Luke Skywalker - Jedi Exile

Reaction score
Would you prefer it be in a scenario we’ve never seen before?
Yes, actually. I do actually like seeing things I've never seen before when I go to movies. That's why I go to new movies and don't just watch the same old ones over and over.

Seriously, what is wrong with you people. Oy.....

Reaction score
Yes, actually. I do actually like seeing things I've never seen before when I go to movies. That's why I go to new movies and don't just watch the same old ones over and over.

Amen to that. It gets really old hearing g the same handful of people making the same complaints over and over. We get it; you didn't like the movie/Rey/Disney/Luke/whatever. And by all means share your opinion. But you don't need to share it 3,000 times. Just move on and watch the OT for the rest of your life. But some of us actually enjoyed seeing something new and challenging. TALK wasn't perfect, but it was way more interesting than a lot of the former EU was.

Reaction score

You know that wasn’t the point I was making. Why can’t TLJ fans argue against the detractors strongest arguments. It’s always some echo chamber response of “those things done matter because NEW MOVIE WITH STAR WARS IN TITlE PLEASE GO AWAY ITS PERFECT AND YOUR WRONG”

Reaction score
Why can’t TLJ fans argue against the detractors strongest arguments.
I'm happy to argue against a strong argument as soon as I hear one. (or even - gasp - agree with it.) But all I've heard is a lot of petty, small-minded and/or stupid nonsense. But this isn't the thread for that, so I'll stop now.

Reaction score
I'm happy to argue against a strong argument as soon as I hear one. (or even - gasp - agree with it.) But all I've heard is a lot of petty, small-minded and/or stupid nonsense. But this isn't the thread for that, so I'll stop now.
Yep, it’s objectively good, that’s why the fan base is divided.

Reaction score
Amen to that. It gets really old hearing g the same handful of people making the same complaints over and over. We get it; you didn't like the movie/Rey/Disney/Luke/whatever. And by all means share your opinion. But you don't need to share it 3,000 times. Just move on and watch the OT for the rest of your life. But some of us actually enjoyed seeing something new and challenging. TALK wasn't perfect, but it was way more interesting than a lot of the former EU was.
I couldn't agree more with this. People can love a movie just as much as someone else hates it. I really liked TLJ, and I get that some didn't and thats perfectly fine! But I'm not going to go question the opinion that person is entitled to. It really sucks that some people here are practically belittling others because they liked something you didn't. Just because someone doesn't like something, it doesn't mean someone else cant like it. Why cant this thread just be about the actual figure lol!?!?

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with this. People can love a movie just as much as someone else hates it. I really liked TLJ, and I get that some didn't and thats perfectly fine! But I'm not going to go question the opinion that person is entitled to. It really sucks that some people here are practically belittling others because they liked something you didn't. Just because someone doesn't like something, it doesn't mean someone else cant like it. Why cant this thread just be about the actual figure lol!?!?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/PrequelMemes/comments/7np0zz/hmmm/

Reaction score
So he killed his father because he didn't hate him. Gotcha! He was just putting him out of his misery right?
Sigh... He did it because he felt he HAD to in order to fully be embraced by the Dark Side of the Force. This is made readily apparent in many ways... He is clearly SO conflicted in TFA just before he does this... It’s all made very clear that he has very many conflicted feelings about Han Solo. NEWSFLASH: I also think just about everybody I know in real life who loves their parents have also — on occasion — been deeply disappointed by them. This is hardly a revolutionary concept to follow... But then — for those who somehow failed to do so... Snoke spells it out again very plainly and clearly after Kylo brings up murdering Han Solo by snapping “And it split you to the bone!”

Reaction score
But there shouldn't have been any conflict, that's the whole point. This Kid shouldn't be anywhere close to Evil or a Darkside follower. This whole new premise for the new movies is based on a house of cards, because by OT definitions this wouldn't be happening. Before and during Palpatine's rule yes, but not after. There were too many things set in motion to prevent such a thing from happening again by a Skywalker. That is why these movies fail as sequels. They should have just removed everything OT from them and started new.

Being as what as happened with Luke in TLJ, writing a new bad guy role for Lando seems fitting doesn't it? All the while seemingly doing something different as that's what the people want.

In the Aftermath Trilogy & Battlefront 2, Lando stays w/ the rebellion & New Republic. So there's a solid chance he's the reinforcements Leia's looking for towards the end of TLJ.
That's a possibility, and would be neat.

Reaction score
But there shouldn't have been any conflict, that's the whole point. This Kid shouldn't be anywhere close to Evil or a Darkside follower. This whole new premise for the new movies is based on a house of cards, because by OT definitions this wouldn't be happening. Before and during Palpatine's rule yes, but not after. There were too many things set in motion to prevent such a thing from happening again by a Skywalker. That is why these movies fail as sequels. They should have just removed everything OT from them and started new.

Being as what as happened with Luke in TLJ, writing a new bad guy role for Lando seems fitting doesn't it? All the while seemingly doing something different as that's what the people want.

That's a possibility, and would be neat.
Its like I said, Disney wants to take the characters back to where they were when we first found them, then kill them.

Its all a marketing scheme to get us lifelong fans in seats while secretly making films that don’t genuinely include our favorite characters.

Reaction score
Riiiiight.

Anyway, this thread is about the Luke Skywalker (Jedi Exile) figure...I think. I got this figure for Christmas, but just got around to opening him today. Im not a huge fan of 5 POA, but this one is pretty nice. Wasn't expecting the articulated wrists. I think I like him better than the TBS 3 3/4 Jedi Master Luke.

Reaction score
Riiiiight.

Anyway, this thread is about the Luke Skywalker (Jedi Exile) figure...I think. I got this figure for Christmas, but just got around to opening him today. Im not a huge fan of 5 POA, but this one is pretty nice. Wasn't expecting the articulated wrists. I think I like him better than the TBS 3 3/4 Jedi Master Luke.
He’s good for sitting on an island for damn sure

Reaction score
Seriously dude? I understand you don't like the ST and I respect your opinion, I'll admit some aspects of TLJ disappointed me, but I still enjoy it. Honestly are people really not allowed to like a movie or express a positive opinion of it without being bashed for it? Like I said just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one else can't. Theres a lot more to Star Wars than just the OT.

Reaction score
Riiiiight.

I feel like a lot of thought and effort went into this figure. I really liked how they made his hood removable but it still looked good when on or removed. Also, the softer plastic and construction means you can do some silly swapping. lol.

Star Wars The Last Jedi 3.75'' figures by jonwesleyhuff, on Flickr

Reaction score
Seriously dude? I understand you don't like the ST and I respect your opinion, I'll admit some aspects of TLJ disappointed me, but I still enjoy it. Honestly are people really not allowed to like a movie or express a positive opinion of it without being bashed for it? Like I said just because you don't like it doesn't mean no one else can't. Theres a lot more to Star Wars than just the OT.
Don't get so upset- /r/PrequelMemes is the best thing ever. EVER.

Reaction score
Something about the arms on this figure bugs me. I know its 5POA but they're a little too stiff looking.

Reaction score
It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.

Reaction score
It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying.
Ironic....he could save others from death, but not himself.

Reaction score
I'm a tad disappointed that his stick didn't materialize into a hidden Lightsaber. I mean it's an odd design just to be a "stick", I thought it would be more.

Reaction score
Uh, yeah. If you're dead, how do you manipulate the Force to your will? Perhaps Palpy should have thought that through before he killed him in his sleep.

Reaction score
I'm a tad disappointed that his stick didn't materialize into a hidden Lightsaber. I mean it's an odd design just to be a "stick", I thought it would be more.
It's not a "stick", it's a piece of equipment (like an antennae?) that he force pulls to himself.

Reaction score
It's a lightning rod he pulls to himself with the Force to defend himself. At this point in the film, he's reconnected with the Force.

Reaction score
I think that scene just showed him jumping across, grabbing the stick like a pole vaulter. I didn't see anything force-related with him doing that.

Reaction score
I think that scene just showed him jumping across, grabbing the stick like a pole vaulter. I didn't see anything force-related with him doing that.
Not that stick.
SPOILER

Luke reconnects with the force on the cliff at night. After Rey and Kylo touch hands, and Luke gets angry and blows up the hut, Rey attacks him, so he force pulls a lightning rod off one of the other hits. Just got out of my third showing, so it’s fresh in my mind.

Reaction score
Didn't Luke also use the force to catch him self from falling after Rey grabs the lightsaber?
Yes, I liked that he easily defeated Rey in hand to hand combat until she grabbed the lightsaber, at which point Luke stops fighting, which it seams he didn’t even want to do to begin with.