Luke Skywalker - Jedi Training Flashback (TROS) Flashback

GNT

Reaction score
According to Yakface.com we should be seeing Luke Skywalker Jedi Training Flashback from Rise of Skywalker in the Black Series in the near future .

Any thoughts on seeing this figure?

Reaction score
Wonder if he will have a new headsculpt or reuse from one of his other looks.

Reaction score
for those who may have forgotten:

Luke-and-Leia-Star-Wars-Rise-of-Skywalker-Jedi-Training-Flashback.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Luke-and-Leia-training-TROS-featured.jpg

Reaction score
It would be fun to pose them together as part of some head-cannon, until the animated version comes out - to overwrite the "dark times..."

Reaction score
no, i think it is just the angles of those photos. i just wanted to share some photos of the scene because i personally forgot what they looked like during filming.

0fbc4b940313bea7a5b290f0ffe42f6894a37436.gifv

main-qimg-44f2508c513869eee1ec1c4dfc7899fa

29c94b95c9eda00318b29ccdca99561f11c9df67.gifv

0745717cfb83ffe3b7db081c0b762dd9.jpg
EiIbBEnWkAMFKv6.jpg

I forgot too. I thought Luke was mostly in his Jedi master attire here but he's not. I've picked up nearly every 6 inch Luke already, so this is basically a guarantee for me.

Reaction score
Yeah, this seems like a really odd choice, honestly.

I'm happy for those that want Leia/Luke Jedi Training figures.

But like, REALLY?

This is what Hasbro comes up with for new Luke and Leia figures?

Reaction score
Is there something different about cool looking aliens that appear for 5 seconds in the ST, than the cool looking aliens that appear for 5 seconds in the PT and OT?

At the end of the day - just saves me money.

Reaction score
Is there something different about cool looking aliens that appear for 5 seconds in the ST, than the cool looking aliens that appear for 5 seconds in the PT and OT?

Less time in the real world for us to obsess over them and wonder what their backstories are.

Besides most of us being grown up with other things to do, we also have had new Star Wars stories on our screens at least once a year since 2015. Why fixate on background aliens in that one scene full of weird aliens when you have another show or movie dropping to catch up on?

We just have to wait until 2035 when the 20th anniversary edition of "From A Certain Point Of View: Tales from Maz's Castle" comes out and lets us know what all those dudes and dudettes have been up to.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Boy...how toxic are characters from the sequel trilogy to Hasbro that these are the first ones we get from those films in more than a year?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if these two join Dark Rey as being the most desirable figures from Ep. 7-8-9. Three characters who only appear as apparitions or flashbacks.

Says a lot.

Reaction score
Yeah, it is interesting. The ting is it's Luke and Leia in different outfits so yeah people are going to want them, and especially since they can be considered ROTJ era versions. They work for one's own EU as well. I', curious though will the helmets be removable or sculpted on? Also wonder if they will be all new molds because I didn't really get a good look at the outfits to see if there could be reuse.

For me they're not high on my Wishlist at all probably dead last if they're even on it.

Reaction score
The costumes are cool. I think it’s awesome to finally get a version of Leia and Luke in traditional Jedi garb. I just hope they make the helmets removable. If you adjust the brightness on some of the screen caps it looks like Leia is wearing leg wrap boots similar to Luke’s in ANH.
Luke’s outfit is similar to Obi Wan’s prequel outfit. I’ll definitely buy these.

Reaction score
Heck yeah! It's the only time we get to see Luke's green lightsaber in the whole damn sequel trilogy.

I have no idea why they went with using Anakin's blue lightsaber for those three movies. It was used to slaughter Jedi Padawans in ROTS. Remember? I thought it was a bad choice to use it in the movies.

But I will definitely be buying this figure. Absolutely!

Reaction score
Don't forget the murdering his apprentice scene in TLJ.

View attachment 392538

That's right. I forgot about that scene. Though Luke did NOT murder Ben Solo, he just thought about it for a MOMENT and then came to his senses quickly.

Again, never liked the notion of using Anakin's lightsaber. Fine, Rey accepts it from Maz Kanata. Still don't know how it was retrieved from Bespin. That should have been it. Keep in mind that it is part of a Jedi's rite of passage to find their own Kyber crystal and build their lightsaber. Remember the deleted Luke Skywalker scene from ROTJ.

Luke should have "battled" Kylo Ren with HIS own green lightsaber in TLJ.

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm actually interested in these two figures. I'm not a ST fan personally, but I did like THIS scene...short as it is. It was my favorite in TROS. And these would be the first (and likely only) ST era figures I'll purchase. But really, I think it's because while it's IN the TROS film, it takes PLACE in that sort of Mandolorian era. So I'd probably display them more with my Mando stuff than create a ST section.

It's back when Luke, Han, and Leia and crew were still all together and badasses. It's also like getting "What if..." figures. It was cool because that scene was like witnessing where we all kind of ASSUMED things would go for Luke and Leia: Luke a Jedi Master training noobs, Leia his first noob. What if Leia did become a Jedi? What if Luke stayed a Jedi and didn't become some bitter old curmudgeon? I find that fun to imagine. I've always liked to interpret the scene as Luke took that kick from Leia and fell and stopped...because he sensed Grogu's call. And Leia stopped the fight because she sensed her loyalty to Jedi would lead to her son dying.

And that was where the rift happened between them. The split, one goes one way to find this youngling called to begin a new Academy far away, the other stops training at all to hopefully avoid a premature fate for Ben - causing also a rift with her husband. But fate has a funny way of working things out, Ben himself instead becoming force sensitive, going to live at Luke's new academy, and falling to the dark side. One might say, Leia's premonition about him dying due to her link to the force...was very right because he inherited it from his Mother, his Uncle taught it, and his Grandfather's essence temporarily claimed it. But ultimately, probably more than any other, it was the one without the force that saved him most: His father. Through the unforgivable act of murdering his own father, he went on a journey of self discovery. Guilt! And through the imaginings of Han forgiving him, mirrored exactly after the same dialogue in TFA where he kills him, he finds forgiveness in himself and the will to at last embrace the light side that closet resided always within. The finally avenge his father...from himself...by simply healing and doing what's right. His destiny!

The Han scene was my second favorite in TROS.

See...I do think the ST has some good stuff...

And these figures I WOULD buy in a heartbeat!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah I could never figure out why Luke was not using his own lightsaber in TLJ.
Supposedly to distract and goad Kylo since he was obsessed with the family lightsaber. Luke’s goal was to buy time for the Resistance to escape so he needed to draw all attention to Kylo. That’s why he also appeared younger, to evoke the same feelings of conflict, insecurity and inferiority in Kylo that he associated with Jedi Master Luke in his prime. Like most things in ST, the visuals and ideas are captivating but the motivations and execution are lacking.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know what reference photos you people are looking at for this figure's concept, but all the still frames I've seen don't show the whole outfit clearly enough to determine its look. I don't see any aspect that resemble Samurai or tradition Jedi garb. To me it looked more like something Kirk wore off duty.

One reason this doesn't interest me is that fact that I gave up needing every version of Luke or any of the main character a while back. Biggest reason are the space issues.

Don't forget the murdering his apprentice scene in TLJ.

View attachment 392538
Yeah, but isn't that just his white Jedi Master garb with a darker outer robe? And of course a different head sculpt, but my point is that it's certainly an easy variant to make for Hasbro. Plus it's another instance of getting an ST candidate out but also appealing to OT fans.

Reaction score
I don't know what reference photos you people are looking at for this figure's concept, but all the still frames I've seen don't show the whole outfit clearly enough to determine its look. I don't see any aspect that resemble Samurai or tradition Jedi garb. To me it looked more like something Kirk wore off duty.

One reason this doesn't interest me is that fact that I gave up needing every version of Luke or any of the main character a while back. Biggest reason are the space issues.

Yeah, but isn't that just his white Jedi Master garb with a darker outer robe? And of course a different head sculpt, but my point is that it's certainly an easy variant to make for Hasbro. Plus it's another instance of getting an ST candidate out but also appealing to OT fans.
While caricatures, I presume these to be accurate depictions of their costumes:

luke_leia_training_1.jpg

Reaction score
Just realized that Leia’s training helmet is the same as Rey’s so hopefully it’s removable along with Luke’s helmet.

Reaction score

I like the weird/kinda 70s shirt. That and the way the whole scene was filmed kinda gave off a sort of informal training vibe. Like maybe she was his first student? It would make sense since by the end of RotJ, she's the only living force-sensitive he knows.

I think the only similar thing from the Jedi Master outfit is his belt buckle. From the gifs above in post #8 (specifically the last one) you can make out the baggy pants he's wearing. I don't see why they wouldn't just be sculpted baggy, though.