Luke Skywalker (Hoth Outfit) - VC95

GNT

Reaction score
Curto has this figure in the confirmed list here

What does everyone want to see in a new Hoth Luke Skywalker figure?

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker (Hoth) - VC**

I'm excited about this one! It was as overdue as Hoth Leia.

I think the main thing it needs would be ball-hips so he can ride the Taun Taun.

I'd like a removable hat too, if they can manage it, but would be happy with a molded one too.

I can't get enough Hoth stuff.

Reaction score

yeah, he needs BJ hips to ride the taun taun, not sure about the removable hat tho, look at General Mcquarrie, he's very goofy looking with his hat on....

Reaction score

No removable hat... fine for the troops, but for Luke, just leave it 'hat on, goggles up'. He's only shown in his Hoth gear without the hat in promo images anyway. Best shot of a good 'look' is for the hat & head to be one sculpt.

BH hips, usual SA elsewhere (swivel waist only, no BH torso). Correct hilt for his belt. Blaster for his holster (er... I think he had his gunbelt on?). Lit saber (again, correct hilt). That's it!

Always puzzled me why the vintage one had that weird rifle... a rifle he couldn't even hold very well

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Always puzzled me why the vintage one had that weird rifle... a rifle he couldn't even hold very well
lol...and this time around they gave that same gun to Dak.

Reaction score

Dak's rifle still works for me... you can give it to your bearded Rebel, who didn't have one in TLC!

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Dak's rifle still works for me... you can give it to your bearded Rebel, who didn't have one in TLC!
Good point. I think I'll do that. Thanks

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Definitely would be nice to get a couple more of those!

I agree about the molded cap but maybe he should get two variants like Hoth Han did, one head sculpt with goggles up and on without them. He needs lit and unlit Lightsaber, Blaster, BJ hips only if they look as good as new DS2 Luke.
Other then that he didn't really have all that much, so it's not like they can give him accessories galore, maybe a Hoth Hanger set piece would be nice.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
No removable hat... fine for the troops, but for Luke, just leave it 'hat on, goggles up'. He's only shown in his Hoth gear without the hat in promo images anyway. Best shot of a good 'look' is for the hat & head to be one sculpt.

BH hips, usual SA elsewhere (swivel waist only, no BH torso). Correct hilt for his belt. Blaster for his holster (er... I think he had his gunbelt on?). Lit saber (again, correct hilt). That's it!

I totally agree with you. Only thing is, have the goggles removable like Hoth Han(how they attach over his eyes and over his cap)

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
I would add two things to your list:
macrobinoculars & an interchangeable "Wampa aftermath" head.(Yeah, I know the later is a pipedream but it'd sure be cool.)

Reaction score

This is my most wanted update, and the vintage card art is utterly epic. If done right, I could easily see this being my favorite figure of the line. Hope the rumor is true.

Reaction score

Spassvogel said:
I'm excited about this one! It was as overdue as Hoth Leia.

I think the main thing it needs would be ball-hips so he can ride the Taun Taun.

I'd like a removable hat too, if they can manage it, but would be happy with a molded one too.

I can't get enough Hoth stuff.
^This. I had a really good feeling that he would come out next year with a new Tauntaun. I can't wait to see this one. I hope he comes on a vintage card, not just with the Tauntaun, although that's fine too.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:

This would be the perfect Hoth Luke in my opinion as well. I really hope this one comes sooner rather than later. He's the number 1 figure on my want list.

Reaction score

I hope this is the next version of Luke we see come out as well. Hoth Luke has been long over due. I had the SAGA version, and where as I liked that figure, I hope this version doesn't have Wampa damage.

Vintage card will look beautiful!

Reaction score

DSIILuke said:
I hope this is the next version of Luke we see come out as well. Hoth Luke has been long over due. I had the SAGA version, and where as I liked that figure, I hope this version doesn't have Wampa damage.

Vintage card will look beautiful!
I have the Hoth Luke that came in the set with the Wampa. (the TRU exclusive set). No knees, no elbows, and that really weird neck, that made the head look partially disconnected from the top of the torso.

The sculpt itself wasn't bad, but you couldn't really do much with the fig.

Reaction score

Yes please! This figure is long over-due now and I am confident Hasbro will make this one a real gem.

Reaction score

Just not majorly fussed about Hoth Luke really. I'll buy him but it holds no great excitement for me like it seems to for everyone else. He was only in this outfit for a relatively short time and only whilst alone out in the frozen plains of Hoth, never in echo base. Its not a great diorama version of Luke.

Reaction score

This vintage card is my favorite out of ALL of them. So yeah, I want him.

Reaction score

Devo said:
He was only in this outfit for a relatively short time and only whilst alone out in the frozen plains of Hoth, never in echo base. Its not a great diorama version of Luke.
Bite your tounge.

Luke wasn't the only rebel to wear the outfit. In the Hangar bay, another rebel is wearing the outfit while sitting on a maintenance platform over an x-wing.

So I want a removable hat too, so other rebels can sport the cool outfit.

Maybe only pilots wore that uniform. It's just like Luke's "Bespin" outfit. You guys do know that the Khaki outfit is actually the pilot's standard uniform. They just don't walk around in their pilot gear all the time you know.

Reaction score

Its about time, i've wanted a Hoth Luke for ages, i havent been able to get the last one that was made at all. I would like a removable hat too, i remember that the Deck Officer that Han asked if he knew if Luke had returned was dressed the same or similar to Hoth Luke.

Reaction score

I remember having the vintage Hoth Luke as a kid, and he was one of my favorites. I have yet to purchase another one since I have not liked ANY of the ones they put out since (then again I was 4 at the time). They succeeded with the new Luke in Bespin fatigues, I hope they can hit one out of the park for this figure as well.

Reaction score

Very excited to see a really great SA sculpt of him on the pegs with a vintage card! C'mon Hasbro keep your recent high standard of Luke facial sculpts up.

Reaction score

I think I will probably wait till they release him paired with the new Taun Taun.

P.S.: I love the headsculpt, actually basically the whole sculpt of the SAGA Hoth Luke. The articulation is lacking for modern standards, but back then it was one of the few ball-jointed Star Wars figures available.

Reaction score

Tyranusspotting said:
I think I will probably wait till they release him paired with the new Taun Taun.

P.S.: I love the headsculpt, actually basically the whole sculpt of the SAGA Hoth Luke. The articulation is lacking for modern standards, but back then it was one of the few ball-jointed Star Wars figures available.

If they include ball jointed hips on this Luke (which they should), then I would hope for a generic Hoth rebel with the Tauntaun. Maybe that's just a pipe dream of mine, but the generic officers who are attending to the Tauntaun's when Han goes off to search for Luke would be cool. Or, maybe they'll revisit Han and add ball jointed hips on that figure.

Either way, a single card Hoth Luke will be sweet. Saber and saber hilt are a must, and I'd also like to see his binoculars included.

Reaction score

This should have been included with the ESB wave along with Bespin Han Solo. Anyway, I am certainly looking forward to this one being released. Yeah, hopefully he can sit on the Tauntaun.

Reaction score

Darth_Broem said:
This should have been included with the ESB wave along with Bespin Han Solo. Anyway, I am certainly looking forward to this one being released. Yeah, hopefully he can sit on the Tauntaun.

I'm glad they didn't put both Hoth Luke and Bespin Han in one wave. Where as they're both better choices over the new, awesome Bespin Luke and the not so awesome Han overcoat figures, both of those figures meshed well and at least Bespin Luke was a great surprise, re-sculpt or not.

Hoth Luke and Bespin Han are both highly wanted figures, enough to anchor mixed waves coupled with other higher end characters from the PT/EU.

I'm also super happy they've waited this long to do at least Bespin Han. Much like DS2 Luke (whom they FINALLY got right), I hope they take their time and he is on par with DS2 Luke. This is my most anticipated version of Han (outside a straight repack of VOTC Han) and Hoth Luke is probably (now) my most anticipated non-ROTJ version of Luke.

Either way, I'm looking forward to mixed waves, as well as Hoth Luke.

Reaction score

I'm far from an expert, but could it not also mean Luke in the snowspeeder jump suit ? It was just released in the Legacy Collection (and Legends) & would seem like a logical repack in the Vintage line for the snowspeeder thats been released and soon to be re-re-leased.

Or does "Hoth" mean the Taun Taun ridin' suit 100% ?

Reaction score

I'm guessing this is the actual Hoth Gear. It's been at the tops of the Wishlist polls for some time now too, so Hasbro knows we are requesting this verison.

Reaction score

Don't want to start a new thread on the announced Luke Skywalker until we have more specifics, so I'll bump the threads that we have so far.

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
Don't want to start a new thread on the announced Luke Skywalker until we have more specifics, so I'll bump the threads that we have so far.
wait, you think the W5 Luke is a hoth one? I hope you are right. But I was assuming the Han was the "new" figure - Bespin.

Reaction score

I know this is the variant that I'm hoping for in 2011 W3 - there's an unspecified Luke, could this be it?

'78

Reaction score

I'd love to see an SA version with perhaps a sorta of removable soft goods mouth piece, removable goggles, his blaster with working holster, lightsaber hilt (correct ESB version) ignited lightsaber (again correct ESB version)and the ability to ride a tauntaun... that would be awesome.

Reaction score

Even if it is a rumor...

About damn time Hoth Luke is coming soon.

I'm tired of the gazillionth Return of the Jedi Luke Skywalker figures. The 30th anniversary Jabba's Palace Luke figure is still the best.

It's Hoth Luke's time now