Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

Reaction score
My only complaint about this figure is the headsculpt. Wish it looked more like the cardback picture. Other than that, this is probably the best Luke Skywalker figure made to date. There is so much awesome detail in the bespin gear, and the articulation is superb.

Reaction score
This is still one of the best TVC figures made since this line began. I must have grabbed 10-12 of these for various versions of Luke and for custom fodder.
I absolutely love this figure, I bought several. Thats not something I typically do. Even after I had enough of them, each time I saw it in the store, I still WANTED to buy it. I think I have a total of 5

I kept one carded. This figure, along with Bespin Han, remain the ONLY two carded figures I own.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think he's one of the best figures in vintage collection. I only wish his headsculpt was better. We know they can do better, looking at the dagobah landing and endor capture versions.

Reaction score
I never understood the hate for this guy. He was the class of wave 1, had a great sculpt, and didn't even come close to peg warming.

Reaction score
I never understood the hate for this guy. He was the class of wave 1, had a great sculpt, and didn't even come close to peg warming.
Which explains right there why there's more love for this fig than many are letting on...

Reaction score
Hey guys i just found a site that has this figure relatively cheap. Is it against the rules to post it for you guys that dont have one or want another?

Reaction score
I don't hate the figure or think it's the worst, I simply think since Hasbro went to all the trouble to redo him so soon they would have made it a tad better.
I feel his hips detract from the great figure it could have been, not to mention the pudgy look and over use of wrinkles.

Reaction score
I don't hate the figure or think it's the worst, I simply think since Hasbro went to all the trouble to redo him so soon they would have made it a tad better.
I feel his hips detract from the great figure it could have been, not to mention the pudgy look and over use of wrinkles.
I agree. I have mixed feelings about this guy. I think he was an amazing leap forward for Hasbro. The ball joint hips were a nice attempt and showed Hasbro is willing to try to make these figures better and better. Strangely enough, for all of his joints, he looks the best when he's standing completely neutral. He starts to look awkward when you try to get him to hold his lightsaber with both hands. He also starts looking a little strange when you stand him next to other Luke figures. All of a sudden the pudgy remarks start coming out. Compare him to either of the Jedi Luke's, he looks like he's wearing a seriously thick jacket. I like the look of him too much to break him apart, but I think I can make a custom that's a little bit better.

Reaction score
I'm mixed. He looks good, but suffers a little in how he can be posed. He's a bit bulky, compared to the previous version and every other TVC Luke since then. The costume was loose, but showed that Luke was pretty fit underneath. This figure makes it look like he and Yoda were having a barbecue. I do have two of them, though, with long-standing intentions to give one a post-battle look.

Reaction score
I like this figure a lot. The only problem i have is whenever i try to seat him in a vehicle his torso pops out of it's socket.

Reaction score
I gotta say BL is one of my Favorite VC figures! Not to mention this representation of Luke is from the BEST SW FILM "ESB"! I really dig the FOILED look on the Variant packaging.

Reaction score
It was December of 2010 I remember wanting Endor Capture Luke so badly I was dreaming about finding him so one day I go to Target and once again i'm disappointed only to find Hoth Han, Hoth Leia, C-3PO, Darth Sidious(Why didn't I buy him!?!?! -__-), Obi Wan, and Bespin Luke I was sick of finding nothing so I decided to get Luke just so I could walk out of the store with something and man am I glad I got him not only was he rarer than Endor Luke he's much cooler than him :)

Reaction score
About six months before news of this figure surface, I created a custom VOTC luke, using the VOTC Body of course, and the head from the Comic Pack Luke/Lumiya set. I felt is was the best luke head at the time. Then, after the VC04 Luke came out, I got it home and deep down was disappointed in the chunky body style and awkwardness of the hips, etc, and I still liked my old custom a little more. So, finally, earlier this year I began to retool until I've come up with this.

Now I'm working out a solution to switching out the hands with the Deleted Scenes Jedi Luke. The ball jointed wrists will really ad some dynamic poses. Any suggestions for redrilling the peg holes?

Reaction score
About six months before news of this figure surface, I created a custom VOTC luke, using the VOTC Body of course, and the head from the Comic Pack Luke/Lumiya set. I felt is was the best luke head at the time. Then, after the VC04 Luke came out, I got it home and deep down was disappointed in the chunky body style and awkwardness of the hips, etc, and I still liked my old custom a little more. So, finally, earlier this year I began to retool until I've come up with this.

Now I'm working out a solution to switching out the hands with the Deleted Scenes Jedi Luke. The ball jointed wrists will really ad some dynamic poses. Any suggestions for redrilling the peg holes?

You'll need to use a Dremel or mini-drill to widen the hand post holes. I've done it before; just be careful to drill straight!

Reaction score
I was wondering if the head from the vintage style Bespin Luke would fit on fine on the 30th Anniversary vintage style Bespin Luke body or not due to the 30th anniversary Bespin Luke having a long giraffe neck?

Reaction score
I can't understand how anyone who has this figure can not think it's totally rad.
I admit, the hips look kind of funny in pictures.
But, in hand, this is one of THE best action figures I've ever seen.
Totally captures the likeness and spirit of the movie and character.

Reaction score
I can't understand how anyone who has this figure can not think it's totally rad.
I had the same concerns about the apparent "diaper syndrome" Hasbro tends to give its ball-joint hips...but the figure in-hand is so much better than any pic could muster. This figure, along with just about any in the RotJ wave (I'm looking at you, Gammy, Wooof, and Jedi Luke) are hands-down the best looking figs Hasbro's produced in the TVC line.

Reaction score
I agree the figure is an action figure marvel. I'm learning to take opinions on this forum with a grain of salt. I know opinions are just opinions, but sometimes I see stuff written on here and it boggles my mind. Whatever to each his own.

Reaction score
The VC04 Bespin Luke Figure is a great figure with great articulation, and great detailing, along with a great paint app. But it doesn't necessarily equal accuracy. I wanna be clear, I'm not bashing the VC04 Luke, it was the start of something really great for the line from Hasbro. I'm saying for whatever reason, I prefer my custom and am trying (in vain as it may be to others) to create a superior figure from an older version. I also want to say that older doesn't always mean worse either.

I totally know what you mean, Julythrunov, i have seen some say they love versions of figures that I could never force myself to own. Haha, I can remember when I was a kid and got the original Bespin Luke. I thought I had never seen anything that looked more like Mark Hamill in my life! I guess imagination goes a long way, even still.

I'll keep posting updates of the figure's progress and we can all hash out a poll when it's done. Should be fun.

Reaction score
I think he's totally rad...totally

Reaction score
My big question is, can I remove his right hand? To me, the figure isn't worth getting unless I can 'multilate' Luke.