Luke Skywalker (Hoth) - Archive Line

Reaction score
This makes sense as an archive line release. I'll probably get one even though I got the Luke/Wampa when it originally came out.

Reaction score
Excited for this one and Han. I've wanted to see them in this line since it started! They should have been in the ESB 40th line, I agree. I have the ones that came with the Taun Taun and Wampa, but it's good to see them released as singles and glad they have some updates/differences to justify me buying them.

Reaction score
The scars are just painted on. I do wish they had included his goggles this time around, they could have just thrown in a pair from the Hoth Trooper. Guess one of my troopers will have to donate his.

Reaction score
Ill pass on Luke,, which is crazy because I am a Hoth guy... Han looks much better IMO.

Reaction score
If this is pre-wampa, why isn’t it in the main line with goggles? I guess we can also get sorta new figures in the Archive line?

Reaction score
Pretty happy this is being re-released, as I'm trying to collect every Luke and started after this had become really expensive. Had been disappointed he never showed up with the 40th line!

Reaction score
So I'm thinking this will be the first, new-visage of Luke where the skin tone is entirely painted then photo-real is applied?
Interested to see how that goes...

Reaction score
You could use a Hoth Trooper's goggles on this figure.
Yeah, I know. I’m still not sure if he’s with or without wampa damage. One picture he looks fine, two pictures later he looks messed up. If they decided to go pre-wampa he should have all the accessories. Honestly I don‘t think Hasbro has done a good Hoth Luke since POTF2, and I want a BS Hoth Luke as good as the Hoth Rebel.

Reaction score
So I'm thinking this will be the first, new-visage of Luke where the skin tone is entirely painted then photo-real is applied?
Interested to see how that goes...
Archive X-Wing Luke had photo-real on a painted face. It came out better than the original, not as good as photo-real on flesh colored plastic.

Reaction score
Yep. I believe there have been a couple others as well (Anakin maybe?) that they applied the photo real to a painted head sculpt. TBH though, even when they apply it to an unpainted, older, sculpt it never seems to work quite as well as a new sculpt that was sculpted with phot real in mind. ESB Lando is the perfect example. The 40th anniversary figure looks a lot better than the original but still not quite as good as Skiff Guard Lando.

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I’m still not sure if he’s with or without wampa damage. One picture he looks fine, two pictures later he looks messed up. If they decided to go pre-wampa he should have all the accessories. Honestly I don‘t think Hasbro has done a good Hoth Luke since POTF2, and I want a BS Hoth Luke as good as the Hoth Rebel.
The original does have scarring on the right side of his face in the sculpt, with painted blood. So even with photoreal and without the painted blood he'll have some scarring.

They should have thrown in the goggles especially now that they have them produced for the Hoth Trooper.

So now I must buy a hoth trooper to have this figure look complete like the box art? 🧐
Good point! I didn't notice that until you pointed it out.

Reaction score
The original does have scarring on the right side of his face in the sculpt, with painted blood.
The original had such an ugly paint job that I never noticed it had scarring in the sculpt. I thought it was all painted on.

Reaction score
He looks like he just woke up from a heavy nap :D
The carded image has way better flesh tones than the glam images though. Hmm.

Reaction score
There really seems to be a lot of Luke releases over the last year or so. Hopefully with most of the main characters fleshed out we will get more backgrounders.

Reaction score
This figure could’ve used an update to his body, I saw ESB in a theater last night and Luke’s got some bulk in his Hoth coat!

Reaction score
Still confused as to why this wasn’t part of the ESB 40th line
So which other of the 3 Luke’s would you remove in the 40th collection to add this one? I’d love to seen it as an exclusive of some kind maybe.