Luke Skywalker - Jedi Exile

GNT

Reaction score
New pictures of the next Luke Skywalker figure have shown up online, thoughts on the Luke Skywalker - Jedi Exile figure?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Love it. Wish they had saved this design for the Black Series rather than the Khaki Monk version.*

Still, too cool to pass up, even in lamented 5POA construction.

*I can't help but speculate that Rian Johnson was desperate to ditch JJ's boring TFA Luke and come up with something much cooler. Which, thankfully, he has.

Reaction score
Love it. Wish they had saved this design for the Black Series rather than the Khaki Monk version.*

*I can't help but speculate that Rian Johnson was desperate to ditch JJ's boring TFA Luke and come up with something much cooler. Which, thankfully, he has.
agreed it's a brilliant costume and a cool figure. Am glad they gave Luke another custome even though I like TFA one too. They have made great use of resources to add to the basic 5POA structure. Also card art is amazing! :) kudos.

Reaction score

Yep, something right out of Babylon 5! :grin:

I still plan to wait on this one until, it's confirmed there wont be an SA version. While I understand the line isn't where it used to be, surely it can contain more than one version of an old Hero.

Reaction score
Great to see an alternate outfit for Luke so soon after the first - they are making up for the wait of the TFA Luke! Its also cool to see what looks like a removable hood - that's certainly something I'm a fan of.

Reaction score
The hood certainly looks removable.

I dunno, I'm... wait for it... luke warm, on this figure. :D

Reaction score
Is this a flashback Luke or the outfit he wears when he's casual and trains her. If the latter then why was he all fancy dressed when she arrived, kinda dumb. Yeah I suppose he sensed her coming and Han's death, but why the half-baked surprised look and sullen sadness with a lack of dialogue between either one of them.

Reaction score
I may be confusing his outfit that he was wearing in the flashblack/vision in TFA.

Reaction score
The hood certainly looks removable.

I dunno, I'm... wait for it... luke warm, on this figure. :D
it really needs to be because from what I can tell it'll be wildly inaccurate if not. From what I can tell the hood is attached to the poncho which isn't included with his figure, so to be screen accurate I really need to discard the hood too. The hood up look needs the poncho.

Reaction score
it really needs to be because from what I can tell it'll be wildly inaccurate if not. From what I can tell the hood is attached to the poncho which isn't included with his figure, so to be screen accurate I really need to discard the hood too. The hood up look needs the poncho.
Actually maybe not. Maybe that leather looking poncho doesn't also have the hood actually. Maybe it goes over the top of the hood.

Reaction score
I really hope we haven't got one of these situations where Hasbro has got totally​ the wrong colour, cos in those clear promo images this costume totally looks charcoal and not brown like the figure.

Reaction score
Oh wow, that's Grizzly Adams! :eek:

Seriously though, that walking tick makes me thing a Saber blade will eventually go in the end where his hand is.

Reaction score
Yikes, I'm picturing Luke striking his stick on the ground and this huge Force wave ripples out and knocks down the whole Knights of Ren army.
You know, as silly as it may seem. That actually could be cool to see, and be totally believable really. Jedi can use Force push/pull/throw, why wouldn't they be able to channel enough energy to cause a small tremor/shock-wave?

Reaction score
The figure's head/face looks a lil more like Nick Nolte or Tron Legacy Jeff Bridges than Mark,lol.

The outfit looks similar to Kylo's, but Luke's boots seem to remain more of a farmboy Luke style(same thing on the Jedi master figure). His staff looks similar to Maul's faux can and Rey's staff.

Reaction score
I'd almost prefer stuff like that. Luke should have evolved beyond a lightsaber at this point. Luke the emperor in Jedi.
Boy, you have really got a thing about Jedi not using a Jedi weapon. lol
I get what you're going for. But I tend to think that tapping into the Force seriously drains a Jedi, similar to tapping into your Chi. Which would mean you could only use it for a limited time, before needing a refueling of energy. Rest and mediation?
Force Powers such as Lightning should be the game ender, not the opening act.

And Yoda with his gimer stick
Hey, that thing has a sharp end on it! He could literally have used it as a weapon using Force throw.

Reaction score
Ouch. This isn't a likeness of Hamill at all. How'd they get the "Master Luke" so right and this one so wrong?

Reaction score
Interesting to note that old Obi-Wan (the recent ones) is practically spot on if we assume these figures have the same degree of 'offness' in their headsculpts.

Reaction score
Boy, you have really got a thing about Jedi not using a Jedi weapon. lol
I get what you're going for. But I tend to think that tapping into the Force seriously drains a Jedi, similar to tapping into your Chi. Which would mean you could only use it for a limited time, before needing a refueling of energy. Rest and mediation?
Force Powers such as Lightning should be the game ender, not the opening act.

Hey, that thing has a sharp end on it! He could literally have used it as a weapon using Force throw.
I agree with you on the draining force power idea. I've always had that impression as well. I guess I'm just looking for something new and different. When the emperor first zapped Luke with lightning it was a woah moment. Like Luke you are in over your head here.

I hated how in aotc they approached things backwards. Force lightning first then lightsaber? That doesn't make sense. Force lightning should be the finishing move like you suggested. It's the thing not everyone can do. But nope, we can never have too much lightsaber so gotta have those going every five minutes.

Reaction score
I know it would be too dark for a SW movie, especially under Disney. But you have to wonder, the way Vader liked using Force choke. Could a Jedi totally dismember a person? Similar to how four horsed pull a man apart. Or crush a person into a circular lump of flesh.

Physical manipulation I can understand, bt I never did get Force Lightning. How does one generate it out of thin air? The Force seems to use objects around a person, or physical elements to be altered or hurled. But Lightning? I also suggest that if a Jedi is strong enough, he/she could bring down a mountain. I mean of Palpy can bring the Lightning, somebody should be able to bring the Thunder! lol

I know many people didn't like the aspect of Starkiller bringing down a SD in the Video Game. But I felt it was possible, given the statement Vader makes in ANH.
And ones personal strength/faith in the Force. As well as Yoda's on Dagobah concerning the X-Wing.

Reaction score
I don't see why someone couldn't be pulled apart. That was one element I really liked about TFA, Kylo "freezing" people. It's a use of the force that makes sense given what we have seen before.

Reaction score
I don't really agree that the Force has to be recharged. I think the limits come from the levels of enlightenment (deenlightment for the Dark Side? lol) as well as a predisposition for Force abilities ie real world athletes having varying degrees of physical talent. Another thing to consider is that the Force flows through and binds everything, so if it's everywhere then there's essentially an unlimited amount of the Force to draw from. And finally, I tend to think that the Jedi and Sith know very little about the Force in the grand scheme of things. It took a rogue jedi in Qui Gon to learn of the ability to be "immortal" with the ability to form Force ghosts. Even Yoda didn't know it was possible until after Qui Gon spoke to him through the Force.