Luke Skywalker - Medical Frigate - BD38

GNT

Reaction score
Seems this one is on the rumoured lists as mentioned here for a possible ESB wave.

I hope this one holds true, it would be great to see luke made in this outfit at last.

Anyone up for this one?

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker - Medical Frigate

I would have prefered to see Luke - Snowspeeder Pilot done right first, however its still another get.

Reaction score

Kinda a bland type figure if they make it, but one that could fit well in a good diorama. I would hope it would come with interchangeable hands. One showing the mechanics of his robotic one, and a regular one.

Reaction score

Oh he's needed I just wouldnt say it was my first choice, Luke - Hoth (however I here he could be coming in a Vintage Line), or Luke - Snowspeeder pilot are first, followed by Luke - Dagobah (well read this forum if you dont know that rumor), and then this Luke would be last.

Reaction score

It's a Luke we haven't seen bfore- possibly the only one from the films.

Reaction score

I guess you're right, we even got diaper Luke first. He didn't have a very good time in ESB did he, getting pummeled by the abominable snowman and then getting his hand chopped off.

Reaction score

Sweet. I will get this as an accessory to my Medical Frigate Leia. . .

Reaction score

Sounds somewhat interesting... it would make sense if it were in the same wave as Leia, 2-1B and the Bespin figures, if these rumours are to be believed.

Although I dunno if I'd get this - if it came with interchangeable hands (as already suggested) then maybe. Also if it came with the medical bench he sits on that'd be cool.

Maybe even half a window & image of the galaxy.....
ok the odds of that actually happening are less than surviving flying though an asteroid field.

Reaction score

I'll buy it for sure (it's an OT figure...come on!) But it's definitely a figure that I'm not really yearning for. I'll be glad we can cross it off the to-do list, though when and if it finally comes out!

Reaction score

I'm more excited for Hoth Luke, but it will still be good to see this version finally get released.

Reaction score

I ditto the remarks that this Luke is at the bottom of most wanted Luke versions to be released or redone, but one I'll probably get anyway if its done well. Luke's getting a lot of love it seems. Lets only hope his face sculpt comes out well in all of these.

Reaction score

I'd say Luke's been getting more what I'd call punishment rather than 'love' these days.

Hopefully things turn around for our young jedi.

Reaction score

Not really the most exciting outfit but it will make our collections one step closer to completion.

Reaction score

This is a maybe for me. I'll have to see it up close and see how the head sculpt looks before deciding. Hope it turns out because I think it is one that needs to be made as others have mentioned.

Reaction score

Finally this figure is being released. Empire is my favorite movie, therefore anything that hasn't been released yet related to this movie I think will be great.

Reaction score

One of the last Lukes to be made, and it will be an easy "buy" for me when it comes out.

Reaction score

This is another one of those figures that can only leave me underwhelmed.

Reaction score

This is the perfect example of a film-based figure I really don't want or need. I guess I'm vicariously happy for everyone who wanted and props to Hasbro for thoroughness, but I'll be passing. That being said, you know what a cool accessory would be? Interchangeable arms: one with an open panel showing the circuitry for the prosthetic hand, and one that's normal.

Reaction score

Jangodo said:
This is the perfect example of a film-based figure I really don't want or need. I guess I'm vicariously happy for everyone who wanted and props to Hasbro for thoroughness, but I'll be passing. That being said, you know what a cool accessory would be? Interchangeable arms: one with an open panel showing the circuitry for the prosthetic hand, and one that's normal.
That sounds like it would be a good idea.

GNT

Reaction score

Might as well update this thread with a picture of the figure...

Reaction score

Luke Skywalker looks cool and others from this wave looks good too
i buy some of this wave for sure.

Reaction score

Ignoring the gargantuan softgoods robe thing, this has a decent sculpt from what I can see, the head and hand especially, I may try to pick this one up.

Reaction score

As I said with Leia, as long as he has knee articulation, I think it'll be a good figure.

Reaction score

I have wanted this version of Luke forever, and am hugely disappointed by the horrible soft goods. A nice moulded robe would have looked great. These are too short and too bulky and spoil what seems to be a nice figure underneath them. I hope the underlying figure displays well like Bail still does when his horrible blue coat is removed.

Reaction score

Can't believe I'm looking forward to yet another Luke figure. Looks mighty good!

Reaction score

Not the most exciting version of Luke, but as a big Luke fan I'll pick him up (unless the end product looks a lot worse than this pic). The soft goods look awful to me, but the head sculpt is great, and I'm curious to see how well the details in his arm will look.

Reaction score

Why, why, why did they have to go with a soft goods robe? It looks horrible. I've been wanting them to make this figure for a long time, and I think it's a disappointment, along with the rest of the wave.

Reaction score

DarkKnight07 said:
Why, why, why did they have to go with a soft goods robe? It looks horrible. I've been wanting them to make this figure for a long time, and I think it's a disappointment, along with the rest of the wave.
You are my long lost brother.

Reaction score

Is the mechanical hand supposed to be permanently open? I'll be amazed if they can make movable covers that small.

Reaction score

A nice looking figure, one of the best Luke head sculpts, but absolutely terrible execution on the soft goods. I'll buy it for parts but we'll have to wait for the resculpt to get what we actually wanted.

Reaction score

I actually think that the gimmick they have going with the hand is pretty cool. I'll bite.

Reaction score

I didn't think i'd want this one but the headsculpt is awesome and the robotic arm is nifty

Reaction score

Whose betting that that is the VOTC upper body under that robe? Depending on the articulation of the figure I might buy a few for custom fodder.

Jason

Reaction score

I wonder how this head would look on the VTAC Bespin Luke body? If it can fit and looks good, only then might I pick up this one. I don't like the soft goods though.

Reaction score

Yep - the only downside is the oversized SG - exactly the reason I don't like SG - they just end up looking terrible on these figures. That said, it's what the majority are asking for, so I won't complain too loudly.

Would love to see a follow on variant that had a molded robe.

Wonder if we're going to get optional arms like the 2002 Saga Luke Bespin (removable hand, tournequette, etc.). That would certainly be a good way around the "permanently" open access hatches.

'78

Reaction score

i will still buy 'em all because I'm an addict but this wave blows
The Ugnaughts are the only good looking figures
yes Luke's head is nice but that robe is beyond awful