Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

Reaction score
This Bespin Luke is the best one along with the 30th anniversary Vintage style Bespin Luke
Even with the ball joint hips??? Now I am totally confused :confused:

This figure seems to have gone from hero to zero as far as people liking him...I just don't get it. when he first came out, most folks thought he was the bees knees, now it seem like everyone is throwing the hate his way. I still dig him. Never cared for the VTSC one, the Saga/TAC one with battle damage was pretty cool for his time and still holds up as a post duel Luke in my book.

Reaction score
I still love the figure myself. The hips are a bit funky but other than that I'm fine with it.

Reaction score
Why the hell did you have to bring up the stupid ball jointed hips? I like the god damn figure because of the head sculpt and and the blaster pistol.

Reaction score
Because you always bring up the ball jointed hips on every single other figure...now you are ok with them? Just trying to figure out where you are coming from man...you contradict yourself....and why do you feel the need to be soooo freakin' abrasive? Do you have to use "hell", "damn" or "god damn" in every sentence you post? Jeez

Last edited:
Reaction score
About six months before news of this figure surface, I created a custom VOTC luke, using the VOTC Body of course, and the head from the Comic Pack Luke/Lumiya set. I felt is was the best luke head at the time. Then, after the VC04 Luke came out, I got it home and deep down was disappointed in the chunky body style and awkwardness of the hips, etc, and I still liked my old custom a little more. So, finally, earlier this year I began to retool until I've come up with this.

Now I'm working out a solution to switching out the hands with the Deleted Scenes Jedi Luke. The ball jointed wrists will really ad some dynamic poses. Any suggestions for redrilling the peg holes?
Did you switch the neck post or just whittle down the original? A straight headswap gives a giraffe neck so I was wondering how you got around that...

Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the "stock" head he comes with.

On a sidenote, Hasbro makes stupid decisions in terms of figure design...they managed to give the Bespin Luke figure a holster strap that wraps around his leg, even though Luke's primary weapon isn't a blaster, yet, failed to give the Bespin Han figure a holster strap, even though Han's primary weapon is a blaster.

Reaction score
The Episode I Tatooine Accessory Set comes with a poncho, which you could use. Or you could buy a "Farmboy" Luke figure, which comes with a poncho, from the Saga Collection.

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
My luke is in dire need of some sort of blanket accessory type thing for post-battle in falcon medical bay.

Any ideas?
Off the top of my head I'd go with the blanket from the TRU Exclusive Arctic Doc from the GI Joe Rise of Cobra line. I seem to recall the blanket Leia puts on Luke to have a shiny, foil like material. While this isn't quite like that, it's grey in color and the material is good enough for the Star Wars Universe.

http://generalsjoes.com/wp-content/gallery/tru-doc-in-stock/01.jpg

Reaction score
hrm, it does seem to be of a brown however during the film. Maybe I should just pick up a spare jedi cloak of sorts and trim out a square/rectangle from it.

Reaction score
hrm, it does seem to be of a brown however during the film. Maybe I should just pick up a spare jedi cloak of sorts and trim out a square/rectangle from it.
I think maybe a quick trip to any fabric store would solve the problem. It would probably be much cheaper than chopping up a jedi cloak.

Reaction score
So I finally finished my custom Bespin Luke Skywalker. I'm much happier with the changes from the earlier version I was working on, as earlier in this thread. This one has a new head sculpt and repaint, resculpted arms, and BALL JOINTED WRISTS! They were a huge pain, but they make for killer poses!
*I'd also like to thanks our RebelScum member Bravo5 for donating the hands!

Last edited:
Reaction score
A million times better than what we got. The head is the Bespin Battle Pack, right? The body also looks like the earlier VOTC release?

Reaction score
A million times better than what we got. The head is the Bespin Battle Pack, right? The body also looks like the earlier VOTC release?
Yeah, BBP head with minor resculpting and repaint.
VOTC Body with resculpts in the calves and arms, and repaint.
Ball jointed wrists added from Light Skinned Deleted Scene Jedi Luke Variant. The wrist trimming and refitting was the toughest part. It almost ruined the project.
VC04 Belt/holster.

As you might see in earlier photos in this thread, I originally had VC44 Dagobah Landing Luke's Head and Tan Deleted Scene Luke hands, but the skin tone was too dark, too tan. This is the re-worked one. I like it a lot so far. This is the third Bespin Luke I've made with this body thus far. I'm happiest with this one. I'm glad you guys like it too!

Reaction score
Looks amazing RadioNixon. This is the same custom I was planning on as soon as I get my life settled. Did you have to modify the neck post on the VOTC body? I don't actually have the Bespin Battle Pack Luke yet so I can't check myself.

Reaction score
I got the bespin luke in the mail this morning. Good God almighty what the hell did Hasbro do did they just cram the blaster all the way down the holster?

Reaction score
ANYHOO.

I had to freaking twist the damn blaster around in the holster to even get it out of the holster.

The barrel tip of the blaster was crammed right down to the bottom of the holster.

Reaction score
ANYHOO.

I had to freaking twist the damn blaster around in the holster to even get it out of the holster.

The barrel tip of the blaster was crammed right down to the bottom of the holster.
My God--- this sounds unimaginable. How have you coped?

Reaction score
Technically Luke's "bespin" clothes arent from Bespin.

The clothes he wore are pretty much just his Rebel Alliance clothes. He even wore them in the old Marvel Comics Star Wars also long before Empire Strikes Back

Heck, even in the newer Marvel Star Wars, Luke's been wearing those clothes once in awhile along with other clothes wardrobe.

Even Han in the previous issues of new Star Wars hes been wearing his Solo Star Wars movie jacket

Reaction score
Well in spite of the few issues this figure has..he's still one of my favourites.
100% agree. His face could probably be improved with better paint apps and the hips are a little too flared and look huge from certain angles, but overall I love this figure. Though not enough to put him in my Top 10 anymore like he was back in 2012, he still ranks in my Top 40 probably for figures from 2000 thru now.

Reaction score
Technically Luke's "bespin" clothes arent from Bespin.

The clothes he wore are pretty much just his Rebel Alliance clothes. He even wore them in the old Marvel Comics Star Wars also long before Empire Strikes Back

Heck, even in the newer Marvel Star Wars, Luke's been wearing those clothes once in awhile along with other clothes wardrobe.

Even Han in the previous issues of new Star Wars hes been wearing his Solo Star Wars movie jacket
You revived a thread that's been dormant for five years to tell us this?

You must be profoundly bored.

Reaction score
Also, he never wore this outfit in the old Marvel Comics "long before Empire Strikes Back"

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
One of the best weathered paintjobs in the history of the line. I know some hate the "diaper-crotch", but this is a favorite sculpt of mine.

Reaction score
One of the best weathered paintjobs in the history of the line. I know some hate the "diaper-crotch", but this is a favorite sculpt of mine.
Agree 100% For me, it still is one of the best VC figures ever and I would probably put it in my personal Top 25 Hasbro figures in the modern era (2005-now). So a photo-real head will make it that much more fantastic.

Reaction score
Agree 100% For me, it still is one of the best VC figures ever and I would probably put it in my personal Top 25 Hasbro figures in the modern era (2005-now). So a photo-real head will make it that much more fantastic.
Totally agree. For me this was THE figure that signified that the VC was something special.

Reaction score
This figure got me interested in TVC when it came out....and I was excited to get it in hand....then....yeah...he doesn't really pose. For all the articulation he has it's annoying to work with. And his two handed lightsaber pose is really weak.

Reaction score
I wonder how much the face printing technology will do to this figure. Generally, I really like the TVC sculpt, but 9 years on and I feel like a resculpt would add a lot of possibilities. Better hidden ball-hinged hips and ball-hinged wrists are definitely needed.

Reaction score
Hey, the edit feature's back. :D
Too bad it's limited to 5 mins. ;)

So come to think of it, a new Bespin fatigues Luke is already 50% finished. The Black Series Dagobah Training's hips and legs are a great base. No excuse for Habsro being cheap and just rehashing a TVC figure with a new coat of paint, when they are halfway at creating an ultimate version (which in case of Luke they've been doing this year for most of his outfits).