Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (ROTJ)

Reaction score
Hey I have a GOA Walmart exclusive Jedi Luke loose if someone wants for cost plus shipping. Throwing it out there

Reaction score
I thought the belt would be the toughest part, as I would have to boil and pop the waist, but it turned out that just giving it a little heat with a hair dryer I was able to slide it down over the v1 figures hips and then up over the v2's with no real problem.
Popping him at the waist definitely would have been more work. But on the plus side, it would allow you to swap out the lower torso/legs with the ones from the original Death Star II Luke, which have tighter hips than the new Jedi Luke.

Reaction score
I was surprised at how easily I was able to find this one at retail, and with several samples to choose from (and further surprised that none of the samples I looked at had any issues with misaligned hair pieces!). I am very impressed with one--this figure now proudly occupies a prominent spot on my shelf.

Reaction score
Popping him at the waist definitely would have been more work. But on the plus side, it would allow you to swap out the lower torso/legs with the ones from the original Death Star II Luke, which have tighter hips than the new Jedi Luke.
Yeah, but the lower torso/legs would not have matched as the original ones are much shinier plastic. Plus, I don't really have an issue with loose hips on either of mine.

Reaction score
I was surprised at how easily I was able to find this one at retail, and with several samples to choose from (and further surprised that none of the samples I looked at had any issues with misaligned hair pieces!). I am very impressed with one--this figure now proudly occupies a prominent spot on my shelf.
Yeah, it seemed like it took a little while longer than most for him to show up here but, now that he has, he is everywhere! And in great abundance. I haven't really seen any with misaligned hair pieces either, though I did see some where he was kind of looking off to one side or the other.

Reaction score
Yeah, but the lower torso/legs would not have matched as the original ones are much shinier plastic. Plus, I don't really have an issue with loose hips on either of mine.
You lucked out. So yeah, I guess you’d have no reason to swap at the torso if the hips on yours are tight. I know of several people whose Walmart Luke had loose hips. Not the hips themselves, but rather the bar the legs pop onto. Both of my Walmart Lukes are super loose.

I have a Death Star II Luke coming to me I just purchased on eBay. I already have my Walmart Luke separated at the ab crunch. Worst case scenario, I’ll deal with pants that are shinier than the shirt over having super floppy hips.

Being fairly new to collecting Black series, I haven’t attempted to swap legs before. Can they be popped off and back on with heat? If so, I could keep the Walmart Luke legs and the only part that would be swapped out would be the lower torso. One way or the other, I’ll figure something out. These floppy hips are killing me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I bought two. The one I converted to a DS2 Luke really didn't have any problem with the hips. The other, that I kept as is does have a little "wiggle" to the hips. They aren't really "floppy", I mean he doesn't have any trouble standing or anything and they hold position, but if you pick him up by the torso and shake him the hips do "wiggle" a little bit.

Reaction score
Still can't find these yet. None of wal-marts in area have the aisle displays at all.

Reaction score
Me neither. I don't think stores have a millimeter of room, mostly because of the giant cardboard altars built to FROZEN .

I swear, exclusives are the worst, Wal-Mart exclusives are even worse than the worst....and Wal-Mart exclusives during holiday season are the worst of the worse of the worst.

Reaction score
Yeah every walmart I've been to has the giant Frozen display. Nobody was allowed to miss that I guess. Its always none or way too many it seems. I hit one Walmart back in early October while traveling that had close to 20 TVC Landos. Yet ones near me have had 0 or barely a couple. Now the aisles are slammed with displays or pallets for Black Friday. I'll find it one way or another though. Slightly frustrating cause it seems its always with TVC Yavin Luke which is another big want.

Reaction score
The Frozen display is fully stocked with Frozen crap and it hasnt moved at all. Yet not a single SW toy in the aisle. We got a black cardboard SW display with Tshirts, Blankets, Boba Fett cereal and Funko Pops. No figures.

Reaction score
The Frozen display is fully stocked with Frozen crap and it hasnt moved at all. Yet not a single SW toy in the aisle. We got a black cardboard SW display with Tshirts, Blankets, Boba Fett cereal and Funko Pops. No figures.
I here you. Stay the course. Frozen II comes out this weekend and then Black Friday the next weekend. I'll bet all that Frozen stuff gets wiped out with parents buying stuff for holiday gifts. That will pave the way for Star Wars stuff. I hope. 🤔

Reaction score
Finally opened this last night. He looks absolutely great out of the package.

Hips on mine are a little loose, like looser than other TBS figures but not 'old gi joe' loose.

Reaction score
Opened mine finally too. I can confirm slightly wobbly hips. Stands fine, holds all poses, but as has been said upthread, if you hold him by the torso and shake, there's definite 'wiggle'.

Reaction score
Well I spoke too soon yesterday. I decided to make a trip out to the smallest Walmart in town and give it a shot. Sure enough, a huge display in the electronic section filled with Luke, Yoda, and TVC Yavin Luke. Walmart's display makes every effort to destroy TVC cardbacks though... or employees had no idea how to assemble the thing. Thankfully they had enough still to find 1 good one out of about 12 or so. I know these cheaper quality cardbacks are coming out of the boxes warped, so they don't need any help Wal-mart! Had to pass on Yoda for now, but the Luke's are mine.

Reaction score
My local store has the display but it's been placed high up in the racks in the back, so probably won't be seeing it anytime soon knowing their trends with things that go up there. Gotta wait just a while longer.

Reaction score
It's up now. I'm tired of trying to find it in store so I ordered one.
I did too, I got a gift card for my birthday so I got a vavin luke to open as well. I passed on the Yoda, he looks like a christmas ornament.

Reaction score
Just got my order in.....I'm in Japan though, so my brother will hopefully pick it up at the store in person. I'll be home for Christmas, after all. Looking forward to this figure. It really reminds me of the old Kenner figure.....major nostalgia.

Reaction score
Finally, FINALLY got one of these in another town. My stores still don't have him. I did see several with wrongly-glued hair. Here is an extreme example, on the right of this photo!

IMG_5978.JPG

Reaction score
Got Him! But freking Walmart never sent me the In-Stock email. Now its a gamble. I hope i get a good one and not a googly eyed Steve Buscemi Crazy Eyes drop out!

Reaction score
Yeah, that's pretty bad. I haven't seen any with mis-aligned hair, but I did see a Skywalker Strikes set where the hair was pretty messed up. Wish I had taken a picture, but his hair piece was glued on so that his hair line was way back, like instead of a forehead, he had a fivehead

Coz

Reaction score
Ordered mine last night from Walmart and it arrived today...in the infamous unpadded plastic bag. The box was not too bad. Slight bend on the top flap. Probably not from shipping but from being pulled out of the case. Figure looks good. Straight hair and no googly eyes.

Reaction score
As far as the durpy eyes go, the one I ordered on-line, his left eye looked just a little off center. Like not QUITE bad enough to drive me nuts, but almost bad enough. Yet oddly enough after I took him out of the package, its barely noticeable.

Reaction score
I ordered my figure from Walmart.com at 9:15 PM when it went up but it still has not shipped. More awesome crap from Walmart. Time to give them a call

Reaction score
I got tired of trying to find him, so I ordered it online with free in store pick up. Fingers crossed that there are no mishaps with paint or the hair.🤞

Reaction score
You might be able to get it off with some rubbing alcohol if it's just a paint rub. If not, you may need to go stronger with some nail polish remover