Luke Skywalker Jedi - ROTJ (40th Anniversary)

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro have just revealed a Luke Skywalker Jedi figure for the Black Series toy line. The movie image used was from the end scene of ROTJ. He will be on a retro card as part of the 3rd wave.

1664659145627.jpeg

Mando S2 version with the grey panel? Works for me.

I'll just sit back and watch the anger about him having the wrong belt.

DS2 Luke is a great candidate for a refresh--I'm eager to see what they'll eventually present us with.

I'm curious exactly how different by he's gonna look from the Mando S2 Luke.

Relax. It was a joke. I’m watching the Saints not play so well and feeling a little salty, I guess. I apologize.

I was just trying to politely point out that it was a different version that appeared in The Mandalorian, without being rude or making the other person feel foolish. You should try it sometime.
I appreciate that and I should have clarified in my initial comment moreso how different the actual figure is going to look. If they just reuse the arms and legs on a different torso with a different head, then I'm not sure this'll be worthwhile. Would it be a whole new figure from the ground up? Accessories besides his lightsaber? That's more what I was meaning.

I can’t wait for this release. Hopefully interchangeable panels with flap closed/opened, his lightsaber, and the binders.

Excited for this.

I had planned to pick up two of the Mandalorian Lukes, so I could take the vest off one and custom it into a DS2 Luke.

This is going to save me even that miniscule effort, and who knows it might even have a better headsculpt.

Technically accurate or not, it would also be pretty great if it could come with a swappable ungloved hand too. I'd just like to consolidate as many Lukes as possible into a single definitive RotJ Luke with swappable options, if I can.

I'm predicting the lightsaber being the only accessory, but I guess we'll see.

Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) (40th ROTJ Anniversary). Code-named "Kuna". Part of the 40th ROTJ Anniversary Wave 3. Looks to be based on the Phase IV TM #30 with newly tooled head. Comes with swappable chest plate and lightsaber with removeable blade.

On shelf Fall 2023. MSRP is $24.99. Available for pre-order April 11th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Commemorate the 40th Anniversary of STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI with this STAR WARS: THE BLACK SERIES LUKE SKYWALKER (JEDI KNIGHT) figure, featuring classic design and packaging! This premium 6-inch Luke Skywalker figure is inspired by the character’s appearance in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI. Fans can display this figure which features premium detail, multiple points of articulation and Lightsaber accessory, in their collections. Includes figure and 2 entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Carded-1-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Loose-4-Resized.jpg
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Loose-5-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Carded-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Loose-1.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Loose-3.jpg

Black-Series-40-ROTJ-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-Loose-5.jpg

Last edited:
Don't know if I like the way they integrated the butterfly joints. But I guess the designers didn't have many options due to the outfit.

He looks perfect, they even included the flap. So happy I never bothered with the 2014 figure.

Looks to have a slight duck face from some angles, but otherwise a fantastic headsculpt. Going to need a couple of these guys! Outstanding figure.

EE must be happy their stock of the Mando version came in this week. BBTS are processing any day now. Wonder how many cancellations they're getting.

I got the email yesterday about my Mando Luke processing soon from BBTS. I'll be keeping it, but very liken my getting this one as well.

Looks amazing. Finally a Jedi Luke with a great headsculpt and modern articulation (and he’s the right height now too!). Day 1 purchase for sure.

The articulation is everything to me. I already have a stand-in Luke from the 2019 Wal*Mart exclusive, but I'll get this just for the arms alone. Glad I didn't bother with Mando Luke. Wish Grogu/Luke would have the butterfly joints - I wish every Jedi would, though.

The articulation is everything to me. I already have a stand-in Luke from the 2019 Wal*Mart exclusive, but I'll get this just for the arms alone. Glad I didn't bother with Mando Luke. Wish Grogu/Luke would have the butterfly joints - I wish every Jedi would, though.
Mando/ROTJ Luke have butterfly joints and swivel boots, Luke/Grogu have butterfly joints, and by the looks of it, this one utilized the arms/legs/pelvis, and maybe chest from Mando Luke. The head looks a lot to the prototype Jedi knight Luke from the Rancor Haslab.

So I take it this is not a repack? Wave three of these ROTJ figures is gonna rock then! New R2, New Vader, New Luke. Just the Royal Guard has been released before.

I’m going to definitely buy a few of them, to make a Heir to the Empire version w a brown belt, & a custom Mando Luke head I also have. Including just adding the return of the Jedi Walmart luke head on, & I definitely want to upgrade my custom New Jedi order luke w a Jedi tunic & brown belt to go w my custom painted new Jedi Order Luke headsculpt.

Mando/ROTJ Luke have butterfly joints and swivel boots, Luke/Grogu have butterfly joints, and by the looks of it, this one utilized the arms/legs/pelvis, and maybe chest from Mando Luke. The head looks a lot to the prototype Jedi knight Luke from the Rancor Haslab.
Godo to know, I hadn't noticed on Mando Luke, but also not looked that closely yet.

Best Luke headsculpt out of all the recent figures, IMO. A definite purchase. I wish he had a matching card art, either the Emperor's Throne Room or Vader's unmasking.

The original RotJ figure in 83 had the black glove, so there's no inconsistency there. There was never a Death Star duel card back and the whole point of this line is the original card backs m

Not sure anyone would want a re-release of the Walmart figure instead of this?

The original RotJ figure in 83 had the black glove, so there's no inconsistency there. There was never a Death Star duel card back and the whole point of this line is the original card backs m

Not sure anyone would want a re-release of the Walmart figure instead of this?

Because I wasn’t collecting then. We get Lando Skiff three times and can’t get a LUKE twice. Especially when this is the card that it’s supposed to be on. People want this Luke? Fine. Do a new card for it and re-release “Jabba” Luke, too.

It’s punishment for the Rancor and with the vitriol towards Hasbro I can’t believe it hasn’t been mentioned.

Back