Luke Skywalker - POTF2 (LFL50)

Reaction score
I got two of the 50th Greedo figures on the original ship date from Amazon. While others were getting the secondary packaging (Hasbro box), mine were just tossed into an Amazon box. It wasn't a concern to me, but I do wonder what made the difference between how most were being sent out versus those of us who received them sans Hasbro box.

Reaction score
Boy, there just really is no improving this figure, is there?

In general, I haven't really been tempted by the Figuarts stuff for several reasons, but mostly because for all the extra money I don't tend to see much more of the actors in the faces of their figures, especially since face printing became a thing for BS. RotJ Luke especially looks.... bad.

But I do find it amusing that TBS' worst figure just happens to be Figuarts' best. Their ANH Luke looks fantastic, and I'm kinda sad that I've probably missed the boat on that figure.

I don't have a complete collection by any means, but there's still going to be a curious Luke shaped hole there where it seems I'll just never have his original look.

Reaction score
I guess not bad idea since it's been a few since this Luke figure has seen the shelves, and photo real deco seems to be their excuse/reason for being reissue heavy as of late. But at almost $27? I think not, for that price it really should be all new sculpt. because in my logical mind why would I pay $27 for this, when in a few years they'll just make anew better looking one for $23. If the prices haven't totally skyrocketed by then essentially putting a lot of collectors on notice that's it's no longer feasible to keep buying their product.

Reaction score
Well. I just PO'd him and Han from Pulse. Super easy, so I guess no one else is getting these LOL. TBH, Luke and Han were the only figures announced yesterday that I was remotely interested in. I'll let you know how he turns out.

Reaction score
Same here. I've got a Qui Gon TPM, a Pilot Hawk CW figure (only one I could find) and now a couple of these POTF2 figs. I hate buying a figure just for the packaging but I guess I'm (partially) in on this gimmick. If nothing else, I'll put them up as trade fodder in the future.

Reaction score
Chalk me up for a Greedo, and a Han. I passed up on both for a long time. I have 2 of the Luke already, 1 from the initial release, and 1 from the Landspeeder. Not happy with him at all.

Reaction score
Boy, there just really is no improving this figure, is there?

In general, I haven't really been tempted by the Figuarts stuff for several reasons, but mostly because for all the extra money I don't tend to see much more of the actors in the faces of their figures, especially since face printing became a thing for BS. RotJ Luke especially looks.... bad.

But I do find it amusing that TBS' worst figure just happens to be Figuarts' best. Their ANH Luke looks fantastic, and I'm kinda sad that I've probably missed the boat on that figure.

I don't have a complete collection by any means, but there's still going to be a curious Luke shaped hole there where it seems I'll just never have his original look.
You’re absolutely right. This is a bad figure and the photoreal doesn’t improve it that much. I highly recommend the Figuarts version. You should still be able to find it close to original cost with some searching

Reaction score
Same here. I've got a Qui Gon TPM, a Pilot Hawk CW figure (only one I could find) and now a couple of these POTF2 figs. I hate buying a figure just for the packaging but I guess I'm (partially) in on this gimmick. If nothing else, I'll put them up as trade fodder in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting these for the packaging. The POTF2 packaging was some of the worst IMO. I just want them with photo real. I don't feel good about it either LOL

Reaction score
Brings back some nostalgia from the “a new hope that the dark years for Star Wars is over” period of the 90’s.
Still though, I think the only thing new about this Luke is gonna be his peg warming action.

Reaction score
It dawned on me the other day that the bizarre choices of Luke and Han have a reason behind them...none of the core human group from ANH have been reissued with photo-real faces. Improved Leia was decided to be an Archive release, and apparently Improved Obi-Wan is going to be in the Cantina 3-pack thing next month, and that left Han and Luke, so they "found a way" to get them out.

Now, we can definitely debate the presentation, execution, and choices made therein(and we have been). For my money, just make the next Archive wave Luke, Han, Leia, and Greedo. But, of course, then they wouldn't be "50th Anniversary" and couldn't be sold "For A Few Dollars More."

Still, I almost want to buy them just for this reason, and dump off the old ones. It'd be nice to see them in person (by the way; still available!) This was a lot easier decision when figures were 20 bucks even.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got charged as well, no ship notice yet. Just for Luke, Han and Greedo on same order still say Nov.

Reaction score
More than the face not really Mr difficult to sculpt Hamil, that soft good top is so not 2021 figure expectations...

Reaction score
More than the face not really Mr difficult to sculpt Hamil, that soft good top is so not 2021 figure expectations...
after watching the Mando special about the Finale, It makes perfect sense why some sculpts look good to me and others don't. Light bounces off Mark's face in a unique way, and even in the same scene Luke looks different at points. since most sculpts are done fom stills, we get wildly different interpretations of him.

Reaction score
Mine arrived today and I just opened it. Great condition on the card. It was shipped in an appropriate sized box, with air pillows. It's almost a shame that I will be taking him off the card, but I don't collect packaging and...if I did, it wouldn't be THIS packaging as it is some of my least favorite. Still, here are a couple of shots of him on the card:

20210829_110308_resized (2).jpg

20210829_110318_resized (2).jpg

20210829_110340_resized.jpg

Reaction score
Ok, I opened him up and snapped a couple of quick shots of him and compared to the original figure and the one that came with the Land Speeder. I am happy with the results of the photo real paint but I am a little perplexed about the sculpt. At first I thought it was just the original figure's sculpt with photo real paint, but comparing them side by side, I don't think it's the same sculpt. Maybe they tweaked the hair or something? I'm pretty sure it isn't the X-Wing pilot Luke sculpt either.

The other real difference is the shocking white of the tunic. Maybe, the others have "dulled" with age, but I don't remember them being this bright out of the package...though I could be wrong.

Sorry for the quality of these pics, I will take my time on the next batch and try to get some better comparisons.

As is, I am pretty happy with it.

20210829_112043_resized (2).jpg

20210829_112056_resized (2).jpg

20210829_112124_resized (2).jpg

20210829_112453_resized (2).jpg

Reaction score
After seeing the final result, I still don't regret passing on this. It does look better with the photo real face paint. But this figure needs an entire redo.

Reaction score
After seeing the final result, I still don't regret passing on this. It does look better with the photo real face paint. But this figure needs an entire redo.
I agree. I mean it needs a new everything, including a new head, new hair, new face and new face tech, new body, new clothes, etc etc. It really looks terrible. Until it gets a new everything Mogwai will be waiting.

OIP (1).jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you @Billy_Ray for going the extra mile with the comparison shots. VERY interesting to compare. (I'd love to see the same thing with Han!)

WHY does "Photo Real" mean that figures get pink blobs as a base coat for their eyes? Lots of these modern figures have pink clouds around their eyes, and that's not very realistic.

Reaction score
Yeah, don't get me wrong, this figure isn't perfect by any means but, IMO he is the best release of this particular version. They really need to do a re-do from the ground up but, until they do, I am mostly happy with this one. He looks way better than the original and fits in better with the modern figures. I am still a little mystified by the head sculpt. It seems significantly different from the others to me. It might just be the improved paint apps, but I don't know. The hair looks "taller" to me, more like the X-Wing Luke, but it's not that sculpt. Anyway, here's a shot in natural lighting, closer to actual size:

20210830_095240_resized (3).jpg

Reaction score
The tunic is definitely much brighter and feels like a different (better?) fabric. I quite like the brilliant white though - reminds me of the Kenner original, even if its less screen accurate. The eyes look so bad though and he looks more like Johnny from Karate Kid, but at least I no longer need to cover the head with the Skywalker Strikes helmet. Hopefully someone with more talent than me can come up with a way to make his eyes look less "heroin chic". If they can I don't think he'll look too bad (even though its still looks nothing like '77 Luke)