Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight/Endor Capture/ Endor - VC23

Reaction score
Re: Jedi Luke Skywalker - 2010

This has to be BRAND NEW for it to even have a shot at being passable.

Reaction score

Mildoo said:
This has to be BRAND NEW for it to even have a shot at being passable.
Truer words have never been spoken on this board. LOL

Reaction score

Aww come on let me have my chance in the spotlight!

Reaction score

For the record, I would LOVE to see a good version of Death Star II Luke Skywalker. and NO, I don't think we've ever gotten him yet.

POTF2 Cinema Scene: too buff by today's standards, and VERY odd pose.

POTF2 Elecronic FX: same comments as above

SAGA: there are just no words

LEGACY COLLECTION: the most hated figure in years!

I absolutely agree that we need a definitive version of this outfit, and none of the above figures fit the bill.

I'm just tired of hearing everyone complain about it.
I'm not specifically pointing at any particular person here...NOBODY is happy with the figures so far, and I'm glad that Hasbro is finally doing something about it.

Reaction score

I always felt the Jabba's Palace version from 2004 was pretty decent and is the best ROTJ Luke they've made.

I realize that it's not the Jedi version from when he's on the Death Star, and it doesn't sport amazing ball-joint articulation, but it's still a nice looking figure.

Reaction score

What kills me is that we'll likely be getting yet another Jedi Luke before we get a Bespin Han.

Reaction score

Good points Dan.

And I'm not sure I would call DSII Luke the "pinnacle" of Luke outfits. The amount of screen time the outfit got with the flap down is so minute that I was surprised anyone would campaign for a flap down version, or even expect to have a separate variant on a card.

With the wording Hasbro used concerning this "upgrade" of a figure, I would expect it to be a DSII Luke with an outer Jedi tunic. The reason why is because they said they were going to correct the mistake of the last one (which was a DSII version), however to match the Kenner version, I would think it would be the Jedi version.

Either way, people are going to complain about something with this figure. I have never seen more complaining about one figure in my life! You know, I'm a major Cantina freak; but I do not pick apart every Cantina figure that is made, especially like some have DSII Luke.

Anyway, someone's going to complain either about the skin color, the hair, the belt upside down, puffy knee joint, the thighs rubbing, or something.

Hasbro's best bet is to just offer a vintage-esque 5 pt of articulation figure with a tooth pick lightsaber.

Jason

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
For the record, I would LOVE to see a good version of Death Star II Luke Skywalker. and NO, I don't think we've ever gotten him yet.

POTF2 Cinema Scene: too buff by today's standards, and VERY odd pose.

Something wrong with this pose?

Oddly enough, I still think this is the nicest DSII Luke we've seen!

Reaction score

When his hands aren't so suggestively placed, and he's facing off with Vader, it still makes for a nice 'iconic' ROTJ stance. We see Luke strike poses like that in the duel, and on that one awesome red poster.

Anyway, I'm also in the "flap-down is low priority" camp, although it SHOULD be made eventually. If they can add damaged pockets to an ESB-duel Luke (POTF2, maybe Saga as well?) they can add a much-more noticeable gray/white flap on a black tunic for a post-duel ROTJ Luke. But flap-up, THAT is the priority.

The soft-goods vest on the BP version doesn't look all that great in the archives, but it's far superior to the 'bath towel' from '07. And the elastic belt's brilliant! Now if only they could perfect his ROTJ utility belt... and remember to give him--at a minimum--repainted ROTS Obi-Wan hilts & sabers and never again weaker iterations from pre-2002 sculpts.

So just make a great DS2 Luke, give him the vest & belt from the BP, swappable bare & gloved hand (no damage), hilt that can be stuffed in the elastic belt or plugged into the belt on the pelvis, lit saber, new soft-goods cape, plastic hood... yeah, plastic hood, since soft-goods hoods never look good. And that's it. No Mos Eisley Special blaster. No rancor bone. Just that stuff. It's still a lot, but it'd make for an excellent Jedi Luke that can double as an upgrade to DS2 Luke. If Luke needs a blaster to threaten Jabba with... well, most Palace/Carkoon guards seem to have 'em! Luke can just steal one of theirs, just like in the film.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
When his hands aren't so suggestively placed, and he's facing off with Vader, it still makes for a nice 'iconic' ROTJ stance. We see Luke strike poses like that in the duel, and on that one awesome red poster.

Anyway, I'm also in the "flap-down is low priority" camp, although it SHOULD be made eventually. If they can add damaged pockets to an ESB-duel Luke (POTF2, maybe Saga as well?) they can add a much-more noticeable gray/white flap on a black tunic for a post-duel ROTJ Luke. But flap-up, THAT is the priority.

The soft-goods vest on the BP version doesn't look all that great in the archives, but it's far superior to the 'bath towel' from '07. And the elastic belt's brilliant! Now if only they could perfect his ROTJ utility belt... and remember to give him--at a minimum--repainted ROTS Obi-Wan hilts & sabers and never again weaker iterations from pre-2002 sculpts.

So just make a great DS2 Luke, give him the vest & belt from the BP, swappable bare & gloved hand (no damage), hilt that can be stuffed in the elastic belt or plugged into the belt on the pelvis, lit saber, new soft-goods cape, plastic hood... yeah, plastic hood, since soft-goods hoods never look good. And that's it. No Mos Eisley Special blaster. No rancor bone. Just that stuff. It's still a lot, but it'd make for an excellent Jedi Luke that can double as an upgrade to DS2 Luke. If Luke needs a blaster to threaten Jabba with... well, most Palace/Carkoon guards seem to have 'em! Luke can just steal one of theirs, just like in the film.

Absolutely correct. The flap up is priority, and my most wanted figure.

Jason, when I was said the Death Star 2 outfit was the pinnacle representation of Luke, I meant it. I also meant flap up, how it is for the turning over of Luke to Vader, the presentation to the emperor, the ENTIRE duel, and Luke's defiance. It's clearly not the most iconic Luke outfit, but the pinnacle and turning point for the character. I'd like to see a solid version of DS2 Luke, which would lead to great Jedi and Endor versions.

Again, my wording is sometimes requires re-reads. And Curto, I wasn't trying to call you out, however retorting to the statement you reiterated that others had expressed over a period of time about yet another Jedi Luke.

Reaction score

I guess it's annoying to "have to read" other people
complaining about star wars figures (on a star wars figure discussion forum, mind you).....

But it's NOT annoying to read other people complaining about other people complaining....

Reaction score
Re: Jedi Juke Skywalker - 2010

CaptainJack said:
If this is a DS2 Luke, I'd bet we'll see an incremental improvement (ie. new chest, but same arms, belt, and legs). Then they'll finally fix those, but inexplicably use a worse head.
^This.

Reaction score
Re: Jedi Juke Skywalker - 2010

I thought having the flap come down was a neat visual representation of Luke having chosen the light side over the dark side.

Throughout ROTJ Luke is wearing all black, like Anakin in ROTS, and it's still a possibility that Luke would be turned to the dark side. But after he defeats Vader and throws his lightsaber aside he made his choice not to turn. So when his flap comes undone while getting zapped by the Emperor it's a visual reminder that there is good in Luke, and also a little like showing the hint of good in Vader because around that time Vader decides to save Luke.

Back on topic, the flap-up version should be the priority for Hasbro, though I prefer the flap-down look. Maybe if this new Jedi Luke looks amazing, Hasbro could retool the chest to make a flap-down version for that funeral pyre set they showed at Comic Con.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
..give him the vest & belt from the BP..
That's exactly what they shouldn't do. Honestly, it's too big for starters, & no.. it doesn't look that great like you said. However, they probably had that vest ready so the next Jedi Luke release gets it - not that hard to figure out I guess.

I want a BRAND NEW sculpt of Jedi Luke from the ground up, that has nothing to do with the last figure - on a vintage card. How long must we wait?

Reaction score

An all new sculpt or bust is ideal, naturally, however given a look at the rest of the wave, probably unlikely.

Ackbar, Gam.Guard, Wicket, Woof, Endor Rebel Troop are all going to be new sculpts, and I see this Jedi Luke release being the equivalent to Echo Base Han from the ESB wave.

One can hope, but I'm going to be first in line on the corner with doubt until SDCC.

Reaction score

My prediction is the Sandstorm torso again (good anyway), maybe the 2007 head with better paint (like the Endor BP?), new arms & legs - & that Endor BP vest. Accessories from the Saga1 Luke & that's probably our SDCC snapshot right there.

If this is a Jabba's palace Luke, then the utility belt may or may not be included.. depending on how generous they're feeling. Extra playability - come on Hasbro!

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
An all new sculpt or bust is ideal, naturally, however given a look at the rest of the wave, probably unlikely.

Ackbar, Gam.Guard, Wicket, Woof, Endor Rebel Troop are all going to be new sculpts, and I see this Jedi Luke release being the equivalent to Echo Base Han from the ESB wave.

One can hope, but I'm going to be first in line on the corner with doubt until SDCC.
Endor Trooper isnt gonna be new sculpt (least not all of him).

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
DSIILuke said:

What could they use for the Endor troop?

Also, Vintj, if they use the sandstorm torso, I'd like a full 'box' sculpted, as opposed to just the left side. If they used smaller joints, it'd be a much nicer figure.

I'd truthfully really prefer ball jointed hips, but I think that'd require an all new sculpt. I'm sure, either way, it'll look nice on a vintage card. A new sculpt would look even nicer...

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
Idpullthecurtain said:
DSIILuke said:

What could they use for the Endor troop?

Also, Vintj, if they use the sandstorm torso, I'd like a full 'box' sculpted, as opposed to just the left side. If they used smaller joints, it'd be a much nicer figure.

I'd truthfully really prefer ball jointed hips, but I think that'd require an all new sculpt. I'm sure, either way, it'll look nice on a vintage card. A new sculpt would look even nicer...
The legs are Major Panno's we know that much.
The helmet is already done. The coat will prolly be Hans. And we could speculate that the could use the same torso as the last one.
Arms will certainly be new though.

Reaction score

I'd argue the helmet is NOT done. Dunno about you, but after the Luke, Leia, and two 2006 Endor Rebels, I'm TIRED of that helmet. Sculpt one with a 'closed' chinstrap. Seems like a very GZ thing to say, but the open one is all over the place, and mostly when we saw Luke, Leia, and the troops wearing 'em in ROTJ, the helmets were securely fastened under their jaws.

I'd love to be able to get a few of these guys & mix the helmets up among the others.

Anyway, back to the Jedi Luke discussion already in progress...

Reaction score

A new helmet on the ERT would be great.

Luke Jedi is going to be interesting, to say the least. I hope for Hasbro's sake it's a home run, or at the very least passable given what they have to work with (a Jedi Luke sculpt from 3 years ago that wasn't very good to begin with..).

Either way, rest assured I'll be there to criticize!

Reaction score

Perhaps it'll be Luke in full jedi gear, like he appears in the Rebel briefing scene, and the Ewok village chat with Leia.

Vest with utility belt and gloved hand. Lightsaber hilt that can hang from the hip, and an ignited saber. As long as the utility belt is redone, with accurate detailing, and the vest is sculpted on, it'd be a nice looking figure. The vest will definitely cover up the wonky chest.

They said they were going to be addressing the issues with the last figure, so maybe this release will be DS2 Luke, and a figure that wasn't apart of the original 92.

Reaction score

If the arms are new would that mean he'd need a new torso?

Reaction score

Masterfett said:

Not at all. Check out the customization section where people have used the Juno Eclipse arms on last years DS2 Luke figure. Looks a hell of a lot better than Hasbro's release.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
DSIILuke said:
Also, Vintj, if they use the sandstorm torso, I'd like a full 'box' sculpted, as opposed to just the left side.
I'm not sure what you mean dude..

Check out the right side of Sandstorm Luke (the figures left side) to see the tunic isn't sculpted all the way across.

On the latest DS2 offering, it's the accurate (albeit super accentuated) 'box' design as seen on Luke's jumpsuit whilst on board the second Death Star.

A little crazy, I know, but it shouldn't be that hard to correct. Perhaps we'll see it corrected on this release, as it's still unclear as to whether it'll be an homage to the original Luke Jedi or a 'vintage' DS2 Luke release (like Echo Base Han).

Time will tell!

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
Masterfett said:

Not at all. Check out the customization section where people have used the Juno Eclipse arms on last years DS2 Luke figure. Looks a hell of a lot better than Hasbro's release.
Yeah, I swapped some Juno Eclispse arms on my DS2 Luke and it made a WORLD of difference! He still has the wonky legs and utility belt issues, but just swapping the arms vastly improved this figure. If they just reuse Juno's arms and can work out something better with the torso and legs, and slap a utilty belt on there it will make for a pretty nice figure.

Here are some photos of my Luke with the Juno arms (only mod I did)

p.s. Not taking credit for this idea at all, someone else came up with the idea.

Reaction score

Some day they'll get it right. If anything, DS2 Luke seems to be the one figure Hasbro wants to truly milk the sculpt out of; 3 years running. I understand the tool costs and keeping the waves fresh, etc. It'd just be nice to see a Jedi Luke figure get the home run treatment so we wouldn't have to see tooling costs wasted on a Luke again. Do it sooner rather than later (and 4+ figures based on the same 2007 sculpt.)

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
Masterfett said:

Sorry I was referring to curtain's Endor Rebel Trooper statement.

IMO this Luke needs to be all new!

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
DSIILuke said:
Masterfett said:

Sorry I was referring to curtain's Endor Rebel Trooper statement.

IMO this Luke needs to be all new!

Ah. Ideally, both would be all new sculpts; Jedi Luke with a solid DS2 Luke underneath, and poncho trooper with a solid 'vintage' ERT underneath.

Reaction score

Not only do I hope they get this one right but that we get 3 hands--one with a blaster mark, one without and one gloved. And include all of the weapons and soft goods.

Reaction score

I'm tenatively enthusiastic. If they get rid of the balloon joints & POTF2 torso, that'll be unreal.
The rest is icing on the cake.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
I'm tenatively enthusiastic. If they get rid of the balloon joints & POTF2 torso, that'll be unreal.
The rest is icing on the cake.

Very true.

<<<<<I'm secretly hoping it's up to snuff with Bespin Luke, however the minute I begin to declare full blown optimism, Hasbro will strike me with all it's anger...>>>>>

Reaction score

Man - I just want to be as excited about a new Jedi Luke release as I was back in 1984! I just can't wait to see him on that wicked cool legendary card - blaster pointed at Jabba in that darkly lit throne room, while being surrounded by a sea of angry freaks!

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Man - I just want to be as excited about a new Jedi Luke release as I was back in 1984! I just can't wait to see him on that wicked cool legendary card - blaster pointed at Jabba in that darkly lit throne room, while being surrounded by a sea of angry freaks!
Yes! lol I had an old storybook and record set that had that same cardback image as one of the pictures inside. Classic, classic, classic.

Reaction score

I would guess that if Hasbro is doing updates on all the vintage figures, I would think they would have Jabba's Palace Luke with ungloved hand and soft goods cloke for "Jedi Knight", then have DSII Luke with gloved hand, flap up removable belt and poncho when they do Endor Luke. (no cloth tunic for either)

So then DSII Luke with the gray flap would have to be a whole separate figure, right? Unless they want to do swappable chests which I think would be hard to execute without giving too much bulk or any distracting seam lines. Maybe if these Lukes do okay, this Luke could just be a SL release with a retooled body.

Reaction score

Urgh. If its a Jedi Luke, then I hope its got the same tabbard as included with the Luke from the Endor Pack. Then I can remove it and use this one as a DS2 Luke. I've only got the Endor BP Luke and the original TAC release of the figure, both of which sport a gap between the waist and hips when their gear is removed. In my eyes, if this figure can remedy this problem, then I'm all for it

I would have gotten the TLC DS2 Luke, but TLC never came to the UK< so I couldn't