Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight Outfit (Retro)

GNT

Reaction score
Since a few people have asked, here's the thread to discuss the upcoming "Retro Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight Outfit" figure. No pictures of the figure just yet.

Reaction score
Will these actually be easy to get? Or are they going to be a pain like the other original trilogy waves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
While I am out on the DIsney era Retro figures, I will still scoop up Retro figures based on the OT.

Jedi Luke was an awesome choice. I almost would have expected Hasbro to re-issue Darth Vader on his Jedi-era cardback.

Reaction score
Some people are still under the impression that these are the old molds, don't forget these are new sculpts based on the old figures, so I think we will het flesh molded head Luke.

Reaction score
This is the figure from the ROTJ wave I am looking forward to the most, just please make sure it's a flesh tone plastic face!

Reaction score
This is my absolute favorite Star Wars figure from my childhood so I should be excited. But if it differs even the slightest from the original, it will be so off-putting.

Reaction score
While I am out on the DIsney era Retro figures, I will still scoop up Retro figures based on the OT.

Jedi Luke was an awesome choice. I almost would have expected Hasbro to re-issue Darth Vader on his Jedi-era cardback.
I'd be all for a redo of Vader on the Jedi Card... they could even use the recent Retro Kenobi Version of Vader on a Jedi card

Reaction score
well none of the others really have differences, so I wouldn't expect that

There are slight differences in the face paint apps that take away from that vintage look. I was a little disappointed w/ Original Luke and Luke Bespin because of this. Leia Hoth also looked a bit off. The Han Solo and Lando figures looked good though so they may get this one right.

Reaction score
Since they already gave us a blue saber with Snowspeeder Luke, I suspect we‘ll get green this time out…

Reaction score
The other question... grey palace blaster or black?

Edit: As in how a lot of figures like Lando have darker weapons than the original figures, I'm not suggesting there is a common vintage variant with a black blaster.

Reaction score
The other question... grey palace blaster or black?

Edit: As in how a lot of figures like Lando have darker weapons than the original figures, I'm not suggesting there is a common vintage variant with a black blaster.
I doubt he would have a black blaster. I think the real question is will it be straight up gray or more of a brownish gray?

Reaction score
this is an exciting one. Itll be interesting to see if they cast the head differently and avoid that odd colour?
I have a few of the old school cast head/painted on hair Lukes and they’re soooo much better than painted face / scuffed nose version. I hope like hell they go this route with cast head in skin tone rather than hair

Reaction score
Near the greatest snow on Earth. (SLC, UT)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight).

On shelf Summer 2023. MSRP is $11.99. Available for pre-order Wednesday, October 19th at 1pm ET at most major retailers.

Press Release

Luke Skywalker was a Tatooine farmboy who rose from humble beginnings to become one of the greatest Jedi the galaxy has ever known. Inspired by the original 1970s Kenner STAR WARS action figures, this STAR WARS: RETRO COLLECTION 3.75-INCH LUKE SKLYWALKER (JEDI KNIGHT) figure is inspired by the character’s appearance in STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI in honor of the film’s 40th anniversary. Fans and collectors can display this figure, with multiple points of articulation, in their action figure and vehicle collection. Includes figure and 2 entertainment-inspired accessories.

Press Images

Retro-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-ROTJ-Carded-Resized.jpg
Retro-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-ROTJ-Loose-1-Resized.jpg

Retro-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-ROTJ-Loose-2-Resized.jpg
Retro-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-ROTJ-Loose-3-Resized.jpg

HD Images

Spoiler:  
Retro-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-ROTJ-Carded.jpg

Retro-Luke-Skywalker-Jedi-Knight-ROTJ-Loose-3.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great to see them. This robe is all wrong!
And it looks to be a different head.

There were many different heads in '83. I think all three versions I got back then (Green saber with stitched cloak, blue saber with stitched cloak, and blue saber with snap cloak) had a different look.

There are probably experts in the Vintage collecting section proper who could give you more details, I am not up to speed beyond my childhood memories.

Reaction score
The head in some of the pics looked weird and then like in the carded shot above it looks pretty good. Looks like they did a nice job on the cloak too. Not too bulky like they seem to like on modern ones.

Reaction score
It's just the face paint apps that make the head look different. Same thing w/ the other Luke figures.