Luke Skywalker - POTF2 (LFL50)

Reaction score
Ok, I opened him up and snapped a couple of quick shots of him and compared to the original figure and the one that came with the Land Speeder. I am happy with the results of the photo real paint but I am a little perplexed about the sculpt. At first I thought it was just the original figure's sculpt with photo real paint, but comparing them side by side, I don't think it's the same sculpt. Maybe they tweaked the hair or something? I'm pretty sure it isn't the X-Wing pilot Luke sculpt either.

The other real difference is the shocking white of the tunic. Maybe, the others have "dulled" with age, but I don't remember them being this bright out of the package...though I could be wrong.

Sorry for the quality of these pics, I will take my time on the next batch and try to get some better comparisons.

As is, I am pretty happy with it.

View attachment 400088

View attachment 400089

View attachment 400091

View attachment 400092
Robe looks whiter on new release or is that the lighting? I agree that head is better than the previous 2.

Reaction score
Mine just arrived from FedEx.....with a good portion of the box crushed in. As expected, the card's all bent up. 🤦‍♂️

Chatting with Pulse now about getting a replacement sent out.

Reaction score
Aaaand a replacement is on its way! Have to say, that was a smooth experience dealing with customer service via chat. I only hope the second figure arrives in good shape.

Speaking of which, they let me keep the figure with damage. It's perfect as an opener (paint apps look great). Any interest for $20 shipped?

Reaction score
Figure came out great from seeing pictures. Still can’t believe we didn’t get a Boba Fett…

Reaction score
I was thinking more Shawn Cassidy...
Silly, Kristy Mcnichol and Shawn Cassidy are the same person.

Got a chance to see the Luke in person via a friend that ordered one. It's obviously the best they have made so far but as stated it's really bad in it's own way and looks nothing like Mark. Even with that said it makes the previous one's look like Monsters!

Reaction score
Jedi Business did a nice comparison pic of all four releases. Starting from the left - 2016 regular release, 2017 SDCC exclusive with Landspeeder, 2017 ANH 40th Anniversary, 2021 POTF2 packaging.

View attachment 400514

That's sad. After 4 attempts and they still pointlessly insist with SG and still *CAN'T it right overall.

*Edit

Last edited:
Reaction score
I really hope they eventually get to a complete remake of this figure. The new portrait is pretty good but the tunic is still abysmal. Need one with a molded tunic.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I really hope they eventually get to a complete remake of this figure. The new portrait is pretty good but the tunic is still abysmal. Need one with a molded tunic.

Take the tunic off Luke, immerse it in warm water then wring the water almost out, then put the damp tunic back on Luke and shape it so it looks casual in the way the fabric falls. Once dry it looks really natural and not so ‘dolly’ like. I do the same with the Jedi cloaks to make the fabric fall more naturally.

Reaction score
Take the tunic off Luke, immerse it in warm water then wring the water almost out, then put the damp tunic back on Luke and shape it so it looks casual in the way the fabric falls. Once dry it looks really natural and not so ‘dolly’ like. I do the same with the Jedi cloaks to make the fabric fall more naturally.
Good tip, have to try that! I currently have mine adjusted with his chest out so it looks more like the Hildebrandt poster /POTF2 figure, and it doesn't look as bad with the fabric pulled/tucked back that way, as long as you don't look at it from the back ...

Reaction score
He's available on ShopDisney. $24.99. Use SHIPMAGIC for free shipping on orders over $75. Disney Visa Card Members, use code DVCCTRICK for 20% off.

Last edited:
Reaction score
After seeing this thread, and the Galactic Figs (Jedi Biz) comparison, I'm sticking with my ANH 40th version that I got for $5 used a while back. And if I see a Yavin Luke cheap, I'm grabbing it and headswapping, because that looks great.

Reaction score
I’m not impressed. I’m going to stick with my original with the Yavin head on it and sell the new one locally for what I paid for it.View attachment 400553
Yavin Luke is definitely Hasbro's best ANH Luke sculpt to date.

After seeing this thread, and the Galactic Figs (Jedi Biz) comparison, I'm sticking with my ANH 40th version that I got for $5 used a while back. And if I see a Yavin Luke cheap, I'm grabbing it and headswapping, because that looks great.
He's on clearance (with Janna from TROZ) for $22 CDN at Toys R Us right now. 🤔

Reaction score
I’m not impressed. I’m going to stick with my original with the Yavin head on it and sell the new one locally for what I paid for it.View attachment 400553
Woah! top tip or what.

Just done my Landspeeder Luke now too. I will never go back to the Peter Dinklage head ever again.

Managed to get a Yavin Ceremony Luke dirt-cheap. I have seen the various customs online and thought I’d give it a go.

The head was a bugger to get off but managed to pop it off and out of the double ball socket with brute strength and a blast of hot heat from my hairdryer.

Had to put a bit of blu-tack inside the ball joint head hole to make the opening smaller, and popped it on the Landspeeder Luke body. It works a treat.

The printed face head is a trillion times better than the awful ‘Peter Dinklage’ head.

Now to do Obi-Wan’s head to make the Landspeeder ’scene’ absolutely perfect!

CE77937C-8BC8-40A6-9145-9B821818A11E.jpeg21C75231-A31C-4329-AC20-A7D9312F83BC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used Yavin Luke heads for alternate versions of all ANH and ESB Lukes. I agree with those who say it is because I was Kennerized as a child so my psyche thinks that is what he is supposed to look like. And last year Yavin Luke was $5, so I have Yavin Luke bodies stacked like cord wood in my fodder box. No, I won't be getting this newest version.

IMG_0830.jpeg

Reaction score
Just spotted some BS Yavin Lukes at Ollie's for $8 today.
e9Ivaj4.jpg

Reaction score
Just spotted some BS Yavin Lukes at Ollie's for $8 today.
e9Ivaj4.jpg
Wish we had an Ollie's anywhere near us in Colorado. I'd be in for a Moloch as the only Solo figure I'm missing, but just never was willing to pay the full Target price for it.