Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (ROTJ)

Reaction score
I've noticed most if not all the examples I've seen, including mine which arrived today, it looks a little like his left eye is looking off.

Reaction score
I was thrilled to find this guy at my local Wal-Mart yesterday. I do wish he had swappable hands and a bone for propping the Rancor's mouth open but, overall, he's pretty nice. Definitely one of my favorite Luke costumes ever. I'm a bit younger than some so my memories of Jedi Luke are from the Power of the Force II line. Remember the craziness over brown tunics versus black tunics?

This guy has been a long time coming. teased initially with the inclusion of the lightsaber with R2-D2 in series one, than the Death Star II version, and now, finally this guy! Now I want Luke in his Bespin fatigues to get a re-do. He needs alternate heads and a missing hand for sure.
I remember when they finally fixed his high heels.

Reaction score
Nice to see this Luke is coming out soon. Maybe they'll release an alternative version with a gloved or wounded hand down the road, but I'd also love to see another release of Bespin Luke. Mine has a crack in his hand.

Reaction score
I remember when they finally fixed his high heels.
Oh, man. Those were awkward, weren't they?

I was at another Wal-Mart and they had a different Star Wars bunker in electronics that just had some plushies, Funko POP vinyls, and some t-shirt sets or something. Then another Wal-Mart had both the bunker with Luke and Yoda, the gold figures, and the VTC figures and the plushies/ PoP bunker. They were in different places (one was tucked in back by CDs and vinyl) so really take a look around your store. There seems to be some variety as to where these are ending up.

Reaction score
Have yet to find this guy in the wild yet. I really want him as well as the exclusive Galaxy of Heroes version too.

Reaction score
Brickseek is showing Out of Stock for the Walmarts that are a 20 mile radius from me. Not really surprised.

Reaction score
Finally!

20191113_162357.jpg

Found him in the same old shipper from FF, along with Yoda and the TVC Yavin Luke. They had a butt ton of all of them, just crammed in there.

Reaction score
Got him out of the box and man, I am blown away! For those questioning the likeness...have you actually seen one in person? I respect everyone's opinion but, man, I'm just not sure how much better they could have done! Especially at this price point. I think this likeness blows SHF out of the water. Also, I have read a lot of folks complaining that his hair is too long. I don't see that either. To each his own but, for my money, this is the best Luke we have gotten from Hasbro...or any other company short of Hot Toys. I love what they have done with the base figure too...dulling down the shiny plastic and managing to (mostly) hide the old style neck joint with the new head sculpt. I bought two, one to keep as is and one to swap heads with the original figure, but I may wind up just customizing the second one into a DSII look Luke instead (cutting off the vest and porting over the gloved hand and belt). Anyway, I am tickled pink with this figure:

20191113_183307_resized.jpg

20191113_183409_resized.jpg

20191113_183420_resized.jpg

20191113_183433.jpg

20191113_183455.jpg

20191113_183552.jpg

Reaction score
I got one tonight thanks to a fellow Scummer who posted a sighting. Cool figure. Haven’t messed with him enough for full opinion yet.

Reaction score
Got him out of the box and man, I am blown away! For those questioning the likeness...have you actually seen one in person? I respect everyone's opinion but, man, I'm just not sure how much better they could have done! Especially at this price point. I think this likeness blows SHF out of the water. Also, I have read a lot of folks complaining that his hair is too long. I don't see that either. To each his own but, for my money, this is the best Luke we have gotten from Hasbro...or any other company short of Hot Toys. I love what they have done with the base figure too...dulling down the shiny plastic and managing to (mostly) hide the old style neck joint with the new head sculpt. I bought two, one to keep as is and one to swap heads with the original figure, but I may wind up just customizing the second one into a DSII look Luke instead (cutting off the vest and porting over the gloved hand and belt). Anyway, I am tickled pink with this figure:

View attachment 339520

View attachment 339521

View attachment 339522

View attachment 339523

View attachment 339524

View attachment 339525
Thanks for posting these pictures. He looks stellar and I can't wait to find him.

Reaction score
No, nope. The likeness is still off sorry, I have him in person and the Yavin Luke is a much better face. Also, no. The SHF Luke faces are all way better as well. It’s a vast improvement but again, the Yavin Luke is the one that looks amazing in hand.

Reaction score
Let’s check off the inaccuracies:

chin too pointy and long
Face is long and narrow
Eyes too wide
Hair too long on sides and back
Makeup

Reaction score
There's sort of a young Bowie likeness to him :) although I think they got one of the best likenesses so far to Hamill with this and the Skywalkwer figure.

Reaction score
Finally found him tonight. Had to sort through a pile to find a few good ones. Saw more than a few with bad paint apps and Marty Feldman eyes. Not a fan of the makeup on the face. Still a thousand times better than the first one.

Reaction score
Let’s check off the inaccuracies:

chin too pointy and long
Face is long and narrow
Eyes too wide
Hair too long on sides and back
Makeup
Yeah, I would have to agree having looked at a photo I found online and the one posted by Billy_Ray. It's a nice figure, but just somewhat off in it's depiction of Mark Hamill as Jedi Luke.

Reaction score
question is? What to do with the old version of this sculpt? I have it mint and sealed. Not sure if it will be worth anything in the next 20 years

Reaction score
question is? What to do with the old version of this sculpt? I have it mint and sealed. Not sure if it will be worth anything in the next 20 years
I'm sure there are people that would want to do a head swap on that one.

Reaction score
I found one today... I gotta agree with Billy Ray, these can look much better in person. I say 'can' because some look better than others, just find the one that looks 'Lukiest' to you!

I was a big skeptic of this one judging from the pics but I'm super satisfied with what I just picked up.

Reaction score
Yeah, I would have to agree having looked at a photo I found online and the one posted by Billy_Ray. It's a nice figure, but just somewhat off in it's depiction of Mark Hamill as Jedi Luke.
I dunno, sometimes it’s all about that one good angle - because otherwise at other angles, this one looks just like yours D71DACEA-2682-4E15-A135-F4268C520015.jpeg

Reaction score
I haven't seen it mentioned yet but this figure does come with a stand. I was getting ready to toss the box before I noticed it. Just a heads up if it hasn't been mentioned yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
But you know.... looking at that one photo... are thee likenesses not a little idealized possibly? I mean if the figure looked JUST like that photo up above... his head might look like a bug-eyed potato. Hard likeness to nail I'd think. I mean... You have pre-car crash Hamill, who still has that fresh off the technicolor tour bus partridge family heartthrob look... then unfortunately for him, he comes off a little spudsy in the next 2 films. Ford and Fisher have their iconic likenesses, but Hamill took a beating and I think it makes it tough to make those design/sculpt decisions for the final product.

Reaction score
But you know.... looking at that one photo... are thee likenesses not a little idealized possibly? I mean if the figure looked JUST like that photo up above... his head might look like a bug-eyed potato. Hard likeness to nail I'd think. I mean... You have pre-car crash Hamill, who still has that fresh off the technicolor tour bus partridge family heartthrob look... then unfortunately for him, he comes off a little spudsy in the next 2 films. Ford and Fisher have their iconic likenesses, but Hamill took a beating and I think it makes it tough to make those design/sculpt decisions for the final product.
[/QUOTE
HAHA, well it’s hard to nail likenesses with $20 dollar action figures. If u want better human likenesses SHF is far superior. If you’re willing to shell out that kind of money that is. If you want the cheaper option, and I know SOME people do, then stick with Black Series.

Reaction score
Found these for the first time in the Atlanta area today. Specifically the Woodstock store on 92. If you're in the general area, there's hope!

Reaction score
Just tried to boil-and-pop the new Luke's head. Caution to anyone trying the same: I nearly ripped out the neck post before giving up. I don't think a simple head swap with v1 is in the cards...

Reaction score
Just tried to boil-and-pop the new Luke's head. Caution to anyone trying the same: I nearly ripped out the neck post before giving up. I don't think a simple head swap with v1 is in the cards...
Personally, I think for swapping heads, a hair dryer works better than the boil and pop method.

Reaction score
I've found that some parts refuse to be boiled and popped. Way back when the first BS Vader came out, I tried to pop his right hand off for screen accuracy. It did NOT come out. Had to give up or I'd have ripped the damn arm off.

If (when?) these become more plentiful, surely it'll be easier buy a second one and cut the vest off and put the old belt on the new figure.

Then it's just a matter of either painting the hand or replacing it.

Reaction score
Walmart in Cadillac, MI must have stocked just today, because I found 3 pegs full of 1/2 yoda 1/2 luke. + yavin ceremony + the prequel gold 2-packs. The gold Jango almost looks worth the buy... but the others are just way too gaudy for my tastes. Love the art on the back though.

a.JPG

Reaction score
Also if you take some of the red off (i used a little fingernail polish remover on a napkin) it helps the sculpt speak for itself much better. I’ve still got a little more of the “blush” to take off, but already it’s looking way more like Hamill from all angles in all lighting. More pics to come.
A89B4E43-3F06-4B70-9019-35A018E077F8.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I saw Magnuz do it over on the Fwoosh forums with simple boil and pop. However, you might trying boiling the torso and removing the tunic? The shirt underneath is the exact as v1. Here’s a pic. Not bad - 1F2853B3-781E-4D0E-B84E-16A1C339133A.jpeg

Reaction score
So has anyone anywhere actually removed the vest yet?
I did today. I tried heating it up and sliding it over his head and shoulders first, but wound up tearing it a little, so I just cut it off. It's exactly the same as the v1 Jedi Luke underneath, minus the belt. The chest piece isn't even glued in, just pegged like the v1. I swapped over the "flap down" piece from the v1 and it looked perfect! I feared it might be too shiny, but it matches perfectly. Then I decided to just go the whole way and swapped over the belt and gloved hand.

I thought the belt would be the toughest part, as I would have to boil and pop the waist, but it turned out that just giving it a little heat with a hair dryer I was able to slide it down over the v1 figures hips and then up over the v2's with no real problem.

The hardest part, it turned out, was swapping the gloved hand. Still, not that hard, but the gloved hand from the V1 has a larger ball on the end of the peg and it took a bit more work to get it off. Again, a little heat to the arm with a hair dryer helped.

Anyway, I think it turned out great:

20191116_113809.jpg

20191116_113936.jpg

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but I had a really hard time finding a Luke that had both the hair glued on correctly AND a decent cloak. Quite a few of them at my local store had problems with stitching at the neck. One of them even looked like it would rip very easily if removed from the figure.

Reaction score
I was about to give up at the store when they brought the whole display out. I was able to get Luke and ghosty Yoda, both of which look amazing.