Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (ROTJ)

Reaction score
I’m hoping there’s a gloved hand hiding in there somewhere but have they ever packed things like that where you can’t see them?
0-0-0's regular hands were 'hidden' behind the right hand corner, front of the box.

So it is *possible* that there could be more hands in Luke's box?

Reaction score
0-0-0's regular hands were 'hidden' behind the right hand corner, front of the box.

So it is *possible* that there could be more hands in Luke's box?
According to the box is says "includes figure, 2 accessories and stand". So it seems unlikely.

Reaction score
I couldn't figure out what the hell was going on with his right hand. How in the world is he supposed to hold his blaster with his hand sculpted like that? I looked closer and realized it's a watermark from the guy's instagram.

Here it is full size, in case you didn't see it:

https://i.imgur.com/luWu28d.jpg

Reaction score
Jedi Luke was my favorite Star Wars figure when I was a kid so I've got a lot of love for this version of Luke. So far, I don't feel any figure from POTF2 on up has done this version of Luke justice. I'm hoping this is the one to finally get it right. The body sculpt of the figure looks fine from what we can see. The head sculpt is hard to make out entirely from the photo. The likeness of the face is what will make or break this figure for me.

Reaction score
Great looking figure, if they used the same digital face sculpt from TVC, this one should be the best, regardless of the accessories, this one is a must have for any SW fan/collector.

Reaction score
Jedi Luke was my favorite Star Wars figure when I was a kid so I've got a lot of love for this version of Luke. So far, I don't feel any figure from POTF2 on up has done this version of Luke justice. I'm hoping this is the one to finally get it right. The body sculpt of the figure looks fine from what we can see. The head sculpt is hard to make out entirely from the photo. The likeness of the face is what will make or break this figure for me.

I too am looking forward to this figure. reports are coming in that it's a deluxe figure that will have 2 different right hand attachments and a removable tunic as well. Of course these are just rumors so I refuse to believe them until I see the actual product in hand. I'd love to have a few extra accessories like blaster damaged hand, gloved hand, Endor Gear.

Reaction score
I really need to find this. Hopefully it gets brought into Canada somehow. Walmart sucks for exclusives, but sometimes Toys R Us or EB Games picks up the slack and offers their exclusives.

Reaction score
Looks amazing, especially compared to the first Jedi Luke! Put me down for two, so I can finally polish that turd!

Reaction score
Same with me. LOVED POTF Jedi Luke. And if his vest doesn’t happen to be removeable, I’d probably be ok with it. This version has more nostalgia for me. (But of course the more options, the better)

I’d be over the moon if he had another hand in there. Debating if I should sell off my original BS Jedi Luke.

Reaction score
Even though I have both the original Black Series Jedi Luke and the amazing SHF Jedi Luke this new figure is my most-wanted Black Series figure right now! He looks awesome and I love anything ROTJ-related B)

Reaction score
Loose promo shot on yakface. I'm really liking this figure. Its hard to tell in the one promo shot due to the cloak being on, but to my eye it looks like the vest is a separate rubbery piece, so with any luck it can be removed (and replaced) without heavy surgery.
Says its a Walmart exclusive.

Reaction score
Is this supposed to be released tomorrow as part of Triple Force Friday?

Secondly, does anyone know if this is getting a Canadian Release?

Reaction score
Ugh! Someone needs to clue Hasbro in on Mark Hamill's appearance both pre-car accident and post=car accident. Mark really did look like a different person afterward with the nose reconstruction - much the same way Jennifer Grey looked so different after her nose job. I think mark may have had some chin or cheekbone reconstruction as well. ANYWAYS...to my point - The accident happened after principle photography for "A New Hope" (just known as Star Wars back then) had completed, but before the movie premiered in the summer of '77. I feel like they gave this figure the likeness of Mark's "original face" (LOL!) even though ROTJ is 6 years past the car accident. On the other end of the spectrum, the Skywalker Strikes/Yavin Ceremony Luke figure looks like it has the post car accident face. It's very frustrating. Maybe I'll just swap heads. Are you reading this, Hasbro? LOL

Reaction score
Ugh! Someone needs to clue Hasbro in on Mark Hamill's appearance both pre-car accident and post=car accident. Mark really did look like a different person afterward with the nose reconstruction - much the same way Jennifer Grey looked so different after her nose job. I think mark may have had some chin or cheekbone reconstruction as well. ANYWAYS...to my point - The accident happened after principle photography for "A New Hope" (just known as Star Wars back then) had completed, but before the movie premiered in the summer of '77. I feel like they gave this figure the likeness of Mark's "original face" (LOL!) even though ROTJ is 6 years past the car accident. On the other end of the spectrum, the Skywalker Strikes/Yavin Ceremony Luke figure looks like it has the post car accident face. It's very frustrating. Maybe I'll just swap heads. Are you reading this, Hasbro? LOL
I feel the only decent Hasbro Black Series face that kind of resembles Hamill is the recent Death Star Escape Luke from Target. If you want a great ANH Luke I highly suggest the Figuarts Luke, worth every penny.

Reaction score
I like this figure a lot and my favorite version of Luke in all the OT. So I’m excited. I do agree that Lukes face is still off a bit. Definitely better than before the new scan tech, but you’d think they could get it even closer now. Those pics of ceremony Luke are just plain hideous

Reaction score
Gonna be my first Black Series purchase since the Royal Guard and Old Man Jedi Luke.

This just hits it on all cylinders for me...the nostalgia of getting the figure back in 1983 before the movie came out and just speculating. Mine had a blue saber of course.

I'm perfectly fine with the vest not coming off. We already had a final duel version and even a SHF version for people that prefer that. This is the Jabba's palace version I always wanted with the exact accessories as the original toy. That blaster and robe...man....this would look amazing on a vintage card. Hope it happens someday!!

(Also hope I can get the damn thing in Japan somehow without paying an arm and a leg for it. You guys think SHF stuff is expensive...it works both ways for us!)

Reaction score
The in-hand photos of Yavin Luke look great. I’m holding out hope the same for Jedi Luke. Hate that it’s a W*M exclusive, but I’ve got one 2 minutes from the house so I’ll spam BS until I see it in stock.

Reaction score
Gonna be my first Black Series purchase since the Royal Guard and Old Man Jedi Luke.

This just hits it on all cylinders for me...the nostalgia of getting the figure back in 1983 before the movie came out and just speculating. Mine had a blue saber of course.

I'm perfectly fine with the vest not coming off. We already had a final duel version and even a SHF version for people that prefer that. This is the Jabba's palace version I always wanted with the exact accessories as the original toy. That blaster and robe...man....this would look amazing on a vintage card. Hope it happens someday!!

(Also hope I can get the damn thing in Japan somehow without paying an arm and a leg for it. You guys think SHF stuff is expensive...it works both ways for us!)

Very well-said. The nostalgia factor for this figure is a 10/10. Combine that with the scale and modern sculpting, and this is one of the elite figures in this style.

Reaction score
I'll take back some of the things I've said about Hasbro in the past if there's a random number of these that come out with a blue saber. :D

There is something a tiche off in the face, but I'll still take it. Besides which, I've noticed that for whatever reason with the real printing face tech, the promo shots never look as good as the figure does in in-hand shots.

Reaction score

Exactly! It was my first figure of them all, as a European we didn't get to enjoy this right from the get go. Can't wait and a card would be terrific!

Reaction score
Well I just pre-ordered one. Can't be worse than the first one...........

Reaction score
Sadly, this one re-uses the entire body from the first release. Only headsculpt and waistcoat are new. What a disappointment.
I wonder if the waistcoat will fit on the SHF Luke.

Reaction score
Still works for me using the old body, considering they made the tunic thin enough that it doesn't make him too bulky. I always wondered why they never made a two-in-one with the Jabba's version and remove the tunic and he's the Death Star version. Look all the way back to the very first wave of POTF2 Obi Wan and he had a very thin, almost vinyl tunic/robe that was removable and gave him two looks. Never any reason for them to not do that for Luke.

Oh wait....there is. The number one reason. Simple greed. Why do a two-in-one when they know every damn one of us is gonna buy both figures?

At this scale, they could have done it all. Three right hands (normal, blasted, gloved).....removable tunic....belt for Death Star II look...keep the "flap up/flap down" chest piece......hooded cloak, blaster, lightsaber, Rancor fighting bone, Endor helmet and Endor poncho. Hell, they could even do optional windswept hairlike SHF did.

And if they wanted to charge $50 for all that....one figure that has every look Luke had in ROTJ....wouldn't you all have paid it? I sure would have!

I'll still get this for sure, however the hell I can find it in Japan. Probably have to import it so it might end up costing me $50 anyway.....but it's frustrating to think how easily they could have made one single ultimate figure isn't it?

Reaction score
Still works for me using the old body, considering they made the tunic thin enough that it doesn't make him too bulky. I always wondered why they never made a two-in-one with the Jabba's version and remove the tunic and he's the Death Star version. Look all the way back to the very first wave of POTF2 Obi Wan and he had a very thin, almost vinyl tunic/robe that was removable and gave him two looks. Never any reason for them to not do that for Luke.

Oh wait....there is. The number one reason. Simple greed. Why do a two-in-one when they know every damn one of us is gonna buy both figures?

At this scale, they could have done it all. Three right hands (normal, blasted, gloved).....removable tunic....belt for Death Star II look...keep the "flap up/flap down" chest piece......hooded cloak, blaster, lightsaber, Rancor fighting bone, Endor helmet and Endor poncho. Hell, they could even do optional windswept hairlike SHF did.

And if they wanted to charge $50 for all that....one figure that has every look Luke had in ROTJ....wouldn't you all have paid it? I sure would have!

I'll still get this for sure, however the hell I can find it in Japan. Probably have to import it so it might end up costing me $50 anyway.....but it's frustrating to think how easily they could have made one single ultimate figure isn't it?
That's why I will stay with my SHF one with custom robes:

Reaction score
SHF custom looks great!

By the way....I remember back in the POTF2 days, arguing on AOL message boards (yes I'm that old) about the color of the cloak. Some were convinced it was black or even blue, some said brown cause the original toy had a brown cloak.

It was never as heated an argument as the Hoth Han blue vs brown though. But the lighting in Jabba's palace certainly made it ambiguous. When I made a custom cloak for my 12 inch Luke years ago, I made it black cause I didn't think brown looked right.

Well, just in case there's any doubt in anyone's minds all these years later, here's definitive proof. A picture of the actual costume from the Magic of Myth display, photographed in the official book of the exhibit.

It's BROWN. 100% brown.

Once again, I can't seem to figure out how to post damn images, so please click the link. Thank you.

https://i.imgur.com/6gjZWcO.jpg?1