'm looking, and thinking they look nice... but not quite enough to pull the trigger.

Pretty much exactly what happened with the TPM card releases, except that now the impulse to buy is that bit stronger.

Reaction score
This is where I'm at with it. 3.75" and I'd most likely buy two of each. In 6" I'm looking, and thinking they look nice... but not quite enough to pull the trigger.

Pretty much exactly what happened with the TPM card releases, except that now the impulse to buy is that bit stronger.
Yep, definitely. 3.75” and I would’ve done the same.

Despite reservations, being able to order from BBTS, EE, or Dorkside would probably get me to order.

But they’ve taken the decision out of my hands. Same with the TPM cards and having to deal with Best Buy.

Also, having these throwback cards with 6” figures makes it feel like they’re using nostalgia to try to get people who haven’t bought figures since then to convert to 6”.

Reaction score

But ShopDisney is probably going to mangle these and I don’t really trust Hasbro Pulse either.

For these exclusives where the cards are part of the appeal, they should all be individually boxed like the Amazon vintage style figures were.

But it’s not worth the headache for me to try to get these mint when I’m trying not to buy anything from the line anyway.

Which makes me think Hasbro would get some more people to bite if they could buy them from preferred retailers.
I absolutely agree! I prefer to buy figure for my collection with the packaging in pristine mint condition. I know it's going to be a nightmare trying to get these figures in awesome condition from ShopDisney and HasbroPulse.

Also give credit to Amazon. They have really upped their game with protecting the packaging for collectors. It's something that Target, Walmart, ShopDisney, and HasbroPulse need to pick up.

Reaction score
690143C0-743A-46D9-8978-7DB1D081D6CA.jpeg Is this the same Luke Skywalker figure with the terrible Richard Madeley face sculpt that came with the Landspeeder many moons ago?

Reaction score
I get it, nostalgia and all, but I could get the actual PotF figure MoC for about the same price, their not rare….

Reaction score
I absolutely agree! I prefer to buy figure for my collection with the packaging in pristine mint condition. I know it's going to be a nightmare trying to get these figures in awesome condition from ShopDisney and HasbroPulse.

Also give credit to Amazon. They have really upped their game with protecting the packaging for collectors. It's something that Target, Walmart, ShopDisney, and HasbroPulse need to pick up.
the amazon 50th anniv figs came in hasbro prepacked pkges, amazon merely put a hasbro sealed boxed 50th greedo, ben, or jawa inside one of their shipping pkgs. So this seems like a hasbro initiative to keep these "collectables" from shipping damage such as stuffed in a too small bubble envelope, which amazon et al are well known for. I would hazard a guess that the shop disney and pulse excls will also be shipped likewise. Mass released figs won't get the treatment. It'll be interesting to see how the wm tvc 50th endor trio ships from wm in a couple weeks

Last edited:
Reaction score
LOL you quoted me just as i was editing my wording...meant to say pkgs, not boxes. but my point was meerly, amazon is not the one that are taking an initiative to ship minty items going customers, rather it seems hasbro is stepping up for these limited excls.