Luke Skywalker - Jedi Master - VC**

GNT

Reaction score
Please use this thread to discuss the reissue of Luke Skywalker that'll be released in the Vintage Collection line:

Thoughts on this figure?

Reaction score
Why haven’t we seen hardly any carded images? A lot of these figures we already have or at least seen before. What would been nice to see was these guys carded

Reaction score
We got carded samples of part of wave 1 coming in april. Other waves, from which this Luke will be par of, are coming later this summer.

Reaction score
Well, I already have Luke, but it's really good to see this get a repack with the aftermarket prices and everything.

Reaction score
It's not a straight pack. They added wrist hinges and rocker joint ankles.

Edit: I'm wrong. It's just a re-pack.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's not a straight pack. They added wrist hinges and rocker joint ankles.
It is. PR simply made a mistake and released a photo of the 6" instead. If you look at the actual Toy Fair floor pics, it's the exact same Walmart figure. Plus, if you compare this PR photo to a 6" PR photo, you'll see it's the exact same photo.

Reaction score
It is. PR simply made a mistake and released a photo of the 6" instead. If you look at the actual Toy Fair floor pics, it's the exact same Walmart figure. Plus, if you compare this PR photo to a 6" PR photo, you'll see it's the exact same photo.
Yep you are right. Slightly disappointing...

Reaction score
We got carded samples of part of wave 1 coming in april. Other waves, from which this Luke will be par of, are coming later this summer.
I'm just saying its kind of a waste & letdown to show all these shots of upcoming vintage line figures without the cardbacks. And these are not the only figures slated to release later this year that we saw at TF. Were there any new cards shown other than what we already knew about and seen before?

Reaction score
it's a pass for me. already have 2 of the black series ones. don't need another. plus I'm an opener so the cards are going to be trashed anyway. so far out of the Wave 1 I need Snoke and the Doctor.

Reaction score
I'm just saying its kind of a waste & letdown to show all these shots of upcoming vintage line figures without the cardbacks. And these are not the only figures slated to release later this year that we saw at TF. Were there any new cards shown other than what we already knew about and seen before?
Pretty sure Carded Snoke was a first and possibly FO Stormtrooper. Other than that, it was clearly light on carded figures but i think we saw carded sample of all the wave coming in April (Hoth Rebel, Jyn, Rey (jakku), FO Storm and Snoke).
As wave 2 is not coming before late summer, i assume they are saving cards reveal for convention season. It's not like they were realeasing 50+ figures a year like in the old days. They gotta pepper reveals more carefully or we'll get nothing new comes summer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep, they need to show some stuff of SDCC.

Pretty sure Carded Snoke was a first and possibly FO Stormtrooper. Other than that, it was clearly light on carded figures but i think we saw carded sample of all the wave coming in April (Hoth Rebel, Jyn, Rey (jakku), FO Storm and Snoke).
As wave 2 is not coming before late summer, i assume they are saving cards reveal for convention season. It's not like they were realeasing 50+ figures a year like in the old days. They gotta pepper reveals more carefully or we'll get nothing new comes summer.

Reaction score
I was hoping to see a slight rework of this, similar to how the soft goods were handled on the Luke 6" Target exclusive with diorama base. Would have been nice to see some cloth goods with the plastic skirt on the bottom half.

At least, Luke might come with a darker grey cloak this time.

Reaction score
I was hoping to see a slight rework of this, similar to how the soft goods were handled on the Luke 6" Target exclusive with diorama base. Would have been nice to see some cloth goods with the plastic skirt on the bottom half.

At least, Luke might come with a darker grey cloak this time.
Hasbro is looking to do as many repacks this time around as making new or even slightly reworked figures I'm afraid. Not that some of the BS figures won't look cool and be repurchases for me on the vintage cards. But that shouldn't be half the offerings, and at this point I think its more than half, which is sad. The vintage collection should be something to celebrate and revitalize this area of collecting that's been neglected for too long. But they are not starting with a bang. I get the feeling its just "lets see what we've already made that we can make them buy again." Most collectors of 3.75" have bought their share of the recent releases. We don't need more Jen's & Cassians clogging pegs.

Reaction score
Im not buying one single repacked figure that I already own. I’m more than willing to spend money. I immediately backed the sail barge. I refuse to buy the same stuff over and over.

Reaction score
Im not buying one single repacked figure that I already own. I’m more than willing to spend money. I immediately backed the sail barge. I refuse to buy the same stuff over and over.
Right there with you. Although repacks do come in handy for customizing.

And MOC collectors have more incentive to buy repacks. But being an opener myself, there's no appeal.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I have this Luke, but I think the parts would be great for customs and my kids grabbed this up and have him, so I probably need another for myself anyway.

However, I agree that I'm not just going to swallow a bunch of repacks to make the line successful unless they're good repacks like the Scarif Trooper.

Reaction score
No thanks. Like Mark Hamil said ,this isn't the Luke Skywalker from the original Trilogy. It's some new character they invented with the same name for this terrible next generation SW movie.

Reaction score
It hasn't been easy to find out what's going on in the toy line lately. Is there anywhere to go without hearing these lame sob stories about the newer movies upsetting grown adult men? I just want to know what's going on with the figures. The front page rarely says anything. Is yakface the best bet?

Reaction score
Haha Yakface is a great site - as for news about this figure, there hasn't been much. It is a repack of the TBS figure that was a WM exclusive. It is not the figure pictured in the thread, thats the 6 inch version.

Reaction score
They've released images of cardbacks for some figures, but nothing for Luke yet:

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2018/03/08/vintage-collection-wave-1-glam-shots/
Those are wave 1. Luke may be wave 2 or 3. I'm just guessing but I'd say wv2 eta is Aug to coincide w/ the Hoover tank since the driver/commander fig is in wave 2.

Update, i just checked yakface's ongoing list and luke is in wv3, so likely be awhile b4 pics revealed and could be a fall, ie nov., eta. Again, I'm just guessing on eta.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder what photo they will use for the card?....

And I would prefer this comes on a TFA rather than a TLJ.
I think that if they just copied this custom card it'd be pretty much perfect (I even wish they'd use the one-sheet accurate logos like this custom did as well.)

Reaction score
Easy repack for them, I know, however I’m looking forward to it! Luke Jedi Master was the only black series 3.75 I was able to track down, and you can’t ever have enough Luke!

Reaction score
If it's not a pain in the *** to find this, I'd pick up and hang it on the wall. Get the nostalgia/new mix. I despised the movies but I can't deny I love old man Luke.

Too bad they used The Last Jedi text instead of TFA. I hated them both, but I hated TFA less.

Anyway, I'll probably never see it so moot point anyway. At least I have the 6 inch version.

Reaction score
Fixed for you...
Meh, it looks alright. I am glad they are going with actual titles like that again, vs. Episode this or that.

I like the card, but i don't want to purchase another Luke for the card alone. I have this fig from the awful boxed BS

Reaction score
The Last Jedi logo looks so amateurish and out of place.
Looks to me like the letters are just spread out too much. I'm not privy about the red lines inside the SW logo either. Maybe if it read "THE LAST" (small letters), then "JEDI" (big letters) to kind of mimic the ROTJ cardback logo, it would look OK. IDK, I could tinker with that on my computer at my spare time.

Reaction score
Wish the Jedi Temple Guard was much easier to procure a few years ago, as these Luke's would've made a good base for mass armies of guardsmen with just a head and hand swop.

Reaction score
Is it just me who thinks it's funny that the image has Luke pictured holding the lightsaber, and it's absent from inside the blister? :lol:

Reaction score
Island Journey Rey is holding her staff but it doesn't come with the figure.