Luke Skywalker - Crait - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
Total Speculation on this one via Yakface, the artist who does all the sketches for the Black Series packaging recently had artwork up on his website which included one for "Luke Skywalker Crait", it has since been taken down. Perhaps we might see this figure in the next year.

Who's up for seeing a Luke Skywalker Crait figure?

Reaction score
I'm definitely up for it. Beyond being a big fan of that scene in the movie, it really opens up the possibilities for other stories that could have taken place in between ROTJ and TFA. Not sure it would take much modding to convert a Crait Luke into the equivalent of Mythos Obi-wan.

Reaction score
I've had the SHF version on pre-order since day one, so I doubt this one will be of much use to me, but I'm glad they're making it. It's a great figure for people like me that despised TLJ to its very core, but always wanted a post-ROTJ Luke figure to have REAL adventures with, not sit around moping and drinking walrus milk.

Reaction score
I hear what you're saying, I hate TLJ but am not against the idea of a cool looking Old Luke figure that my head canon can work with...

Reaction score
I'll download the first camrip that hits the torrent sites and watch it for lulz, but I couldn't give less of a crap about what happens in it.

If The Mandalorian maintains the quality of its pilot, that's all the sequel I'll ever need.

Reaction score
I'll download the first camrip that hits the torrent sites and watch it for lulz, but I couldn't give less of a crap about what happens in it.

If The Mandalorian maintains the quality of its pilot, that's all the sequel I'll ever need.
If what you say is true, please do us a favor and don't constantly rip on Episode 9 or get pissy when people say they liked it.

Reaction score
OK.

I'm mostly here to talk about toys.

But if people are gonna get pissy cause I DON'T like a movie, I don't know what to tell them. I bet there's a movie that I absolutely love and you think is dog crap, but I wouldn't be offended in the slightest if you told me you didn't like it.

There are good toys from bad movies, and bad toys from good movies, you know.

Reaction score
OK.

I'm mostly here to talk about toys.

But if people are gonna get pissy cause I DON'T like a movie, I don't know what to tell them. I bet there's a movie that I absolutely love and you think is dog crap, but I wouldn't be offended in the slightest if you told me you didn't like it.

There are good toys from bad movies, and bad toys from good movies, you know.
It's annoying when people start b itching about some other topic in the toy thread isn't it? You have proven the point of my request.

Reaction score
Would be nice if he came with both blue and green lightsabers but that's not gonna happen.

Reaction score
Has anyone heard if this got shelved or will eventually see the light of day?

Reaction score
I'm sure it will eventually. I think we got all the other figures that were leaked when this art got posted. I think of those, Zeb was the only one that didn't end up using this art because of the new boxes though. Still, it's hard to imagine they'd commission box art for a figure that isn't even in production. I'm assuming they're just holding him back like they did with Zeb.

Reaction score
that being said i know they dont really do 2 packs anymore but i think a flashback luke and Ben solo would sell like HOTCAKES and they wouldnt have to do too much work to make that happen after releasing a Crait Luke.

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting to see Hasbro’s effort on this guy as well. It’s what’s held me back from pulling the trigger on the Figuarts version. We need a good Jedi master Luke figure. That Jedi robe end of ep.7 figure is god awful.

Reaction score
that being said i know they dont really do 2 packs anymore but i think a flashback luke and Ben solo would sell like HOTCAKES and they wouldnt have to do too much work to make that happen after releasing a Crait Luke.

While it isn't exactly this, Yakface posted last week that we may be getting Jedi training Luke and Leia from TROS.

I don't mind the Jedi Master Luke figure. The face just isn't too great on it.

Reaction score
While it isn't exactly this, Yakface posted last week that we may be getting Jedi training Luke and Leia from TROS.

Seconded, I recall reading it was suppose to be a con exclusive or some such "before".

Reaction score
I think the timing makes sense for a set to be a ToyFair exclusive. Or intended as one, at least.

Reaction score

Training Luke and Leia 2 pack would be a hot seller! If it is a exclusive, I hope it’s easier to get.

Reaction score
Personally I'm hoping they're just two regular single-packed figures, but I agree - those two in any instance will be big sellers!

Reaction score
Inspired by watching Mando season 2, I went back and watched the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker again.

I'm not going out of my mind needing a Crait Luke.
If anything I'd rather the white robed Jedi Mater Luke reissued with better face paint tech in the archive line.

Reaction score
Inspired by watching Mando season 2, I went back and watched the Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker again.

I'm not going out of my mind needing a Crait Luke.
If anything I'd rather the white robed Jedi Mater Luke reissued with better face paint tech in the archive line.
Out of curiosity why didn’t you watch TFA?

Reaction score
Out of curiosity why didn’t you watch TFA?
I've watched TFA at least four or five times now, in the theater and on disc, but had only seen TLJ and ROS once in the theater and once on my blu ray copies.
So this was my third viewing of each of the last two sequel trilogy films.

Reaction score
Could they simply reuse the heads from the Endor figures?
They could unless they didn't want the helmets to be removable. Which might be a make or break thing for me if they did do that.

I’d much rather have Crait Luke than RoS training Luke.
I think i would too, but the thing that never sat right with me about that scene was that he didn't use his green lightsaber and I could never find an explanation for why that was.

Reaction score
I think i would too, but the thing that never sat right with me about that scene was that he didn't use his green lightsaber and I could never find an explanation for why that was.
I agree 100%. Ideally Crait Luke would include both his green lightsaber and Anakin’s blue lightsaber, but we all know Hasbro likes to do the bare minimum on accessories for Black Series.

Reaction score
I was hoping after Ep 9 was released, they'd start to dig a little into EU-type stuff and maybe give us something like a Jedi Leia and post-RotJ versions of characters. Crait Luke would have been the perfect spring board into that. But with all the new media coming, I don't see it happening.

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Ideally Crait Luke would include both his green lightsaber and Anakin’s blue lightsaber, but we all know Hasbro likes to do the bare minimum on accessories for Black Series.
I thought I heard somewhere that Luke's intention was to taunt Kylo with the thing he wanted the most.

Reaction score
I don't understand why a green lightsaber would make sense as an accessory for Luke from that scene.

Reaction score
I don't understand why a green lightsaber would make sense as an accessory for Luke from that scene.
It’s that the blue lightsaber never made sense in the scene in the first place. Luke appears to Kylo as a younger version of himself that Kylo would be familiar with, but he’s not using the lightsaber Kylo would expect him to have. He’s using a lightsaber that was just destroyed. It would have made more sense for him to have his green saber.

I love the design of Crait Luke; I think he makes a great older Jedi Luke and his green lightsaber would go great with him.

Reaction score
I thought I heard somewhere that Luke's intention was to taunt Kylo with the thing he wanted the most.
i read that too, but it’s not a satisfying explanation given that Anakin’s lightsaber was just destroyed a few scenes earlier.

Reaction score
I always took the blue lightsaber to be there purely as a hint for the audience that something here was not as it seemed. Kylo was so fixated on Luke that he didn't even notice -- but fans did.

But the taunting theory makes sense. It also makes sense that Ben/Kylo had a vivid association with Luke "attacking" him with the green lightsaber, and so perhaps Luke intentionally did not want to play on that fear by firing up the green (especially as it could push Kylo further toward to the Dark Side).

Too bad the "I'll be seeing you" line never paid off in The Rise of Skywalker. It may have been fun seeing Luke playing inside Kylo's head for a bit, another duel with the Emperor.

Reaction score
Kylo didn't know it was destroyed, or if the explosion was related to it or just where the ship was blowing up. Both Rey and Kylo got knocked out from it and Rey came to first and took the saber.

Reaction score
Too bad the "I'll be seeing you" line never paid off in The Rise of Skywalker. It may have been fun seeing Luke playing inside Kylo's head for a bit.
And it totally WOULD HAVE paid off had Lucasfilm not fired Colin Trevorrow. Biggest mistake they ever made. Colin's script (called "Duel Of The Fates") was pretty effing awesome, at least the first draft that's available online. "TROS" ended up being a dumpster fire. I literally think it's the worst SW movie ever, imo.