Luke Skywalker (Hoth) - Archive Line

Reaction score
Like you still on the fence, I have the original beast sets also and just can't seem to make the jump. The Han jacket color variations are just annoying.
Now, aside from Hoth Han in general being WAYYY too tall of a figure, I've been tempted by the brown jacket one. I always kinda liked that. Plus, I never really liked the Hoth Han figure so much. Only bought it so luke could have a TaunTaun, even though I know it's a different looking Tauntaun. But yeah, deciding which brown to get if I see them both at the same time, that would be annoying.

Reaction score
Yeah they really didn't do so well on this one, I look at the original and ask myself why I want to replace it. Say, Dak welding in the background is inspired work as always. I like anything Hothy.
They also gave him the wrong lightsaber. It's the Ep3 Anakin sculpt for some reason

Reaction score
What's the difference?

In case you're not aware, the original saber was made out of a graflex camera flash with a bunch of **** bolted on (like rubber sliding drawer guides for the grips).

The prop was falling apart when it came time to make Empire. So some changes were made to it. They bolted down the grips to keep them secure, replaced what's known as "the glass eye" on one side of the flash with another red power button (which the original, functional one was already on the opposite side of that glass eye). And a few other tweaks and replacement parts. The Empire hilt is distinctively different because of this.

The Prequel version however is a straight, custom fabricated prop made from scratch. You see the general shape looks like the originals silhouette. It's much thinner and streamlined.

For example, the "control box" on the center of the hilt was originally the camera clamp where flash would attach to the camera. The clamp lever was flipped upside-down and the clamp gap was filled in with calculator parts on the saber prop. On the Ep3 version, that clamp area is now just a fabricated control box. The original flash clamp lever was reimagined as that ornate gold switch you see. That entire section no longer resembles the original clamp.

And Hasbro has actually always taken these details into account. On all of their Luke/Rey figures, in both scales, they accurately model that saber based on each respective film. But if you look at this Luke's saber and that chart, you can see they just repainted the Ep3 Anakin sculpt for some reason for this figure.

Reaction score

In case you're not aware, the original saber was made out of a graflex camera flash with a bunch of **** bolted on (like rubber sliding drawer guides for the grips).

The prop was falling apart when it came time to make Empire. So some changes were made to it. They bolted down the grips to keep them secure, replaced what's known as "the glass eye" on one side of the flash with another red power button (which the original, functional one was already on the opposite side of that glass eye). And a few other tweaks and replacement parts. The Empire hilt is distinctively different because of this.

The Prequel version however is a straight, custom fabricated prop made from scratch. You see the general shape looks like the originals silhouette. It's much thinner and streamlined.

For example, the "control box" on the center of the hilt was originally the camera clamp where flash would attach to the camera. The clamp lever was flipped upside-down and the clamp gap was filled in with calculator parts on the saber prop. On the Ep3 version, that clamp area is now just a fabricated control box. The original flash clamp lever was reimagined as that ornate gold switch you see. That entire section no longer resembles the original clamp.

And Hasbro has actually always taken these details into account. On all of their Luke/Rey figures, in both scales, they accurately model that saber based on each respective film. But if you look at this Luke's saber and that chart, you can see they just repainted the Ep3 Anakin sculpt for some reason for this figure.
I knew about the Graflex, but never really dug into the details and differences, but there's alot by the looks of it.
Thank you :)

Reaction score
I knew about the Graflex, but never really dug into the details and differences, but there's alot by the looks of it.
Thank you :)
No problem! It just stuck out to me as weird because Hasbro does have an Empire hilt that the Bespin Luke has. And they tried painting the glass eye section on this hilt red, to make it look like the second red power button that it SHOULD have. And it just looks funny lol.

Reaction score
The first time I saw this figure there was only one, so I grabbed him. His eyes were good but not great, so I held off on opening him. I later found one with better eyes so I’ll be returning the first one. This is definitely one where it pays to shop around for the best looking one.
Sounds similar to my experience with the Luke/Yoda 2-pack. I refrained from opening it in case I found one with the hair placed better on Luke. I must have bought and returned him at least 3-4 times before settling on a decent one. Some stores had 6-7 on the shelf and every single one of them was jacked up.

Reaction score
No problem! It just stuck out to me as weird because Hasbro does have an Empire hilt that the Bespin Luke has. And they tried painting the glass eye section on this hilt red, to make it look like the second red power button that it SHOULD have. And it just looks funny lol.
It's Hasbro, so I'm guessing it was purely a cost decision to use the gummier gray plastic from the Anakin figure, because it allowed them to avoid a silver/chrome-y paint app over the entire hilt. They did have to adjust its design ever so slightly though, because the Anakin saber used a peg that sticks into the beltline rather than the ring/notch system of Hoth Luke's belt.

Reaction score
Has anyone cut the face off of snowspeeder Luke and used it for Hoth Luke?
I’ve seen quite a bit of people who have done it on Instagram. Looks good and I’m gonna do it as well! I’ve also seen where people have taken the neck and head from hoth rebel trooper and added Snowspeeder Luke’s face and popped it on Hoth Luke’s body, that’s likely the route I’m gonna go.

Reaction score
the all new Black series limited editions 6" Star Wars" Frankenstein series". On the box front from Hasbro-"Make your own Star Wars figures better than we do with the all new parts and pieces from multiple Star Wars black series castings." It's a shame all of this has to be done to make a decent figure. So much Nice work out their from so many customizers. They make Hasbro's junk look like toys..... 🤖

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it look like the eyes are printed slightly off center on all of these? They all seem like his right eye is too close to his nose and his left eye is a bit farther away. And the nose seems slightly crooked.
I looked at five of these today in store and they were all the same in terms of the eye print. I got one anyway :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
I’ve seen quite a bit of people who have done it on Instagram. Looks good and I’m gonna do it as well! I’ve also seen where people have taken the neck and head from hoth rebel trooper and added Snowspeeder Luke’s face and popped it on Hoth Luke’s body, that’s likely the route I’m gonna go.
Probably my next project. I already gave him the saber from an extra Degobah Luke I had as well as some goggles from a Rebel solder. I think Cuting off the face and replacing it with the spare face from Snowspeeder Luke is a good idea. Especially now that I replaced Snowspeeder Luke's Head with said Degobah Luke's. That face that he comes with is terrible. He has the wounds form the Wompa attack, but they left them fleash colored? WTF Hasbro? Lazy.

Attachments

Reaction score
Probably my next project. I already gave him the saber from an extra Degobah Luke I had as well as some goggles from a Rebel solder. I think Cuting off the face and replacing it with the spare face from Snowspeeder Luke is a good idea. Especially now that I replaced Snowspeeder Luke's Head with said Degobah Luke's. That face that he comes with is terrible. He has the wounds form the Wompa attack, but they left them fleash colored? WTF Hasbro? Lazy.
Did you have to do any modding to put the Dagobah head on the snowspeeder body?

Reaction score
Did you have to do any modding to put the Dagobah head on the snowspeeder body?
Well the pin on the ball joint at the base of the Degobah head is too small for the snowspeeder neck. So you have too use the Degobah neck as well. Which is too long because it's from a shirtless body. You can do it but it looks like his neck is way too long, and he wouldn't fit in my Black series snowspeeder anymore. So, you have to cut the base of the neck down like 5cm. Unfortunately afterwards it won't fit on the peg anymore, so I just gutted it out and glued the neck into the base of his orange hood. He loses the articulation at that joint, but you retain the ball joint at the base of his skull, so you still can turn his head and tilt it. I didn't mind loosing this little bit of articulation personally but your mileage may very. Plus his helmet does fit on the Degobah head perfectly.

Reaction score
Well the pin on the ball joint at the base of the Degobah head is too small for the snowspeeder neck. So you have too use the Degobah neck as well. Which is too long because it's from a shirtless body. You can do it but it looks like his neck is way too long, and he wouldn't fit in my Black series snowspeeder anymore. So, you have to cut the base of the neck down like 5cm. Unfortunately afterwards it won't fit on the peg anymore, so I just gutted it out and glued the neck into the base of his orange hood. He loses the articulation at that joint, but you retain the ball joint at the base of his skull, so you still can turn his head and tilt it. I didn't mind loosing this little bit of articulation personally but your mileage may very. Plus his helmet does fit on the Degobah head perfectly.
I have a snowspeeder Luke body with Yavin Luke head in and it was an easy swap and looks pretty good. Makes me think of Super ESB for the Suoer NES. But I really like the Dagobah head too.

Reaction score
I have a snowspeeder Luke body with Yavin Luke head in and it was an easy swap and looks pretty good. Makes me think of Super ESB for the Suoer NES. But I really like the Dagobah head too.
I really like the sculpt on the Degobah head. With the wet hair I think It looks the most like Mark from ESB. I would like to replace my Bespin Luke's head with it as well. If I come across another Degobah Luke I will pick it up so I can do just that! LOL! I have seen people replace the Jedi Knight Luke's head with the Bespin one while keeping the Jedi Knight Luke's hair. This looks good as well IMO.

Reaction score
I really like the sculpt on the Degobah head. With the wet hair I think It looks the most like Mark from ESB. I would like to replace my Bespin Luke's head with it as well. If I come across another Degobah Luke I will pick it up so I can do just that! LOL! I have seen people replace the Jedi Knight Luke's head with the Bespin one while keeping the Jedi Knight Luke's hair. This looks good as well IMO.
I love those pictures of the Bespin head with Jedi Luke hair. I'd be nervous about getting the hair apart from the head without damaging something though.

Reaction score
I love those pictures of the Bespin head with Jedi Luke hair. I'd be nervous about getting the hair apart from the head without damaging something though.
Not that hard. Just gotta make sure you heat it up hot enough and slowly peel away. I had to remove my Dagobah Luke hair and reglue cause Hasbro screwed it up.

Before:

After:

Reaction score
yeah, I guess you have to heat it up a lot and then pry the hair off. It's glued on, so you need to be careful.

Reaction score
Not that hard. Just gotta make sure you heat it up hot enough and slowly peel away. I had to remove my Dagobah Luke hair and reglue cause Hasbro screwed it up.

Before:

After:
When you did this did you pry the hair of from the back or the front (or does it even matter)?

Reaction score
When you did this did you pry the hair of from the back or the front (or does it even matter)?
I don't remember. I think it was the front because it was so high, I was actually able to see a gap from the top of his actual head to the hair so I worked the screwdriver into there and started prying from that point. Normally, I would do it from the back though.