Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

Reaction score
I wonder how much the face printing technology will do to this figure. Generally, I really like the TVC sculpt, but 9 years on and I feel like a resculpt would add a lot of possibilities. Better hidden ball-hinged hips and ball-hinged wrists are definitely needed.
I agree. I'd like to see a new sculpt of this one. I like this figure, but with what they could do with him today, I'd like to see.

Reaction score

They just need to get the lean stature right. In a way TSVC (the 2007 Bespin Luke) and the 2012 3-pack Luke both got this down really well.

Also, I really hope Hasbro goes away from articulating the torso around the ribs / pecs (new Skiff Guards) instead of the abs (most Jedi figures). Only in rare cases does the rip / pec articulation position not interfere with the sculpt aesthetic (Black Series Geonosis Arena Padmé Amidala).

Reaction score
I'll admit that even though I liked this figure, it was a bit "chubby" looking for Luke. And felt it as an unneeded update the previous sculpt. The only thing it lacked was a decent facial likeness.

I agree. I'd like to see a new sculpt of this one. I like this figure, but with what they could do with him today, I'd like to see.
And what exactly could they do with him today aside from real tech? IMO the articulation is sufficient, even too much so in the hips.

Reaction score
I'll admit that even though I liked this figure, it was a bit "chubby" looking for Luke. And felt it as an unneeded update the previous sculpt. The only thing it lacked was a decent facial likeness.

And what exactly could they do with him today aside from real tech? IMO the articulation is sufficient, even too much so in the hips.
I'd like to see them redo the hip/pelvis area if possible. The articulation is top, but that part of the figure is too bulky looking.

Reaction score
Oh and the older figure was too tall, if that sort of thing bothers you. If this new one comes with a decent improved ESB head sculpt, I might get it.
Though it's already gotten expensive enough replacing all my ANH Luke heads with that new one...

Reaction score
earlier today i dug out all of the Empire Strikes Back Luke figures i still have from the Saga Collection Vintage Bespin Luke, Medical Frigate Luke and Vintage Collection line Bespin Luke.

Medical Frigate Luke's head is perfect to put on Saga Collection VC Bespin Luke but looks a little goofy because the long neck

Reaction score
I have a feeling we'll probably all be wanting to buy a bunch of these and the Bespin Han repack if their new photoreal heads are as good as the recent Stormie Han and 3-pack & Yavin Lukes were. I know the Cave of Evil head is funky looking in pics, but I think it's because Luke's hari was all messy and he was sweaty and tired and drained in the scene he is training and lifts the X-Wing (or tries to!).

Reaction score
I have a feeling we'll probably all be wanting to buy a bunch of these and the Bespin Han repack if their new photoreal heads are as good as the recent Stormie Han and 3-pack & Yavin Lukes were. I know the Cave of Evil head is funky looking in pics, but I think it's because Luke's hari was all messy and he was sweaty and tired and drained in the scene he is training and lifts the X-Wing (or tries to!).
I thought it was confirmed these repacks aren't receiving photo real treatment.

Reaction score
I thought it was confirmed these repacks aren't receiving photo real treatment.
Nope, it's the other way around. I've read from two different sources now that they will indeed have new photo-real heads. I think the guy from Dorkside mentioned it on here somewhere that he asked Hasbro when ordering cases and they confirmed for him that they are.

Reaction score
Honestly, the Cave of Evil head is not horrible. I find it hilarious that people prefer the OTC head to the new one. The arms I understand, but not the head. Here is the new head with darker hair, then photoshopped onto an actual set still from ESB, and the OTC for comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yank those arms out and replace them it might look 100% better, the problem would be fining bare arms that fit.
I'm still not sold on that face

Reaction score
Honestly, the Cave of Evil head is not horrible. I find it hilarious that people prefer the OTC head to the new one. The arms I understand, but not the head. Here is the new head with darker hair, then photoshopped onto an actual set still from ESB, and the OTC for comparison.
Are you trying to prove how horrible the new headsculpt looks? Because that's what I'm getting out of your post. The 2004 OTC version is still my favorite Dagobah Luke figure.