Luke Skywalker Bespin Mini Bust Concept Art

Reaction score
Looks promising. I imagine this is going to make a lot of people happy.
It’s going to have to look good for me to buy it though, it is another Luke after all.
Maybe I’ll get rid of that SDCC Luke Jedi Knight to make room :unsure:
God that Jedi Knight Luke likeness was soooooo bad lol

Reaction score
Looks promising. I imagine this is going to make a lot of people happy.
It’s going to have to look good for me to buy it though, it is another Luke after all.
Maybe I’ll get rid of that SDCC Luke Jedi Knight to make room :unsure:
If what we see on the drawing transfers exactly to the 3D model, it will be a hit. Indeed likeness is a must. It is another Luke, yet this is truly a look of the character many collectors have been asking for years. To me here, repetition works.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Finally! Put me down for one. Wishful thinking for a deluxe version w/ switch out arm with saber, and a removable hilt? Although I'll happily take it as is.

MrT

Reaction score
Hurrah. I’m happy, nit picking I’d prefer the pose from my avatar.

Reaction score
Luke-palooza News: This will be Luke mini bust number 13, and I'm glad to have them all ...

1 - Stormtrooper Luke (2004)
2 - X-Wing Pilot Luke (2004)
3 - Jedi Knight Luke (2007)
4 - Hoth Luke (2009)
5 - Tatooine (with saber) Luke (2010)
6 - Tatooine ( with T-16) Luke (2010)
7 - McQuarrie Concept Luke (2014)
8 - Snowspeeder Pilot Luke (2014)
9 - Endor Luke (2015)
10 - Hero of Yavin Luke (2016)
11 - Jedi Knight version #2 Luke (2018)
12 - "Crait" Luke (2019)
13 - Bespin Luke (?)

* I'm not including the arm-less Luke bust, nor the Bespin Luke statue, nor the Luke on Tauntaun diorama, nor the upcoming Luke "dreamer" statue.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well this was a no-brainer getting out a 40th anniv. piece....

My fav Luke bust other than the highly sought Mcquarrie one is the snowspeeder pilot- the great pose with the grappling hook launcher different than lightsaber or blaster, an with the helmet on mask the imperfections they have with his face 😎

Never got the second Jedi knight one, just couldn’t do it

Reaction score
Looking at this bust again. With the saber hilt it looks like he'll have to live on a riser.
That area looks to be done in the same style as Snowspeeder Luke. I'm going to assume the lightsaber hilt could end up being removable, thus allowing it to turn to the side when sitting on a shelf.

Reaction score
Well this was a no-brainer getting out a 40th anniv. piece....

My fav Luke bust other than the highly sought Mcquarrie one is the snowspeeder pilot- the great pose with the grappling hook launcher different than lightsaber or blaster, an with the helmet on mask the imperfections they have with his face 😎

Never got the second Jedi knight one, just couldn’t do it
You saved yourself some nightmares. :) .

Reaction score
I know I've said this in other threads, but of all busts, they've got to make this bust a deluxe version. Bare minimum it needs two portraits (clean and bloodied) and at least two right hands (blaster and lightsaber). A stump option would be a nice third option. And I would like to see that hilt on the belt be removable. Should be simple enough to just have it hang on a small hook

Reaction score
In my GG prime, this was one of my all time wants. Nice to see them finally getting to such an iconic outfit. But, if this doesn't feature a swap out blaster for ignited saber - major points knocked off.

Reaction score
Finally! Put me down for one. Wishful thinking for a deluxe version w/ switch out arm with saber, and a removable hilt? Although I'll happily take it as is.
Luke-palooza News: This will be Luke mini bust number 13 ...

1 - Stormtrooper Luke (2004)
2 - X-Wing Pilot Luke (2004)
3 - Jedi Knight Luke (2007)
4 - Hoth Luke (2009)
5 - Tatooine (with saber) Luke (2010)
6 - Tatooine ( with T-16) Luke (2010)
7 - McQuarrie Concept Luke (2014)
8 - Snowspeeder Pilot Luke (2014)
9 - Endor Luke (2015)
10 - Hero of Yavin Luke (2016)
11 - Jedi Knight version #2 Luke (2018)
12 - "Crait" Luke (2019)
13 - Bespin Luke (?)

* I'm not including the arm-less Luke bust, nor the Bespin Luke statue, nor the Luke on Tauntaun diorama, nor the upcoming Luke "dreamer" statue.
All that and we still have more to go:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ok, it's Luke Skywalker, the bust sure will be amazing... but it's another Luke, it's another repeated character shown this year... Gentle Giant is thinking only on eassy money and they are loosing originality and capacity to surprise with new characters. I have enought Lukes. Nice bust, but I pass.

Reaction score
Ok, it's Luke Skywalker, the bust sure will be amazing... but it's another Luke, it's another repeated character shown this year... Gentle Giant is thinking only on eassy money and they are loosing originality and capacity to surprise with new characters. I have enought Lukes. Nice bust, but I pass.
To be fair...Bespin Luke has been asked for for over a decade. And for many, is the ultimate look for Luke.

Though it's a repeated character, its a highly requested one.

Reaction score
I hear what you are saying, and I've been one always looking for obscure characters and the least amount of character repetition. In this case however, this mini bust has been wanted for years. A look back through old threads with wanted lists and so forth have this Luke AND a Dagobah Luke with Yoda in backpack as something at the top of many collectors lists. In this case repetition is deserved. Plenty of other stuff has been made, characters repeated and never asked for. That second version of Grand Moff Tarkin, clenched fist and all comes to mind.

But, yes, specifically dealing with the OT, as this Luke is from that Trilogy, it would be nice to see some new characters like: CZ-3, Death Star Droid, Red Snaggletooth, Death Star Trooper, more rebel pilots, Ephant Mon among others. But again, Bespin Luke deserves a place on our shelf. JMHO.

Reactions: MrT
Reaction score
To be fair...Bespin Luke has been asked for for over a decade. And for many, is the ultimate look for Luke.

Though it's a repeated character, its a highly requested one.
I'm completly agree with you in this particular bust, but the last releases except the pgm poll choice are mandalorians and repeated characters, this are make feel not very optimistic for the future... I have more than 100 busts and now I'm only looking new characters to be add and something original and new, and Star Wars fortunately have this possibility.

Reaction score
I'm completly agree with you in this particular bust, but the last releases except the pgm poll choice are mandalorians and repeated characters, this are make feel not very optimistic for the future... I have more than 100 busts and now I'm only looking new characters to be add and something original and new, and Star Wars fortunately have this possibility.
We all want variety and as little repetition as possible. But it isn't the count of how many mini busts we have vs. repeated characters what matters with this announcement. It is instead the fact this has been a most wanted mini bust for years. The future is unpredictable, and those of us collecting Gentle Giant for a while know to always expect the unexpected, and more often than rarely be disappointed in more that one way. Trust me, I know how they can mess with you first hand. Personally, I get whatever gets released that I feel should be part of my collecting focus. When there's nothing for me, I just wait patiently until something of interest comes my way. Again, I agree too much of anything is not good, and repetition is boring and unnecessary. That said, this particular Luke has merited a mini bust for a long time, and it's offered to satisfy demand because they know it will sell well. The way I see it, despite being a reoccurring character within the mini bust line, this Luke is one away from their repetition practice because of the many requests by collectors to have it made.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Beautiful bust! Glad to see Diamond/GG focus on this line again!

Ya’ll know what i really want tho!

Reaction score
I like the sound of it and some swap out arms would be good like the Snowspeeder pilot but the likeness is key for me. If it looks anything like moon face Luke then it will be any easy pass for me.

Reaction score

About time.

Just please nail Hamill's likeness.
My thoughts exactly!

It would be nice for them to make it with interchangeable arms, but I’d be happy with this as is as long as the likeness is spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Really surprising that it's taken this long. Should be deluxe with lightsaber, portraits, missing hand, etc. It's a little hard to be upset that so many Luke busts have been made. This is Star Wars we're talking about, after all. Dagobah Training Luke next.

Reaction score
Really surprising that it's taken this long. Should be deluxe with lightsaber, portraits, missing hand, etc. It's a little hard to be upset that so many Luke busts have been made. This is Star Wars we're talking about, after all. Dagobah Training Luke next.
Every Luke that's been made so far, I'm glad to have it in my collection (except Luke Jedi Knight version 2👎). Bespin Luke will be well received whenever it is they get to it. If they go for a deluxe with interchangeable arms and weapons, the better. Dagobah Training Luke would be awesome to have as well.

Reaction score
I agree we need a lightsaber hand but a bloodied stump would be awesome too. And they definitely need to bloody him up a bit.