Luke Skywalker (Heir to the Empire)

Reaction score
Say they did this figure "right" by you guys - what would it look like? The more I think about it the more I wonder if I'd really be happy about them spending any budget on sculpting brand new generic black tank tops and pants...

It's not that, it's the choice they made. Their are so many better expanded universe Luke's they could have made..... 🤖

Reaction score
Say they did this figure "right" by you guys - what would it look like? The more I think about it the more I wonder if I'd really be happy about them spending any budget on sculpting brand new generic black tank tops and pants...
Hm,... all I´d change would be a adding the Endor Luke Head, add utility belt and change the boots

Reaction score

If they were going to so completely reuse the Dagobah sculpt, this needed three things: a belt that distinguished the figure, a hairpiece that matches the artwork better, and perhaps a black Jedi cape as well.

And I don't even care that much about the cape. However, if another Luke's legs would have looked better, I wish they would have used them. So the only new parts they needed were a hairpiece and a belt, and they might even have been able to reuse a belt from another figure.

Reaction score
A good thing about this figure is that it slightly increases the chance that they'll make a Mara Jade to go with him.
Knowing Hasbro, this figure won't sell well and they'll claim there isn't consumer support of 'Legends' product.
Couldn't possibly be because its an impressively lazy repaint/repack.
And again... I'm not saying I'm not going to buy it. lol.

Reaction score
While I agree that this seems to be their "go to" excuse, Jaina Solo sold pretty well. At least from hat I saw, so I think Mara is very likely/possible given they only need to rework that sculpt with a new head. Spending Money on an all new sculpt for such EU characters seems unlikely but when is comes to 90% reuse the chances increase significantly, especially with popular ones like Mara. Heck if they'll take chances on Jaxxon is anyone really off the table now? Of course that's all said before the smoke settles and we see that figure pegwarming as badly as Jannah. lol

Reaction score
I'm sure that's certainly a possibility for them to do since it's easy enough, I also wouldn't be surprised if they Dark Empire Luke judging by the looks of this figure.

Reaction score
I don’t mind the figure as long as they get the hair placement right, and the eye / eyebrow paint apps more accurate than the previous releases of the sculpt. I think a belt woulda gone a LONG way. Great face paint apps and a belt. That’d lock it for me

Reaction score
Knowing Hasbro, this figure won't sell well and they'll claim there isn't consumer support of 'Legends' product.
Couldn't possibly be because its an impressively lazy repaint/repack.
And again... I'm not saying I'm not going to buy it. lol.
I can't count the number of good toy lines that were tanked by poor management decisions (just like movies ruined by directors/producers/studios), only for the company to assume it must be that no one is interested in the property. It couldn't possibly be their fault. Classic narcissism.

Reaction score
I can't count the number of good toy lines that were tanked by poor management decisions (just like movies ruined by directors/producers/studios), only for the company to assume it must be that no one is interested in the property. It couldn't possibly be their fault. Classic narcissism.
The playsets are an excellent example this. For years we were told playsets didn't sell. But if you look at the offerings, POTF2 DS chunks, Carbon Freezing chamber (marginal), rickety Naboo sets, Geonosis arena (the exception), Mustafar.... they were all basically crap.
Then low and behold they start dropping nice little shelf size sets, scene specific with some modularity to them and they come with a figure, and AMAZINGLY there's customer support now.

Back when they were doing Q&A's I even submitted the questions before about if its possible to Hasbro that playsets haven't sold well because they haven't been very good. Never got through though.

Reaction score
The playsets are an excellent example this. For years we were told playsets didn't sell. But if you look at the offerings, POTF2 DS chunks, Carbon Freezing chamber (marginal), rickety Naboo sets, Geonosis arena (the exception), Mustafar.... they were all basically crap.

I agree. If you look at other 6" and 1/12 lines, they sell loads of diorama pieces, and accessories. Play sets could sell.... as long as they are well made, of course. Republic and Imperial ship interiors for example, all have similar looking designs.

Reaction score
No greater sin than Disney's handling of John Carter of Mars IMO. It's like they immediately gave up on it before it was even released simply because they knew they were already getting Star Wars, a new Franchise to ruin...
And it pains me to think of it every time I watch the movie, it had so much promise.

Reaction score
No greater sin than Disney's handling of John Carter of Mars IMO. It's like they immediately gave up on it before it was even released simply because they knew they were already getting Star Wars, a new Franchise to ruin...
And it pains me to think of it every time I watch the movie, it had so much promise.

Much the same with Tron Legacy.

Reaction score
Anyone know of a good black belt that would go with this figure ?

I posted this on the first page but I just put a Bespin Luke belt on my Dagobah Luke. Might work on this new one too.

RCu0Ye5.jpg

I was on the fence leaning towards getting it cause of the Ysalamiri but they are $37.99 CDN so no thanks. The increase to $32.99 already sucked enough, but the extra $5 cash grab is too much.

Reaction score
That movie was the second movie I've ever regretted buying.

Reaction score
I posted this on the first page but I just put a Bespin Luke belt on my Dagobah Luke. Might work on this new one too.

RCu0Ye5.jpg

I was on the fence leaning towards getting it cause of the Ysalamiri but they are $37.99 CDN so no thanks. The increase to $32.99 already sucked enough, but the extra $5 cash grab is too much.

My local comic store is selling Dagobah Luke for €15 and this repaint for €29.99 :unsure:

Reaction score
To each their own, but I felt that it was better than all three PT movies combined as well as several others of that actual era.

Yeah, I really enjoyed John Carter. Saw it in theaters and bought in on disc. Perhaps most people's unfamiliarity with the source material contributed to it's poor reception.

Reaction score
Yeah, I really enjoyed John Carter. Saw it in theaters and bought in on disc. Perhaps most people's unfamiliarity with the source material contributed to it's poor reception.
Me too, altough being unfamiliar with the source. All I knew where a few issues of the Princess ( forgot her name ) comics 😉
I enjoyed the movie and still hope they would continued at some point, due the obvious open end

Reaction score
So the legs, from waist to toes, on Dagobah Luke and this Luke are the EXACT (minus scale) source sculpt as the HyperReal Luke, they’ve just mirrored the sculpt to kinda throw everyone off noticing immediately. I don’t see why they aren’t using the head sculpts as well. Especially on this release, just to mix it up a bit. Or even for the bespin Luke release, why didn’t they. So strange.

Reaction score
I don't really care for this. However, I may have considered picking him up if they gave him a belt. Kinda like this.

RCu0Ye5.jpg

I know it's not accurate but at least I get the perception of better value just cause he won't look so plain. I'm talking about the belt, not the backpack.
Was that belt fairly easy to remove from Bespin Luke? I assume you just slowly eased it off.

Reaction score
Shout out to 'The Force is with Jesse' over on YouTube who has an In hand review and yeah (Jump to 6:20) the Ysalamiri goes great with the Thrawn figure!

Reaction score
I doubt it was cut for budget reasons, but simply for the fact they could drag it out and force you to buy a future repack we likely wouldn't have. As much as I think the Ysalamiri is neat I will wait for this figure to hit clearance, or I simply won't have one.

I do give them kudos for trying to be imaginative with releases especially of long forgotten EU, I just feel this particular figure was a waste.

Reaction score
Wow. It's almost like the piece was designed to go with Thrawn and then cut for budget reasons. Then thrown in this set to compel us to buy an otherwise lazy repaint.
during the reveal-event it was confirmed, that the Ysalamiri was actualy designed to fit Thrawn, kind of a nod to the original vision of the character and the first-ever 3.75 release back during POTF2 line

Makes me wonder, if they even considered making Thrawn w/ Ysalamiri with this new comicbook line, and would have spend his Archive spot to another figure instead

Last edited:
Reaction score
The Ysalamari fits thrawn great for the most part. I definitely want to heat it and shape it a little more though. It BARELY hangs on with a friction fit and you really have to find a sweet spot for it to lay decently on his shoulders.

dCP2LoO.jpg

Either way right out of the box, I'm not 100% satisfied with how it interacts with Thrawn.

I grabbed a Marvel Legends belt off of ebay and put it on my Luke. I'll post some pics soon.

YHFl1wb.jpg

Probably gonna repaint the belt. I thought it was a light black but its a dark brown. Bit I'm definitely going to cover up the buckle

It's also a little bulkier than I would have liked. In that Marvel Legends comics pouches kind of way. But I'll see how I feel after taking some pics of it.