Luke Skywalker (Crait) Mini Bust

Reaction score
Hopefully the likeness will be there when it comes to release but at least the prototype shows a promising start. :)

Reaction score
You beat me to the post ! Just saw these on FB. Not bad additions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
How does this look great but their ROTJ SDCC Bust was hideous.

Reaction score
Over a year since the film was released, they finally reveal their first TLJ bust.

They need to get their schedule together. Clone Wars, The Mandolorian and EP9 come out during the fall/winter season. They should start teasing things during the summer and at least have a few products up for pre-order when these shows/movies release.

Saying that, it looks pretty good honestly, if I didn't despise that film, I'd pick it up.

Reaction score
Just for Men Luke doesn’t look bad, but I would only buy the old man Luke from the end of TFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
They had Mark Hamill in & scanned him so there’s no excuse for not getting his likeness right as he looks now really.

Reaction score
Yet another example of GG completely ignoring what the collectors have been asking for. I've seen countless requests in this forum for old man Luke that specifically said they wanted the island version, not one that I recall wanting the "Just for Men" dyed beard version...

Reaction score
I think if anything this was a missed opportunity, they should’ve made a 2 pack set with both versions of older Luke, at least then it would’ve generated more interest..., I’ll still buy this but it’s not what I was expecting them to make or what I wanted to see made.

Reaction score
Not interested in this mini bust, bb-8 or the Rey statue. I bought those movies on 3D/bluray just for the sake of collecting all Star Wars movies,and that was it. I do realize the Luke mini bust has a good likeness and pose. I'm happy for those folks collecting from the Sequels.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Day one Pre-order for me! I liked TLJ (don’t kill me guys) and would love to see an old man Luke in Jedi Master robes with an alternate portrait that shows him as he looked in the flash back sequence.

Reaction score
I think if anything this was a missed opportunity, they should’ve made a 2 pack set with both versions of older Luke, at least then it would’ve generated more interest..., I’ll still buy this but it’s not what I was expecting them to make or what I wanted to see made.
This isn't a bad looking bust and I'll probably get it along the way. But what if they make 2 pack with just a second portrait? Kind of like the Leia/Boushh or Faie or Wedge?

Reaction score
Not interested in this mini bust, bb-8 or the Rey statue. I bought those movies on 3D/bluray just for the sake of collecting all Star Wars movies,and that was it. I do realize the Luke mini bust has a good likeness and pose. I'm happy for those folks collecting from the Sequels.
Agreed except I don't own the movies and never saw TLJ. But the pose and sculpt are nice on this.

Reaction score
Agreed except I don't own the movies and never saw TLJ. But the pose and sculpt are nice on this.
Yup. Not to offend anyone that likes TLJ (I applaud individualism and have no problem with what others like), but I never went to see it at the movie theater. I did buy it as I said, and fell asleep while watching it at home despite having one of the surround sound speakers practically next to my ear. I did try watching it a second time, and I found myself totally distracted from the screen, so I put it away. :) That being said, I do appreciate the artistic aspect of the sculpt and the pose of this mini bust, plus the nice likeness given to it. Overall it is a nice piece for those into the movie to own.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So far have I've not been able to bring myself to buy them, I keep telling myself it's because i'm waiting for the third installment and the box set but really it's because I completely hate them and the vast majority of the characters! Oddly though I do have several of the mini busts, if I like the look of it I'll buy it. I have Rouge one.

Despite my normal people-bust-aphobia kicking in the images of this from the toy fair have me considering it, it looks quite good.

Reaction score
So far have I've not been able to bring myself to buy them, I keep telling myself it's because i'm waiting for the third installment and the box set but really it's because I completely hate them and the vast majority of the characters! Oddly though I do have several of the mini busts, if I like the look of it I'll buy it. I have Rouge one.

Despite my normal people-bust-aphobia kicking in the images of this from the toy fair have me considering it, it looks quite good.
I completely understand your thinking there, TKR. For instance, I have never been much of a fan of the PT films nor care for the ST, however, I have collected all PT mini busts because I like the look of the characters and the overall look of those films. I have no room at this point to collect from all the movies, hence why I chose to focus on the OT as the movie trio that really impressed me the most, and that way I can keep collecting for years. I have kept all my PT mini busts in boxes until we move to a new home with a bigger room for my collection. It's interesting how we choose to collect (or not to), sometimes either being because of the story telling of the films, sometimes because of our own acceptance of characters and places , and sometimes because of both. Giving ourselves some room to appreciate the art in mini busts and statues based in the movies without being bias to a particular film, I believe offers the collector a wider range of what to choose to collect. We can always see when a certain bust or statue has been done well, and this Luke surely shows that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So far have I've not been able to bring myself to buy them, I keep telling myself it's because i'm waiting for the third installment and the box set but really it's because I completely hate them and the vast majority of the characters! ...
Yep, I was trying to be nice but that about sums it up for me as well :).

Reaction score
This was one of the busts I’ve been hoping to see from the sequel trilogy. And I think it looks good and would happily add it to my collection. Now hoping for an old Han and old Leia to go with it.

Reaction score
I think it looks pretty cool-ish. I’m currently deciding rather or not I want to keep or sale my ST collection of mini busts, as I’m not a huge fan of it so far. I’ll probably end up adding him if I keep them

Reaction score
Although I’ve decided not to collect from the new movies anymore, I am pondering if I should get this as it’s still an OT character, just older. Wanted an older version of Luke, Leia & Han from the beginning..., admittedly I wanted the proper old Luke but this one still looks good.

Reaction score
Although I’ve decided not to collect from the new movies anymore, I am pondering if I should get this as it’s still an OT character, just older. Wanted an older version of Luke, Leia & Han from the beginning..., admittedly I wanted the proper old Luke but this one still looks good.
Oh! you are being lured by the nice pose and great likeness. You are giving in, Kev. :) No worries, I've been pondering as well on this. There's a good chance I may end up pre-ordering him. Like you said, it is still Luke just older.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh! you are being lured by the nice pose and great likeness. You are giving in, Kev. :) No worries, I've been pondering as well on this. There's a good chance I may end up pre-ordering him. Like you said, it is still Luke just older.
Yeah, when it came to boxing everything up I paused at Admiral Ackbar as I thought “he’s original trilogy” so should stay, my trouble is though, I don’t want to part with any so it’s easy to talk myself into keeping things. :) I originally just made an immediate decision that anything not in the 5 detolfs I’ve put up will go, then I got to the McQuarrie’s & thought well they’re based on the original trilogy so have to stay which then meant the other concept of Boba Fett (white) had to stay & then I decided the animated version should stay too as it’s OT really & as I’ve kept my Ahsoka order she needs a companion piece so added Captain Rex to the keep list too..., where does it end though? lol ;) For now I’m fine parting with everything EU & from the new movies as although I like them I don’t feel anything about the characters, Clone Wars is another story as I have all of the episodes & felt I was along for the ride with Anakin, Ahsoka, Obi Wan & Captain Rex, personally if they made them as animated mini-busts I’d be happy, mainly because I just like how Anakin & Obi Wan were designed but realistic is ok, more so for the clones though, I’d happily buy clones all day long, had over 150 at one point. So, for now at least..., I’m keeping 13 extra mini-busts that I hadn’t intended & Ahsoka will join them along with older Luke (most probably). :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the end it is not what film you collect from or what collectible style what makes one's collection. It is the pleasure of collecting what makes you happy and has meaning to you at a personal level. It's the chance to let that inner child run wild on an open field, taking in all that good air the hobby brings into our lives. :)

Reaction score
Yeah, I’d agree with that. I think there were enough original trilogy characters in the pretrilogy for it to feel part of the story as a whole, with the new movies I just felt like the original characters were there to try & make the movie more appealing, probably the main problem is having someone else telling the story. Anyway I feel happiest with original trilogy & want the pretrilogy as it’s part of the story for me, the McQuarrie’s are where it all began & the Clone Wars are netted in with the pretrilogy..., that’s how I see it & how my collection will look going forward, only older versions of original characters & maybe if they make a better likeness of an original trilogy character, I’d swap it (like the recent new Obi Wan).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yep, they were there to milk the nostalgia and **** on the original trilogy at the same time. Not my Luke.

Reaction score
I liked Luke's arc in TLJ and thought it made sense but I'd prefer a bust of him in hermit guise as opposed to this, even though it looks good in the Toy Fair pic. Truth is I didn't know about this or the 2 new statues, I've not had a product e mail from GG since the Praetorian Guard and Executioner statues.

GG kinda lost my enthusiasm with the ridiculously low number of Ahsoka busts, all they did was play straight into the pockets of flippers who'll sell them on e bay for 3 and 4 times the price.