Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (ROTJ)

Reaction score
I have a knock off SHF Jedi Luke as well. I stripped his face about a year ago with the intention of repainting it and never got around to it. I had planned to use his belt in particular for exactly this. Nice to know the hand fits too (with some work).
Keep in mind that it just fits in snugly and isn't locked in at all. It's OK for posing, but you can't really "play" around with it as it will just fall out. Maybe if I had used a Dremel instead of an X-acto knife I could have carved out a nice ridge on the peg to actually snap it in. I may do that with the other hand joint from the knock off figure.

Reaction score
Hips on mine are super loose, can't even get him to stand up properly. Any quick fix for this?
Finally fixed mine. I cut off a bit of a staple and using needle nose pliers, I just jammed it in the gap in his crotch where the t-bar is. The hole is too big for the joint which is why that bar is loose. You just have jam something small enough to close the gap. Now his hips are tight cause the t-bar dosen't move anymore.

Reaction score
Finally fixed mine. I cut off a bit of a staple and using needle nose pliers, I just jammed it in the gap in his crotch where the t-bar is. The hole is too big for the joint which is why that bar is loose. You just have jam something small enough to close the gap. Now his hips are tight cause the t-bar dosen't move anymore.
Nice... I was just checking to see if anyone else saw that simple solution.

Glad to know it works!!

Reaction score
I tried to take a picture to show it but because the staple was small enough to fit completely within the width of his crotch, you can't see it.

When I took the picture, it just looks like crotch shot of Luke and if you look carefully, you'll see a small silver speck, which is the staple, so I didn't bother posting it.

Reaction score
This is a way better figure than the blue series version. Glad I waited for this rather than paying secondary market price for the old one!
You and me both! I had missed out on the Blue Box version a couple times over the past year or two since I started hunting one. Looking back I was glad that happened. This new version is much better.

Reaction score
I had the blue box one but ended up selling it. Really regret that cause I want to use the belt and glove hand. I actually just bought a loose one on Ebay and waiting for it to arrive. Price wasn't too bad, but still hurts.

I'm planning on using the left over parts after I make the DS Jedi Luke and with the Walmart one's robe, it'll cover most of him so that will be my Jabba's palace Luke.

Reaction score
This one was my most wanted figure of the most recent ones, due to childhood nostalgia etc., but it is also a disappointing one. Plastic seems cheap and stiff. His arms that can't move in to the body. His wobbly legs/pelvis as everyone else has reported, the cloth cape though the hood sits really well on him but I've rarely been impressed with any cloth capes they make. Tusken raider cloth was good. Basically he feels more like a knock off figure than an official one <- in my opinion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This one was my most wanted figure of the most recent ones, due to childhood nostalgia etc., but it is also a disappointing one. Plastic seems cheap and stiff. His arms that can't move in to the body. His wobbly legs/pelvis as everyone else has reported, the cloth cape though the hood sits really well on him but I've rarely been impressed with any cloth capes they make. Tusken raider cloth was good. Basically he feels more like a knock off figure than an official one <- in my opinion.
Gotta say I agree with you. The loose joints are a problem. I was also bothered by the plastic itself. The sheen on them look mismatched and not consistent. Some parts look shiny while other parts look more matte in appearance. I really hate to admit it, but this figure is kind of a miss when you actually have it in hand. On paper it's a great figure, but Hasbro didn't execute the figure very well. I'm going to have to do some more work on it to bring up to par.

Reaction score
I picked this figure up early in November but never actually took it out of the package to play around with it. By reading this thread it sounds like this figure is a real piece of junk. :cautious:

Reaction score
I picked this figure up early in November but never actually took it out of the package to play around with it. By reading this thread it sounds like this figure is a real piece of junk. :cautious:
"Piece of junk" is also the original description of the Millennium Falcon.

For whatever it's worth, this figure is one of my top five favorites in the BS6" line. Maybe I just got lucky with both of the two I picked up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's disappointing. I thought that this was just the same Luke body from 2015, but with a tunic, an unpainted hand and a new head?

I keep going to pull the trigger on this, but every time I see it online, I just hold fire.

Reaction score
"Piece of junk" is also the original description of the Millennium Falcon.

For whatever it's worth, this figure is one of my top five favorites in the BS6" line. Maybe I just got lucky with both of the two I picked up.
I actually really like this one too. I took it out off the package, put his accessories in his hands, adjustedhim on his stabs and found a perfect position for him with his cloak just the way I want it. I actually want to display him in a different area than the rest because I think he's so great. But I do understand the complaints people have about him too. Maybe because I have the older version too it's easier too see the positives.

Reaction score
That's disappointing. I thought that this was just the same Luke body from 2015, but with a tunic, an unpainted hand and a new head?

I keep going to pull the trigger on this, but every time I see it online, I just hold fire.
I can't really say, as I don't have that one to compare with. But it was said somewhere in this thread that this is a big improvement (perhaps not to the word, but along those lines) and that makes me think the first Jedi Luke must really be a let down then. Obviously the face is a huge improvement.

Reaction score
Well, the first was crap mainly due to the head, which was a sight to behold. The rest of it was relatively grand.

Reaction score
Just a heads up on my hand swap for this figure. I got a $5 Krennic for his black gloved hands. However, Krennic's hands are snapped in there really tight. I tried to soften the area with hot water, but I ended up tearing the hand off leave the peg stuck in his arm. :(

I ended up taking my knock off Figuarts joint and getting everything really soft with hot water and jamming the joint in there. Basically I widened his arm hole to allow the larger peg of the Figuarts joint to fit.

I'll probably end up getting a 2nd Luke figure to leave as a Jabba's palace figure and keep my modified one as DS II Luke.

Reaction score
I can't really say, as I don't have that one to compare with. But it was said somewhere in this thread that this is a big improvement (perhaps not to the word, but along those lines) and that makes me think the first Jedi Luke must really be a let down then. Obviously the face is a huge improvement.
I had both of them for a brief time. I would say they both have issues. The first one has a terrible head sculpt and fingernails sculpted on the gloved hand. The new one has wobbly hips and too much rouge painted onto the cheeks. I was able to make one good figure out of both flawed figures.

Reaction score

The new Luke Jedi Knight from Walmart Exclusive is exactly the same body (torso/arms/legs and crotch area) as the first Luke (will call it Jedi capture) in the black series. The head is different and the hands, with a jedi tunic (plastic and removable with a lot of effort and hot water) and new cloth cape very accurate. But the body is the same, for some reason the piece holding the legs might be different causing the Luke to be very loose on his legs. The black color on his uniform is also a little different, is not as glossy as the first one, however it is the same figure, but again with a new head. I have both of them, and by far is one of the best figures in my eyes, I'm very happy with it, also the Yavin Luke is exceptional with the exception of the movement of his legs.

Reaction score
Just a heads up on my hand swap for this figure. I got a $5 Krennic for his black gloved hands. However, Krennic's hands are snapped in there really tight. I tried to soften the area with hot water, but I ended up tearing the hand off leave the peg stuck in his arm. :(

I ended up taking my knock off Figuarts joint and getting everything really soft with hot water and jamming the joint in there. Basically I widened his arm hole to allow the larger peg of the Figuarts joint to fit.

I'll probably end up getting a 2nd Luke figure to leave as a Jabba's palace figure and keep my modified one as DS II Luke.
I can confirm the Krennic hands thing. I just recently swapped them onto my Thrawn, I had to use pliers to carefully pull them out after heating them up in boiling water. Same deal with Thrawns hands, albeit I actually tore the eyelet that the peg for Thrawn's hand goes in (which is fine as I don't have any real use for blue hands). Oddly Krennics hands went into Thrawn's socket with a minimal of effort and a satisfying 'pop'.

Reaction score
Man, it seems like people are really expecting a hell of a lot out of their $20 action figure.

It has Luke's costume from Jabba's palace. It kinda looks like Mark Hamill in that scene. It comes with a brown cloth cloak, a palace blaster, and a green lightsaber, just like the original figure did in 1983. It even includes a stand!

It's supposed to be a fun TOY, not some kind of museum quality replica.

I can't wait to get mine. It's just good nostalgic fun. Why can't you guys just enjoy it for what it is?

I'm gonna open mine up....remember what it was like to get that original one almost 40 years ago....I'll mess around with him a bit. Then he's gonna go on the shelf with the rest. I honestly couldn't possibly care less that he doesn't have double jointed elbows.

I understand that some of you "enjoy" these figures in different ways than I do, but I just feel bad for those of you that are getting hung up such minor details instead of just enjoying what it is. It's just a throwback to the playthings we grew up with.

Reaction score
Man, it seems like people are really expecting a hell of a lot out of their $20 action figure.

It has Luke's costume from Jabba's palace. It kinda looks like Mark Hamill in that scene. It comes with a brown cloth cloak, a palace blaster, and a green lightsaber, just like the original figure did in 1983. It even includes a stand!

I can't wait to get mine. It's just good nostalgic fun. Why can't you guys just enjoy it for what it is?

I'm gonna open mine up....remember what it was like to get that original one almost 40 years ago....I'll mess around with him a bit. Then he's gonna go on the shelf with the rest. I honestly couldn't possibly care less that he doesn't have double jointed elbows.

I understand that some of you "enjoy" these figures in different ways than I do, but I just feel bad for those of you that are getting hung up such minor details instead of just enjoying what it is. It's just a throwback to the playthings we grew up with.
I can't wait to hear what you think of it, once you get it :)
For me, the complaining is not about the elbows and expecting museum quality replica - I never expected that.
But I did expect it to at least be on par with the rest of the $20 figures, and not feel like a knock off, and those expectations are not met, as I see it.

Reaction score

The 6" Black Series is a collector oriented line, not a line marketed to younger kids to play although they can be used for that. The problem I have is with the quality control. What good is a figure if it can't hold a pose and/or looks bad because they were sloppy during the molding of the plastic. Hasbro has done much better on numerous $20 6" figures to date. No one is expecting museum quality here. I buy more expensive figures all the time and I expect more when I do. My only expectations are base on what Hasbro has already done in the past with the same figures.

Reaction score
The Black Series STARTED as a Collector's Series....I think we can all agree about that. But it didn't take them long at all to cut costs wherever possible....less accessories, sloppy paint, etc.

SHF and Mafex and the Bandai kits are generally better if you want more bang for your buck, but those are hit and miss too. Some BS figures look better than SHF and vice versa.

I think one of the most impressive6 inch figures in my collection is the Bandai model kit C-3PO.....fully vac metallized. Something Hasbro seems to never be willing to do.

As for Jedi Luke, you guys are right: I'll have to wait and see how floppy his legs are when I get mine in hand in a few weeks. If he can't even STAND then that's a huge fail. All I need for the figure to do is stand there on my shelf with his cloak and saber and gun. If the hips are truly so floppy he can't even stand then I'll happily join you guys in complaining!!

Reaction score
The Black Series STARTED as a Collector's Series....I think we can all agree about that. But it didn't take them long at all to cut costs wherever possible....less accessories, sloppy paint, etc.

SHF and Mafex and the Bandai kits are generally better if you want more bang for your buck, but those are hit and miss too. Some BS figures look better than SHF and vice versa.

I think one of the most impressive6 inch figures in my collection is the Bandai model kit C-3PO.....fully vac metallized. Something Hasbro seems to never be willing to do.

As for Jedi Luke, you guys are right: I'll have to wait and see how floppy his legs are when I get mine in hand in a few weeks. If he can't even STAND then that's a huge fail. All I need for the figure to do is stand there on my shelf with his cloak and saber and gun. If the hips are truly so floppy he can't even stand then I'll happily join you guys in complaining!!
He does have a lean to him, kind of like if you're uncertain that the fart you feel about to blow is a wet one or a just a good noisy one :LOL:
It's not like he can't stand straight, he's just more prone to leaning forward.

Reaction score
The new Luke Jedi Knight from Walmart Exclusive is exactly the same body (torso/arms/legs and crotch area) as the first Luke (will call it Jedi capture) in the black series. The head is different and the hands, with a jedi tunic (plastic and removable with a lot of effort and hot water) and new cloth cape very accurate. But the body is the same, for some reason the piece holding the legs might be different causing the Luke to be very loose on his legs.
If he cannot stand, then there's no way I'm pulling the trigger on Luke Bowie. It'll end up costing me over 35 Euro to get him to my door and if he arrives so drunk that he keeps falling over, I'd be better off spending that money down the pub myself and loosening my own legs for the evening.

Reaction score
If he cannot stand, then there's no way I'm pulling the trigger on Luke Bowie. It'll end up costing me over 35 Euro to get him to my door and if he arrives so drunk that he keeps falling over, I'd be better off spending that money down the pub myself and loosening my own legs for the evening.
He stands perfectly, no issues standing or posing the figure.

Reaction score
I don't care if he's constructed poorly or not, I'd just like to, y'know, find him. Come on, Walmart of Garner! Step to! Chop chop! :p
To this day I still haven't seen him in any stores. I ended up ordering it from Walmart.com. It was a gamble, but the face and hair on mine were good with no issues.

And that brings me to another issue mentioned on here. Besides the floppy joint(s), and mismatched plastic sheen, some people were finding that the hair was glued on poorly and wasn't aligned as it should be.

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of them with the hair not quite aligned properly and some seem to have more rosiness to the cheeks than others. I also saw a few where the eyes were a bit off.

I can't speak to every figure out there, but I have two of them and I think that the "floppy joint" thing may be slightly exaggerated. One of mine definitely has somewhat "wiggly" hips, the other not at all but both of them are quite able to stand and hold a pose. Also, neither of mine have a mismatched plastic sheen...unlike my original figure which does.

Reaction score
Mine is most certainly floppy. It either leans tilted forward or leans tilted back. It definitely cannot be posed with the back straight up. Let's say you want to recreate the scene were Luke is aiming the blaster at Jabba. You know, the scene this figure was actually designed for. Well, mine can't do that. With the arm extended out he leans forward too much and he is aiming for Leia or Salacious Crumb. It can hold a pose as long as you actually want it to lean forward or backward. 😂

Reaction score
Man, that sucks! Mine has no problem recreating that pose. This one has the tight hips. The other one that I converted to a DSII Luke has the slightly wiggly hips, but still has no issues standing straight up, so I guess your mileage may vary on the whole hip thing. The thing that sucks is, it's a crap shoot. Unlike the misaligned hair and paint apps, even if you find in him in stores there is no way to know about the hips until you actually open him.

20191204_194916 (2).jpg

Reaction score
Perhaps it's better with the tunic on. It looks like the lower part of the tunic might add some support. I converted mine to be a DS II Luke, so I removed the tunic. However, it should have been OK regardless as it is with many other Black Series figures.

Reaction score
I have bought 3 of these (1 to keep as is and 2 to do DS2 conversion so I can display him with the two different chest pieces). One of them has tight legs, one of them is slightly loose but still ok, and the third is very loose. For the super loose one I made him DS2 luke and kept the hips from the old DS2 body.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
The one I received is tight at all joints but just a little bit of give at the hips, like it drops a degree or two on either side if pushed.

Reaction score
Question!! (or challenge?)

Has anyone attempted to the the tunic on the SHF figure? I imagine it might be too bulky, but he would FINALLY be wearing the proper outfit for than windswept hair head sculpt! Just us an extra Farm Luke SHL right hand for the pre-glove look.

Conversely, has anyone just tried putting the wind-swept hair SHF head right on to thr BS body? This way the right hand matches...til it gets blasted of course.

If anyone is adventurous to try it I'd love to see how that combo would look!!