Luke Skywalker - Medical Frigate - BD38

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker - Medical Frigate

tierneygreen said:
Billy_Ray said:
doc46 said:
If you have the VTAC Bespin Luke, could you post a pic of frigate Luke's head on the Bespin body?
I'm wondering if this will work too. I picked up the Medical Frigate Luke yesterday, but unfortunately all the rest of my figures are packed up and in storage at the moment, but that was the first thing I thought of. I really prefer this headsculpt to the one that came with VTAC Luke and I think it would look great on that figure...if it fits.

Well, it's not a straight head-swap. I had to drill the cavity in the head deeper, a little at a time, until it looked right on the body. Shouldn't be a big deal, though, if you have relatively steady hands.
That looks great! I wonder how the TAC Evolutions Luke headsculpt would look on the VTAC Luke, has anyone tried that?

Reaction score

doc46 said:
That looks great! I wonder how the TAC Evolutions Luke headsculpt would look on the VTAC Luke, has anyone tried that?
I would think it might look out of place since that is an older version of him.

Reaction score

The latest wave of action figures will be featured this week, starting off with the latest version of LUKE SKYWALKER...from wherever it is he's supposed to be from.

More to come all week long!

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
The latest wave of action figures will be featured this week, starting off with the latest version of LUKE SKYWALKER...from wherever it is he's supposed to be from.

I notice ont he notes of the pictures, it's stated that this figure is inacurate because he had lost his lightsaber, very true, but also, lost his hand - this figure depicts him getting his artificial hand, hence the opened up wirst area to show the mechanics.

I just think it's a bit iffy to state in the notes that it's also inacurate because he had a lost his hand as this specific Luke figure depicts the specific post surgery scene where Luke has a new articifical hand instead and moves the fingers around to test the mechanics.

Reaction score

The description of the figure states that he lost his hand, so I thought that was obvious.

Since this is meant to depict Luke getting the artificial hand AFTER he lost his original (per the description)...at the same time he ALSO lost his lightsaber...you have to wonder why the lightsaber is included with the figure at all.

It's the fact that he comes with a lightsaber that makes this figure inaccurate.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
The description of the figure states that he lost his hand, so I thought that was obvious.

Since this is meant to depict Luke getting the artificial hand AFTER he lost his original (per the description)...at the same time he ALSO lost his lightsaber...you have to wonder why the lightsaber is included with the figure at all.

It's the fact that he comes with a lightsaber that makes this figure inaccurate.
Agreed. But H isn't exactly known for getting everything right.

But I think they packaged the saber simply because it would need an accessory besides the little medical thingy.

Then of course we'd have the segment of collectors crying that it was ONLY packaged with that part and then THAT would start another thread.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:

While technically it is inaccurate, I don't think this is worth complaining too much about to Hasbro. I'd rather they included extra (sometimes inaccurate) accessories to fill up the bubble, as opposed to fewer (and sometimes no) accessories. It adds more value for the price. I can understand MOC collectors' annoyance as they don't look as good displayed with inaccurate accessories, but kids and their parents are more likely to purchase figures with lots of "play value."

Reaction score

Don't misunderstand...I'm not complaining about the lightsaber being included. I'm just making a note of it, in my efforts to have an accurate archive.

I know why it's included: it's a play value accessory for kids...why wouldn't LUKE SKYWALKER have a lightsaber?

It's the same reason why Hologram Luke and Spirit Obi-wan came with lightsabers.

Reaction score

Why does a figure have to be nailed down to a specific scene? Does this mean you can only use this Luke to get his hand attached, and nothing else? I don't think kids play that way... I never did. Still don't.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Don't misunderstand...I'm not complaining about the lightsaber being included. I'm just making a note of it, in my efforts to have an accurate archive.
Don't worry, I know what you meant. Ha ha. I hope YOU didn't think I was saying that YOU were "crying" like some people would.

I just know that some people get REALLY bent out of shape about insignificant things like that.

So, Mr. Curto, my apologies if it seemed like a strike at you.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Reminds me, you (or someone) made an ironically amusing typo in the Legacy Collection Darth Vader's TIE Fighter entry.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Lord Vader piloted this dadly ship in the Battel of Yavin, destroying several enemy fighters and nearly bringing down Luke Skywalker, had it not been for a lucky shot by the Millennium Falcon.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score

You know, I think this will be my next 2-4 figures. "ball" hips on a non-clone figure, looks like a win to me! Also looks like good Jedi customs too.

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:

I know why it's included: it's a play value accessory for kids...why wouldn't LUKE SKYWALKER have a lightsaber?

It's the same reason why Hologram Luke and Spirit Obi-wan came with lightsabers.
I think he should've come with a blaster instead, but hey, that's just me. I picked this guy up the other day, and I think it's a 9/10 figure.I can't believe how good they are finally getting sculpting a Mark Hamill likeness. Whoever did this figure should just take over Luke duties from now on.

Reaction score

tierneygreen said:
Billy_Ray said:
doc46 said:
If you have the VTAC Bespin Luke, could you post a pic of frigate Luke's head on the Bespin body?
I'm wondering if this will work too. I picked up the Medical Frigate Luke yesterday, but unfortunately all the rest of my figures are packed up and in storage at the moment, but that was the first thing I thought of. I really prefer this headsculpt to the one that came with VTAC Luke and I think it would look great on that figure...if it fits.

Well, it's not a straight head-swap. I had to drill the cavity in the head deeper, a little at a time, until it looked right on the body. Shouldn't be a big deal, though, if you have relatively steady hands.
Absolutely kick a$$ man!

That looks fantastic, it's a shame you need to dremel the neck hole though, that's a bit too much stuffing around for me..

Reaction score

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I noticed today that the silver tool accessory w/ Luke is very simular to the one that came w/ OTC Lobot a few years back. The 2 accessories are not 100% identical but very close in size and sculpt. Just thought I'd through that out there if it hasn't been already.

Reaction score

really happy with this figure, after not initially being very excited but this seemingly boring figure. The open panel on the arm makes this pretty cool looking.

Reaction score

darth_reaper said:
Mr Curto said:

I notice ont he notes of the pictures, it's stated that this figure is inacurate because he had lost his lightsaber, very true, but also, lost his hand - this figure depicts him getting his artificial hand, hence the opened up wirst area to show the mechanics.

I just think it's a bit iffy to state in the notes that it's also inacurate because he had a lost his hand as this specific Luke figure depicts the specific post surgery scene where Luke has a new articifical hand instead and moves the fingers around to test the mechanics.
Right. The figure itself is not at all innacurate, but you could say that the inclusion of the accessories are. Same with the Redemption Leia figure.

Reaction score

holwer said:
darth_reaper said:
Mr Curto said:

Right. The figure itself is not at all innacurate, but you could say that the inclusion of the accessories are. Same with the Redemption Leia figure.
Sorry. Stupid and pointless thing to say.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score

A little dab of hot glue here and there really makes the robe "behave" like it should. I really like this figure more than I thought I would!

Reaction score

Daigo_Bah said:
A little dab of hot glue here and there really makes the robe "behave" like it should. I really like this figure more than I thought I would!

Sounds a little kinky.

Reaction score

Finally found this one, and once again I'm happy and impressed. The head sculpt/paint finish is perfect on the figure I found; couple that with a cash fresh card and I've picked myself a winner.

Hope the Hammill likenesses keep up with the upcoming DS2 and Hoth Snowspeeder releases.

Reaction score
Crazy old thread bump here - but in light of all the awesomeness of this week - The Barge, HasbroPulse carrying the excellent Wave 4 figures, and the general direction Hasbro is going with TVC, I had to come back to this thread where it all started on Rebelscum for me.

I remember seeing this particular Luke and thinking it was so cool that they incorporated the new hand mechanics into a forearm of a 3.75" toy. I was down in Florida for an Easter trip visiting my Nana with the whole side of her family and my brother and I were going through Rebelscum's coverage of the Hasbro slideshow of new figures to come. I had always been a long-time lurker on here, mostly to see pictures of the kinds of action figures they were still making. Well I swept in and bought this whole wave. Technically, I had gotten back into collecting before 2009 as I have a few figures from before, but I think the idea of a "themed" wave made me really get crazy about it. ESB has been my favorite, but I'm loving the ROTJ love lately!

At any rate, it was that May in 2009 that I finally decided to become a member here and it's been an awesome experience learning a ton about my favorite movie series and all the great collectibles that come along with it. Being a member on other forums, I find this site to be the most diplomatic and friendly (a few internet quarrels aside) and it's funny to look back now in 2019 and remember seeing this particular Luke figure that made me want to dive in here to the forums in my 20s. And I still love this figure for it's awesome uniqueness and likeness. Cheers to many more years for all of us on Rebelscum!

Last edited:
Reaction score
That it cool. I know that I got the Frigate Leia for my daughters back then. I don't think that I picked up the Luke though.

Reaction score
This thread has reminded me that I've lost the tiny little medical tool that came with this figure : (