Luke Skywalker (Hoth) - Archive Line

Reaction score
So which other of the 3 Luke’s would you remove in the 40th collection to add this one? I’d love to seen it as an exclusive of some kind maybe.
Easy one, Dagobah of course. Its the same figure as the 2pack and it was never released in vintage to justify a vintage-look card.
Snowspeeder Luke the same, and it was released shortly after in nu-box

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
If I see this Luke in a store, I'll decide whether or not I want him. I had already used 2 of this mold for custom Hoth soldiers, years ago. If they had added articulation to him (butterfly joints, or at the very least wrist movement) I might have been willing to pre-order, as is though, I'm probably just going to pass on him

Reaction score
Easy one, Dagobah of course. Its the same figure as the 2pack and it was never released in vintage to justify a vintage-look card.
Snowspeeder Luke the same, and it was released shortly after in nu-box
^this. Bespin Luke and Hoth Luke were part of the original Vintage line. Snowspeeder Luke and Dagobah Luke weren’t.

The whole 40th line was really weirdly handled this time. For ANH they gave us the original 12 figures from the Vintage line, which resulted in some re-releases and some new sculpts. For ESB there was no real rhyme or reason to what they did. They gave us some new sculpts that were never part of the Vintage line, and had some existing sculpts that would have been perfect on Vintage card that they didn’t release.

Glad we got Snowspeeder Luke and Dagobah Luke, but they would have been fine as simple new releases in normal packaging to coincide with the 40th anniversary of ESB. Would have preferred the Vintage cards go to rereleases of Hoth Luke or Hoth Han or Bossk or IG-88 or Dengar and have the new tooling go to Bespin Gown Leia or a Bespin Guard or Lobot.

Reaction score
Up for preorder on DS

Reaction score
I wish he came with goggles. That's my only complaint on this figure. I was looking online trying to find a picture of a Hoth Rebel Soldier without goggles. If I eventually find that picture, then I'll get another one to display without goggles so Luke can have his goggles.

Reaction score
I wish he came with goggles. That's my only complaint on this figure. I was looking online trying to find a picture of a Hoth Rebel Soldier without goggles. If I eventually find that picture, then I'll get another one to display without goggles so Luke can have his goggles.
I found two pictures which might justify taking a pair of goggles from a Hoth Rebel Soldier. The first is from the movie, but the soldier is inside the base. The second is a group picture of the men playing Hoth Rebel Soldiers. Two of the men in the background aren't wearing goggles or hats.

Hoth-Vests-2400x1200-459688079962.jpg11e74bc9fb3ac45ed149ec9d9e44a745.jpg

Reaction score
Han's jacket looks blue in that 1st picture...haha.

On a serious note, that Rebel Trooper though is in the officer's uniform. I have yet to see an actual 'grunt' on the battlefield without goggles.

Also, That picture shows exactly what I wish Hasbro would have given us extra with the Hoth Han: an extra hood in the down position to have alternate ways of displaying him.

Reaction score
Doesn't look like there is any updated articulation to the original figure; which was pretty poor to begin with.

Is there?

Reaction score
I had been working on upgrading the original release when the Archive release was announced...
(these were taken back in September)
0FB07FB5-8881-4BB9-A31F-168A379FAE44.jpeg
Planned to repaint & weather it (most importantly get rid of the glossy finish), added longer scarf cloth with better material

Cut the face piece off an extra 40th Bespin Luke & removed the face from the Hoth head...
8A3281E9-B0FF-4704-9AA1-C7A83325382F.jpeg

The Bespin face on the Hoth head. & Bespin neck to replace removed neck swivel post from the Hoth figure.
9D56FC97-FBD3-410F-9D6A-FDB79F9D649D.jpeg

Still needs a little precision clean up & then finish painting. Also since I stopped working on it I had finished a Dagobah landing custom that had the Hoth gloves leftover (from being removed from the Snowspeeder Luke). Those have wrist articulation & will work for this figure.

bac

Reaction score

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Thanks pal- I thought that was the one I put in Popfindr, and I got a message about PS5 not being available. I may have put in the wrong code..?

Reaction score
Saw two of this guy at my local walmart - passed (for now). one had really wonky eyes, and the other looked ok. Not the best luke likeness, but not as bad as pics made it look.

Han, on the other hand, is nice. It was the corrected color brown, though the color gives it a very plastic-y look - may try to do a dull coat to dial that down.

Reaction score
Likewise, both Popfindr and Brickseek have not been working for me. Its probably been a month now.

Reaction score
Finally found this wave today. Luke and Han were all I was wanting, fortunately that was all they had. Picked up an extra Hoth Trooper during the Gamestop promotion (buy 5 figures, get a 6th free) since I couldn't find anything new to use it on. Gave Luke his goggles. I feel like I got one with pretty decent paint apps...got lucky as he was the only one that they had.

20210115_143009_resized (2).jpg

Weird thing about this one though...both of his forearms were rotated backwards when I opened him. Hands and upper arms were straight.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Weird thing about this one though...both of his forearms were rotated backwards when I opened him. Hands and upper arms were straight.
That’s exactly how the Han Hoth that I bought was! I’m skipping this one though; I actually think the first version looks more like Luke than this archive version does. Plus, no goggles or uniform repaint at all.

Reaction score
Looks good with the googles. I'll probably pick this one up eventually since it's technically different from the Wampa release by virtue of not having a scar.

Reaction score
Ranking the Lukes in this line mostly comes down to how well the face sculpt resembles Mark Hamill, I think, but it’s hard to overstate what a game-changer the butterfly joints are for lightsaber-wielding characters. On both accounts I’d place Dagobah Training Luke (w/ Yoda) as the best Luke in the line.

Oh, and the answer’s no, you can’t have too many Lukes! 🤓

Reaction score
Yeah, if this is supposed to be the pre-wampa attack Luke, which I assume it is since they didn't paint in the damage, then you would think they would have thrown in the goggles. I also wish they would have included the lightsaber from the Snowspeeder Luke, the one with the angled D-ring. This one just doesn't hang right when on his belt.

Reaction score
Yeah, if this is supposed to be the pre-wampa attack Luke, which I assume it is since they didn't paint in the damage, then you would think they would have thrown in the goggles. I also wish they would have included the lightsaber from the Snowspeeder Luke, the one with the angled D-ring. This one just doesn't hang right when on his belt.
Forgot that I had a spare saber from Dagobah Luke, much happier with this now:

20210119_141832_resized (2).jpg

Reaction score
Ah, I should switch mine out as well. I don't like the color of the one they included, its too dark, muted.