Luke Skywalker - Jedi Knight/Endor Capture/ Endor - VC23

GNT

Reaction score
From Jedi-business.com

Q. Will Jedi Luke be re-released on a vintage card, and if so, will you make any changes to the figure?

A. There are indeed plans for a new Jedi Luke in the Vintage format, that addresses the issues that folks have had with the proportions of the chest among other tweaks. Look for him later this year, with the figure available for preview at Comic Con.

The question is can Hasbro get him right this time around? He'd go well with the new R2-D2 w/Lukes lightsaber figure
Thoughts on seeing another Jedi Luke?

Reaction score
Re: Jedi Juke Skywalker - 2010

Yay a Jedi JUKE Skywalker! I have always wanted one of them.

Reaction score

Skywalker makes an ankle breaking move and is headed to the endzone!

Reaction score

Wookie_inked said:
They won't get this one right this time either
T-shirts of this should be made.

Seriously, NOW is the time to get him right, when they're doing the vintage cards - a perfect opportunity for the ultimate MOC!

Reaction score

Hmmm...interesting that Hasbro decided to make another Jedi Luke, after saying for so long that the current one does not need an update. Of course, their answer does not guarantee an update of this figure, we could see a different version (Jabba's Palace?), but interesting nonetheless.

Reaction score

The question was about Jedi Luke, not DS2 Luke. This could definitely be a new Jabba's Palace Luke. If they get it right, it will be a nice improvement, but the current Jabba Palace one isn't nearly as bad as that DS2 abomination.

Also, Juke Skywalker is awesome.

Reaction score

And if you review my comments in the ROTJ wave thread, I predicted a "Jabba's Palace Luke" - nothing to do with DS2 Luke.

Reaction score

CaptainJack said:
The question was about Jedi Luke, not DS2 Luke. This could definitely be a new Jabba's Palace Luke. If they get it right, it will be a nice improvement, but the current Jabba Palace one isn't nearly as bad as that DS2 abomination.

Also, Juke Skywalker is awesome.
Their answer </font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
There are indeed plans for a new Jedi Luke in the Vintage format, that addresses the issues that folks have had with the proportions of the chest among other tweaks

[/QUOTE] would seem to indicate that whatever we are getting is at least based on DS2 Luke figure though.

If it does turn out to be a Jabba's Palace Luke, maybe we will see something like the DS2 Luke with a new torso, soft goods tunic (ala the Endor Battle Pack Luke), and outer cape/robe. Just an idea.

Reaction score

Yeah I guess it will be similar to the one that came in the Endor BP. I am not really interested, unless it offers something better than that. I liked the old Saga one actually.

Reaction score

Keep in mind, if they did an excellent job on this upcoming Bespin Luke. This time around, thay may do a better job on Jedi Luke. Keep your fingures crossed guys.

Reaction score

Jedi_073 said:
Keep in mind, if they did an excellent job on this upcoming Bespin Luke. This time around, thay may do a better job on Jedi Luke. Keep your fingures crossed guys.
Well the Bespin one is an all new figure. This one is not.

Reaction score

I hope really hope that they get it right this time, at least for DS2Luke's sake.

Reaction score

This is a great choice to go with the lightsaber-R2D2. There are a lot of little improvements they can make on the TAC Jabba's Palace Luke. I also hope this one comes with the cape.

Reaction score

Thank the Force they are updating this figure...then everyone can finally shut up about it!

or at least until they see photos of the update and then find flaws with it...

Reaction score

Mr Curto said:
Thank the Force they are updating this figure...then everyone can finally shut up about it!

Voicing an assertive opinion on $7.99 worth of crap isn't necessarily nit picking, nor is it a less valid argument then crying over characters like Yarna and ICMG. Thought you of all people would understand passion for certain characters. I'm not asking for the impossible here...

They BOTCHED the pinnacle of Luke's outfits, and have ONLY RELEASED DS2 Luke twice in the modern line. The upcoming Bespin Luke is marvelous, and there is absolutely NO reason for DS2/Jedi/w/e Luke NOT to be up to par with that figure. Well hidden joints, a believable face sculpt, no ACTION FEATURE, CORRECT SABER. I won't 'shut up' until it's worth my hard earned money. I live in Detroit, man, so every penny is hard to come by. I'm not buying sh*t again.

I'm also not holding out for this figure, they WILL milk the DS2 sculpt until the line dies. Not even a point anymore to keep hopes up. I've been let down with jedi Luke releases since 2004. 6 years later, and NOTHING'S changed. I suppose we'll see, as SDCC is only 3 months away.

Reaction score

Idpullthecurtain said:
The last figure wasnt great. But there is no reason that they cant use parts of it to make it a success. Sure not ideal, but they could improve it....

I'm not so sure. Aside from the head, the rest of the figure is useless. It's been the same ball joint apparent body since 2007. I think they've more than gotten their money's worth. The answer was vauge, and where it didn't specify if was going to be new, it didn't specify it wouldn't. Let's all hope for the latter.

Reaction score

On the positive side DSIILuke - they did acknowledge that the last one was sh1t.. in a roundabout way, so we could be in for a nice treat. I just hope if it is a Jabba's palace based Luke, that they don't use that SG tunic they made for that recent BP Endor Luke - it's too big. A nice slip on / off soft plastic tunic would be ideal.. they can do it.

Reaction score

I've been using the older figure as an Endor Luke for a while now. His proportions are odd, but his articulation is great. The poncho hides all that and brings out the best in the figure

As for this news, this is nice. I look forward to buying one!

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
On the positive side DSIILuke - they did acknowledge that the last one was sh1t.. in a roundabout way, so we could be in for a nice treat. I just hope if it is a Jabba's palace based Luke, that they don't use that SG tunic they made for that recent BP Endor Luke - it's too big. A nice slip on / off soft plastic tunic would be ideal.. they can do it.

Optimism is hardly the emotion I'm choosing upon hearing this news. Normally, DS2Luke is all about a new Jedi Luke release. However, I remember this time two years ago, and a certain Hasbro employee (DePriest) saying the upcoming Luke jedi would be the end all be all.

We all know how that panned out, don't we?

Reaction score

Dude, they'll get him right.. eventually.

Like I said earlier though, THIS is the time to pump out definitive figures & marry them up with those lovely Kenner cards - it'd be an absolute shame otherwise.

Reaction score

VintijDroidGutzz said:
Dude, they'll get him right.. eventually.

Like I said earlier though, THIS is the time to pump out definitive figures & marry them up with those lovely Kenner cards - it'd be an absolute shame otherwise.

One can hope.

Reaction score

If this is a DS2 Luke, I'd bet we'll see an incremental improvement (ie. new chest, but same arms, belt, and legs). Then they'll finally fix those, but inexplicably use a worse head.

(Also: Juke Skywalker)
Sorry. I'll drop it now.

Reaction score

Being on the vintage card will bring one purchase anyway. We'll have to see what's inside the bubble to warrent a second to open up. If its an improvement i'm a sucker for another Luke.

Reaction score

Doesn't sound like poor Juke ever got the respect he so much deserved while he was playing.

Reaction score

What's important is that hasbro is making an attempt to fix an error instead of ignoring it or denying it exists as an error.

Also we can see the value of these collector community forums and how talking, discussing and complaining can lead to hasbro hearing us. There are those however, on these forums who would prefer we "stop complaining" and just accept that we "get what we get, what's good enuff for me better be good enuff for everyone because I don't what to read 'bout no complain'in!!! " so to speak. Oh well too bad, the complaining works.

Anyway bring on the improved Jedi Luke!!!!

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
Mr Curto said:

Voicing an assertive opinion on $7.99 worth of crap isn't necessarily nit picking, nor is it a less valid argument then crying over characters like Yarna and ICMG. Thought you of all people would understand passion for certain characters. I'm not asking for the impossible here...
Right there with ya, DSII! Hoping for something stellar this time, but not holding my breath. Also, don't worry too much about comments like those, as it's a certified fact that certain staffers wear official Hasbro-issued blinders.

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
DSIILuke said:
Mr Curto said:

Right there with ya, DSII! Hoping for something stellar this time, but not holding my breath. Also, don't worry too much about comments like those, as it's a certified fact that certain staffers wear official Hasbro-issued blinders.

I wasn't trying to call him out or anything, and I'm not trying to constantly complain. Seeing figures like Bespin Luke and Hoth Leia, I KNOW hasbro could nail Jedi/DS2 Luke. Why they don't,

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
I wasn't trying to call him out or anything, and I'm not trying to constantly complain. Seeing figures like Bespin Luke and Hoth Leia, I KNOW hasbro could nail Jedi/DS2 Luke. Why they don't,
Oh, I know you weren't trying to call anybody out, and neither was I, really. My point was that there are several people on these boards who think big H can do no wrong, and if they wanna think that way, that's fine. However, it's also fine for the rest of us who choose not to turn a blind eye, to state our concerns.

All companies make mistakes, and Hasbro is no different. We as consumers of their product have every right to voice our issues with their product or business practices. Nothing wrong with that at all. This is America after all, right? So keep that DSII flag flyin'!!

I will say that after seeing how well they did with Bespin Luke, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt w/ this upcoming Luke. Just not gonna get my hopes up is all.

Reaction score

EmperorPalpitate said:
DSIILuke said:
Oh, I know you weren't trying to call anybody out, and neither was I, really. My point was that there are several people on these boards who think big H can do no wrong, and if they wanna think that way, that's fine. However, it's also fine for the rest of us who choose not to turn a blind eye, to state our concerns.

All companies make mistakes, and Hasbro is no different. We as consumers of their product have every right to voice our issues with their product or business practices. Nothing wrong with that at all. This is America after all, right? So keep that DSII flag flyin'!!

I will say that after seeing how well they did with Bespin Luke, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt w/ this upcoming Luke. Just not gonna get my hopes up is all.

Bespin Luke is fantastic. I suppose if they really, TRULY fix the problems with DS2 Luke, he'd be on par.

Sculpt the closed flap chest, re-cast the figure with smaller joints (can they even do this?), add a top notch utility belt, add a soft, removable pvc vest, and throw in an all new lightsaber/hilt, along with gloved/un-gloved right hands, and a soft goods cloak with the palace blaster, and we'll have a home run.

Again, it wasn't specified as to what it'll be, DS2 or Jedi, however I'm thinking with the original card back, Jedi Knight/Jabba's Palace will be the choice.

I really hope they knock this one out of the park.

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
EmperorPalpitate said:
DSIILuke said:

Bespin Luke is fantastic. I suppose if they really, TRULY fix the problems with DS2 Luke, he'd be on par.

Sculpt the closed flap chest, re-cast the figure with smaller joints (can they even do this?), add a top notch utility belt, add a soft, removable pvc vest, and throw in an all new lightsaber/hilt, along with gloved/un-gloved right hands, and a soft goods cloak with the palace blaster, and we'll have a home run.

Again, it wasn't specified as to what it'll be, DS2 or Jedi, however I'm thinking with the original card back, Jedi Knight/Jabba's Palace will be the choice.

I really hope they knock this one out of the park.

That's what I'm hoping we'll get.