Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight (ROTJ)

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface.com is reporting we'll be seeing a new ROTJ Luke Skywalker figure in the near future. No info on what outfit it'll be. What Luke outfit do people want to see next?

Reaction score
Jabba’s Palace all the way. I’m *really* hopeful they nail Mark’s likeness with the new face print tech. Fingers crossed for lightsaber, cloak, and palace blaster.

Reaction score
I would agree. I like this outfit and perhaps this time they will get the hair parted correctly.

Reaction score
I'd prefer it be an Endor or DS2 Luke of some variety but it seems far more likely that they would opt for his appearance upon arrival at Jabba's palace. Unfortunately.

Reaction score
Could they have an extra hand (like Padme's), so we can have him ungloved for Jabba's palace and gloved for later in the movie? If they include a robe and the extra shirt piece from the original BS figure...they might be able to have a Luke that covers a lot of ROTJ.

Reaction score
Could they have an extra hand (like Padme's), so we can have him ungloved for Jabba's palace and gloved for later in the movie? If they include a robe and the extra shirt piece from the original BS figure...they might be able to have a Luke that covers a lot of ROTJ.
I’d be on board with that. Maybe an Endor poncho and helmet too, put him in the Deluxe line?

Reaction score
A straight up new head and proper face printing will probably do me. That original release was one of the worst BS figures ever.

Reaction score
I hope this can be an Endor and Palace Luke but I feel like that will be an exclusive later on. That is fine I suppose as I'd buy two but I don't want to to wait or have more stuff to track down.

I don't want a cloth tunic at all, they tried it on 3.75" and the sculpted one looked so much better. Maybe a soft plastic overlay? Id really like to see DSII updated with a new head and better arm articulation. Maybe this will give them a lot of parts to make a new version easier to produce.

Reaction score
While I prefer a Jabba's Palace Luke, I honestly don't care which version we get as long as the headsculpt is good. Hopefully it can be ported to the existing Jedi Luke figure fairly easily. I already replaced that one's head with one from the 5POA 6" Jedi Lukes. It's not great, but still better than the stick head that makes Luke look like one of the Black Eyed Children.

Reaction score
"stock" head, not "stick" head! My kingdom for the EDIT button!

Reaction score
I hope they make it so he has a removable tunic and make it out of the same material that Hoth Leia’s vest. A cloak would be nice too. Hell, give us an ungloved right hand, a damaged right hand, and a gloved right hand!

Reaction score
Three alternate hands for the same arm?!?!? Someone at Hasbro just had to take thier blood pressure pill.

I reckon a tunic in a soft overlay would work, even possibly open up the window for butterfly jointd. I'd just hope they can get it to fit very snug.

Let's hope Luke gets a cloak and not a robe finally, at least I got that rickhor one in the event they screw it up.

Reaction score
this would be a perfect figure to escalate to the deluxe range. 1 movie, 3 looks, GOTTA HAVE EM ALL. Base figure DS2 Throne Room Luke, add a sweater vest and now he's "Ewok Stew" luke, add a cloak and swap the hands for Jabba's palace Luke, and then throw a bag over the whole thing for Endor Luke complete with helmet.

Reaction score
this would be a perfect figure to escalate to the deluxe range. 1 movie, 3 looks, GOTTA HAVE EM ALL. Base figure DS2 Throne Room Luke, add a sweater vest and now he's "Ewok Stew" luke, add a cloak and swap the hands for Jabba's palace Luke, and then throw a bag over the whole thing for Endor Luke complete with helmet.

All of this. Yes. Somebody get this man in touch with Hasbro’s SW team.

Reaction score
All of this. Yes. Somebody get this man in touch with Hasbro’s SW team.
Of course you realize this breaks the main rule of collector supply and demand: "Give them everything they want and they won't come back for the stuff they don't want."

Reaction score
Of course you realize this breaks the main rule of collector supply and demand: "Give them everything they want and they won't come back for the stuff they don't want."
LOL yes, but after 20+ years collecting I think we’re allowed this one thing! Hell, retool the costume and I’ll buy it 4 more times: Jabba’s Palace, Rebel Briefing, Endor, DSII, post DSII battle.

Reaction score
Haven't seen you post in a long time DSII Luke, figures the talk of an ultimate figure draws you back out. :grin:

Reaction score
Haven't seen you post in a long time DSII Luke, figures the talk of an ultimate figure draws you back out. :grin:
Between a marriage, one year old, career change, and trying to figure out my collecting life (6in Black Series to SH Figuarts to TVC) it hasn’t left me with much time to post, however I’ve never stopped lurking!

Reaction score
I would be happy with Jabba Palace Luke with the cloak and we still need a Luke in Endor gear. Might as well have a pack with Luke and Leia in Endor gear and with Speederbike set!

Reaction score
As long as I can consign the current version to the recycle-parts bin I don't care. Photo-real face that comes within a parsec of a decent likeness and I'll be happy.

Reaction score
I sold my ROTJ Luke a long time ago, and with this Emperor coming out, I suddenly regretted it........until I looked the figure up again, and remembered it was terrible.
Hard to believe he goes for $60 now!

I am personally hoping for a remake, or one with accessories, as others have said!

Reaction score
I sold my ROTJ Luke a long time ago, and with this Emperor coming out, I suddenly regretted it........until I looked the figure up again, and remembered it was terrible.
Hard to believe he goes for $60 now!

I am personally hoping for a remake, or one with accessories, as others have said!
I only recently (about a year ago) got into the 6" line, so I never picked up ROTJ Luke. I was thinking the same as you that it would nice to have Jedi Luke to go along with the Emperor release. But, after looking at it, and the price, it's a pass for me. At those prices I might as well pick up the SH Figuarts release.

Reaction score
Looks very cool, can't wait to add this figure to my Jabba display!

Reaction score
according to the post on Instagram looks to be a "Walmart" exclusive. While I love the fact that we are finally getting a great version of the Jabba's Palace Luke, I too would have loved to see a deluxe release of this with his Endor Combat Poncho and perhaps a stolen Imperial Speeder Bike.. plus it would have been a great way to give us a Endor Combat Poncho Leia with Speeder bike and Wicket as well.

Reaction score
He wouldn't have a gloved hand at that point.
unt
yeah I guess that's true, there's a slight costume change for when he's on the Death Star 2 but this one will be used by me to fight Vader in front of Palpatine until a new Luke comes out

Reaction score
Have to get this one. No matter what - back in the 80s the Kenner Jedi Luke was the first one I got :)

Reaction score
according to the post on Instagram looks to be a "Walmart" exclusive. While I love the fact that we are finally getting a great version of the Jabba's Palace Luke, I too would have loved to see a deluxe release of this with his Endor Combat Poncho and perhaps a stolen Imperial Speeder Bike.. plus it would have been a great way to give us a Endor Combat Poncho Leia with Speeder bike and Wicket as well.
It's exclusive, but not necessarily Walmart.

Reaction score
He wouldn't have a gloved hand at that point.[/QUOTE
Technically he would without the cloak which is removable. He's wearing the vest with the glove during the Dagobah scene and the Rebel Briefing.

Really should have come with at least 2 extra hands. One damaged and One gloved. A 'Salute' hand to signal R2-D2 would've been great also.

Reaction score
It's hard to tell from that picture, but the head sculpt looks a little ... off?

Reaction score
Well...the picture itself is blurry and half out of focus...?

Is it me or is Hasbro less likely to give us extra hands, or extra parts in general, with Star Wars? I know we get lucky sometimes, but it seems to me that it's much more likely in Marvel Legends figures than SW.

Reaction score
I’m hoping there’s a gloved hand hiding in there somewhere but have they ever packed things like that where you can’t see them?

This will probably be my first 6” Star Wars figure. A big reason I never got into the line is because I thought the first Luke’s they made luked horrible. I have some TDK Mafex stuff and it would be kinda neat to have these in the same
scale.