Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC05 v3

JohnSilence said:
The blaster that came with mine is warped up pretty bad. luck of the draw i suppose...
Hot water is the key, my good man!

Soak 'er in some for awhile (like around a minute), then bend it back in to shape and hold it like that for awhile. Might need to repeat that process a couple times, but it oughta work.

Reaction score

DaiGuard said:
Personally, I like the free but unfortunately named Gnu Image Manipulation Program, or GIMP. Pretty solid "photoshopper".
I guess "Photoshop" has become a verb now, but I meant I use the program called "Photoshop" by Adobe, the actual photoshop brand program....not another program that can "photoshop" (verb).
I hope that clears up any confusion.

Reaction score

Damn, These and Vizslas are like crack to me. Buy 'em anytime I see 'em. Have four Vizslas (Three Loose, One MOC) and three Luke's (All Loose)

Reaction score

DaiGuard said:
Personally, I like the free but unfortunately named Gnu Image Manipulation Program, or GIMP. Pretty solid "photoshopper".
free is always preferable I think.

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC05

AgentClaret said:
R5_D2 said:
Nate_M said:
Doesn't look like Luke. I like Hasbro's better.
Agreed 100%.
GNT said:
It doesn't scream Luke Skywalker to me either plus the head looks just a tad small IMO.
Plus the face looks like a little old lady rather than Mark Hamill. Figure looks way better stock.
Yeah, really... I thought the head was one of the best parts of this figure. I've ended up getting a few and retrofitting them to my other ESB-era Lukes.

Dav, any chance you'd want to send ME that head?
But...but...I thought no one liked this head except me
Commentors undies seemed to get wedged pretty high up on their posteriors for a custom post
Actually I felt the head everyone loves looks like an old woman, hence why it was switched with the head sculpt I like better.

Reaction score

Just got him today and I agree: he is a little chubby! Otherwise he's fantastic. I would prefer if the saber's peghole was moved a little more away from center on his belt-- it gets in his way while he's wearing it. He could stand to hold his saber better as well. These are all minor gripes though. I've noticed a lot of them on the shelves with poor painted eyes, so I was picky about snagging mine.

Reaction score

This is SUCH a great figure. Love it. I see it in the store..and want to keep re buying it.

Reaction score

HappyNoodleBoy said:
Julythrunov said:
This is SUCH a great figure. Love it. I see it in the store..and want to keep re buying it.
Ok, so then it's NOT just me.

Thirded. I haven't seen Luke Bespin in stores for a little while now, which is good for my wallet. I have 4: one loose, two regular carded, and one foil.

3/4 came via ESB/ROTS cases. I bought one in stores. It's a great figure, and I'm extremely pleased they decided to revisit Bespin Luke with an all new sculpt.

Reaction score

I finally picked up Bespin Luke (he went out of stock quickly in the first issue, and took a while to reappear), and he is totally awesome. I liked the VTAC version, but this one completely blows that Away. I don't think I'll ever need a new Bespin Luke.

Reaction score

KillerVole said:
I finally picked up Bespin Luke (he went out of stock quickly in the first issue, and took a while to reappear), and he is totally awesome. I liked the VTAC version, but this one completely blows that Away. I don't think I'll ever need a new Bespin Luke.
Something about his child-bearing hips still bothers me...

Reaction score

PS: The reason it looks like Luke's saber is on his belt and in his hand at the same time is... he is so fast on the draw, it looks like his saber is in two places at once.
Yeah, that's it.

Reaction score

^ what playset is that? the theed catwalk?

Reaction score

Finally got around to taking a couple pictures. So far the first wave is my favorite although I haven't seen the ROTJ in my area yet.

Trying to recreate the image on the cardback.

Reaction score

bkusna said:
KillerVole said:
Something about his child-bearing hips still bothers me...
Pull the holster down a bit, bro.

Reaction score

I managed to remove some of the gray paint from the boots ( which is a little to dark). It blends more with the color of the outfit, and it looks even better. I think this is quite possibly the best figure hasbro has ever done.

Reaction score

I guess I should get this - on clearance. I've resisted because the head sculpt isn't to my liking. I wish they'd hit the damn main character actor head sculpts outta the park.

Reaction score

...You don't like THIS head sculpt..and that was enough to make you not buy it...but you think..the new Jedi Luke head sculpt..looks better(assuming so..because you bought it).

Do I have that right?

Reaction score

Julythrunov said:
...You don't like THIS head sculpt..and that was enough to make you not buy it...but you think..the new Jedi Luke head sculpt..looks better(assuming so..because you bought it).

Do I have that right?
Do you have the right to assume...?

Fair assumption I guess, but not correct. I did not buy the new Jedi Luke for the head sculpt; I am not happy with it. I bought it for the body, and was hoping desperately that I would find a better Jedi Luke head somewhere in my collection that I could swap it with. It didn't work out perfectly, but I do like the Evo NJO head on this body better than the one they sculpted for it. The new head looks too much like they were going for 1977 Hamill; and it's way too blond.

But no, I'm not thrilled with the ESB Luke head either. It's not doin' it for me.

Reaction score

Finally got this figure (And Leia!) yesterday. Hasbro did a brilliant job, one of the best figures ever!

Reaction score

Man, I can't believe how few TVC figs I have...this was my first, though, so it'll always hold a special place in my collection.

Yeah, he's still in that swamp with ol' Yoda...

Reaction score
I don't like this figure at all. Sticks out a mile next to other figs thanks to his huge ball joint hips. Also, his blaster was so tight in his holster that not only did his holster snap when I tried to get it out but also the tip of the blaster snapped off >: (

Just get me a decent head to stick on the much superior VTSC version.

Reaction score
I've got an xtra of this fig (loose) that I can offer up to a fellow collector who missed the original release..pm me.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, say what you want, I love this one! I remember the day I finally found him and Dengar and saw TVC on the shelves for the first time... my heart was pounding, I almost barfed!

Besides, look what else you can do!

Reaction score
If you stare at his hips, you're going to keep noticing the hips. **** I can't even see the hips with the gun belt on. Awesome figure.

Reaction score
I don;t even think the belt is glued. The torso joint on this figure is actually just a ball and socket so you can pop his body in half and slip the belt up and off over it.

Still loving this figure, and the MH Bespin BP version makes me throw up in my mouth a little!

Reaction score
I don;t even think the belt is glued. The torso joint on this figure is actually just a ball and socket so you can pop his body in half and slip the belt up and off over it.

Still loving this figure, and the MH Bespin BP version makes me throw up in my mouth a little!

Actually, yeah I have just been playing around with it and have carefully managed to push the belt down lower. I guess I was just scared to break it. It looks WAY better now.

Reaction score
This is still one of the best TVC figures made since this line began. I must have grabbed 10-12 of these for various versions of Luke and for custom fodder.

Reaction score
I haven't collected since the power of the force line in the 90s and this figure is the one that got me started collecting again!!! Love these vintage collection figures especially this luke!!!

Reaction score
I just adjusted the belt lower on my Luke as Spooky did. Looks so much better gives the illusion of weight from the gun. Thanks Spooky for that bit of customizing.