Luke Skywalker DT lightsaber fair value?

Reaction score
Hey there collecting gurus, newbie here...

The nice folks over at TFN suggested I try asking this question on Rebelscum, so here goes...

I have an original Kenner Luke Skywalker action figure with double-telescoping lightsaber that I put up for auction on eBay yesterday, but I have no idea what it might be worth. According to eBay history, items like this sell for anywhere between $100 and $1,200 or more.

The one I'm selling is in near-mint condition, with a nearly perfect DT lightsaber (no kinks or bends in it of any kind). So I'm assuming that means I should expect to receive a price towards the higher end of that price range? Perhaps even more?

I just want to be sure I don't get ripped off because I know I will never be able to replace it with another one in such fine condition. Can anyone give me an idea of what I should expect to get for it? I'm nervous that it's worth more than I realize and that I shouldn't even be trying to sell it on eBay in the first place!

Thanks for your input!

Reaction score
For a piece like that your best bet might be to take lots of clear, sharp pictures from multiple angles and auction it on eBay. Or you can try the reverse auction approach of setting an optimistic BIN price and opening it to offers.

You'll get a good price you can be happy with, try not to worry about getting every last nickel out of it.

Reaction score
Thanks greekgeek. I'm not trying to milk every penny out of it, I just want to be sure I get a fair price. I have lots of photos and even shot a video (which I linked to in the auction).

But you know how sometimes there's some sort of marking or other indicator that an item is a special variation that is worth far more than most of its counterparts, and you don't know about it nor do most collectors but there's one guy or gal out there who spots it and buys the item for a fraction of what it's really worth then turns around and resells it for it's true value?

I've had a couple of those, where I didn't realize I had something that was far more valuable than I was giving it credit for, and wound up accepting much less money than I should have.

Anyway, I won't stress out about it. Thanks for your advice!

Reaction score
Sounds like you are already in an auction, guess I missed that in your OP, good luck with it. The people hunting variations will see it and bid accordingly, if present.