Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (ROTJ)

Reaction score
The question is will his lightsaber handle be made of recycled Twizzlers like the original? Between that and just not being painted well, I modified an R2 lightsaber hilt to fit the blade in there. Looks much better.

Reaction score
SHF custom looks great!

By the way....I remember back in the POTF2 days, arguing on AOL message boards (yes I'm that old) about the color of the cloak. Some were convinced it was black or even blue, some said brown cause the original toy had a brown cloak.

It was never as heated an argument as the Hoth Han blue vs brown though. But the lighting in Jabba's palace certainly made it ambiguous. When I made a custom cloak for my 12 inch Luke years ago, I made it black cause I didn't think brown looked right.

Well, just in case there's any doubt in anyone's minds all these years later, here's definitive proof. A picture of the actual costume from the Magic of Myth display, photographed in the official book of the exhibit.

It's BROWN. 100% brown.

Once again, I can't seem to figure out how to post damn images, so please click the link. Thank you.

https://i.imgur.com/6gjZWcO.jpg?1
I'm quite sure if you right click on the image to get the image URL, you can post it with the "insert image" from the menu above

Reaction score
Someone on Facebook posted a photo of a case of these he found at his Walmart. He didn't open it up, but apparently they're supposed to be available in store today? Has anyone found one?

Reaction score
SHF custom looks great!

By the way....I remember back in the POTF2 days, arguing on AOL message boards (yes I'm that old) about the color of the cloak. Some were convinced it was black or even blue, some said brown cause the original toy had a brown cloak.

It was never as heated an argument as the Hoth Han blue vs brown though. But the lighting in Jabba's palace certainly made it ambiguous. When I made a custom cloak for my 12 inch Luke years ago, I made it black cause I didn't think brown looked right.

Well, just in case there's any doubt in anyone's minds all these years later, here's definitive proof. A picture of the actual costume from the Magic of Myth display, photographed in the official book of the exhibit.

It's BROWN. 100% brown.

Once again, I can't seem to figure out how to post damn images, so please click the link. Thank you.

https://i.imgur.com/6gjZWcO.jpg?1

Thanks!
Oh good job on your investigation about Luke's cloak!:)

Reaction score
Another pile of money left on the table....where the hell are you supoosed to get him or yavin luke? Hasbro is not telling....

Reaction score
Another pile of money left on the table....where the hell are you supoosed to get him or yavin luke? Hasbro is not telling....
Yavin Luke isn’t due out until the next wave, slated for 12/1 but likely hitting stores a little earlier.

Jedi Knight Luke will be an exclusive as it’s not a numbered figure, but no telling where at yet.

Reaction score
I picked up Luke at Walmart today here in Toronto. They had 7 of them on the shelf when I got mine. A couple hours later as I was leaving the mall I checked the Walmart toy aisle again and they were all gone. I don’t know about in the US but here they are charging $5 more for him than regular Black Series figures (so $35 instead of $30).

Hes a really good looking figure. I’m happy to add him to my Jabba display.

The hood was down in the package, but all the promo shots show him with the hood up. I’m not sure if there is a variant or the promo is just incorrect.

Reaction score
Hasbro announced today Luke is indeed a W*M exclusive. They showed 3 “new” Luke figures today across their multiple line platforms. BS6” Luke Jedi, TVC Yavin Luke(also WM exclusive), and the GOA 5” Luke Jedi.

Reaction score
Hasbro announced today Luke is indeed a W*M exclusive. They showed 3 “new” Luke figures today across their multiple line platforms. BS6” Luke Jedi, TVC Yavin Luke(also WM exclusive), and the GOA 5” Luke Jedi.
I am really getting sick and tired of main character figures that should be main line releases becoming exclusive! F&*# Walmart! I'm probably NEVER going to see this figure there. Walmart should just be disqualified from ever getting any more exclusives, and everything that is supposed to go to them should just be fan channel. Hell, over half the Walmart stuff winds up there anyway!

Reaction score
Yeah, I will get this figure one way or another but I'm not too thrilled about this being a Walmart exclusive either.

Reaction score
I just saw a new (to me) promo shot of this figure out of box, and I’m now officially in the boat of “the hair is too long.” I don’t normally get hung up on minor details on these figures, but in this case I feel that the hair really makes the portrait look out of place; it’s too long for Hamill’s RotJ likeness.

Reaction score
If it’s the shot from the panel this afternoon, the in hand samples that started showing up en mass on Friday/Saturday look nothing like these shots. The figure that has made its way to shelves looks much better.

Reaction score
I am really getting sick and tired of main character figures that should be main line releases becoming exclusive! F&*# Walmart! I'm probably NEVER going to see this figure there. Walmart should just be disqualified from ever getting any more exclusives, and everything that is supposed to go to them should just be fan channel. Hell, over half the Walmart stuff winds up there anyway!
I agree. It's rather annoying to have to track down or hope you can actually find these figures. I wish they wouldn't do that.
I

Reaction score
I picked up Luke at Walmart today here in Toronto. They had 7 of them on the shelf when I got mine. A couple hours later as I was leaving the mall I checked the Walmart toy aisle again and they were all gone. I don’t know about in the US but here they are charging $5 more for him than regular Black Series figures (so $35 instead of $30).

Hes a really good looking figure. I’m happy to add him to my Jabba display.

The hood was down in the package, but all the promo shots show him with the hood up. I’m not sure if there is a variant or the promo is just incorrect.
Is his lightsaber hilt super bendy like the original BS Jedi Luke's is?

Reaction score
I am not quite understanding why they are making this Luke an exclusive? Yavin Luke sure. Anyway. Hopefully Wal-Mart will come through. They are hit or miss for me.

Reaction score
I do understand the frustration but he'll be in stock at Star Action Figures in the UK next week. Instead of spending money on gas looking for him I would just pre-order there and you're set. I did.

Reaction score
I do understand the frustration but he'll be in stock at Star Action Figures in the UK next week. Instead of spending money on gas looking for him I would just pre-order there and you're set. I did.

Actually he'll be in stock this week.

Reaction score
Yeah and the fact that Force Ghost Yoda is also exclusive to Walmart SUCKS... why a figure that many will want making where few or none will get it. Fan channel was the way to go with him.

Reaction score
I wish there were still reps going from store to store looking at the wastelands that used to be Toy aisles. Since TRU closed they figure why bother? We're the only game in town.

Reaction score
I wish there were still reps going from store to store looking at the wastelands that used to be Toy aisles. Since TRU closed they figure why bother? We're the only game in town.
I read all these articles online saying how Target and Walmart have "Really stepped up their toy departments" after the loss of Toys R Us. What a joke! They have done absolutely nothing in my area to increase inventory or product lines. Hasbro especially needs those reps back in stores so they can understand how dreadful the selection and distribution is in stores. They claim if we don't buy it, the 3.75" line will go away. But we need to be able to FIND this stuff in stores before we can buy it!

Reaction score
I read all these articles online saying how Target and Walmart have "Really stepped up their toy departments" after the loss of Toys R Us. What a joke! They have done absolutely nothing in my area to increase inventory or product lines. Hasbro especially needs those reps back in stores so they can understand how dreadful the selection and distribution is in stores. They claim if we don't buy it, the 3.75" line will go away. But we need to be able to FIND this stuff in stores before we can buy it!
Generally that is true with respect to Star Wars. I see no change in how Walmart or Target does it's toy dept. since TRU went away.

To be fair Target has done some improvement in other toylines. They stepped up their section geared toward adult collectors in the movie section with more Neca, McFarlane, Funko stuff. It used to be just an endcap, and now it's an entire section. They also have a new area that I can't seem to figure out what it's there for, but you see some generic military toys, larger R/C stuff, etc. It's that new section with multi-sided display gondolas you can walk around and is stocked with toys.

I will say that Target and Walmart started stocking certain Lego themes that were once exclusive to TRU. They also started stocking Playmobil toys after TRU went away. Of course that doesn't really help Star Wars.

Reaction score
Hasbro reps? They do still visit stores. I ran into our local rep this morning at WM who was helping them set up their Frozen inventory (and facilitating my acquisition of First Editions of Rey & The Mandalorian :sneaky:).

Reaction score
I had no idea... Back in the day they used to be there often (i used to run into the guy in the vest at K Mart when it was still open) in the 95 to 97 years. They would straighten the toys and help them order stuff, and actually dust off the product. Given the current state of the toy aisles they must have 1 rep per territory. Or they simply do not follow up on their ordering...