Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC05 v3

Finally found a store with vintage figures last Thursday... I think that this Bespin Luke may be my new favourite Star Wars figure of all time. He's awesome.

Reaction score

For the record, I'm very happy with half of this figure, and I've bought 2 extras so far just for the head (SOTE and Snowspeeder), and will probably pick upanother 1 o2 if I can catch a sale.

Reaction score

Tontus314 said:
For the record, I'm very happy with half of this figure, and I've bought 2 extras so far just for the head (SOTE and Snowspeeder), and will probably pick upanother 1 o2 if I can catch a sale.
So I'm guessing that means you're not a fan of the legs?

Reaction score

Well I guess I'm happy with more than just half, as it's only the hip joints that bug me.

Reaction score

Got this on friday. LOVE IT!!!

It is now posed next to Yoda in Dagobah swamp.

Yeah, yeah. Don't have a Vader for it to fight (I'm such a terrible fan!
), but I plan to get one. Soon.

Reaction score

I can understand folks getting a little irritated with me complaining about an essentially good figure.. I don't mean to rub anyone the wrong way, honestly. As I've already said - I do like it & own one, but being such a huge fan of this version of Luke, I can't help but feel disappointed with some of it's features.

I do agree, that trying new methods to improve a figure's playability is a good thing, I'd just like someone to explain why other figures of far less importance to the saga, are getting great well hidden articulation & accurate paint apps on top of that. 'Carrot & string' is all that comes to mind for me.. which I bet some of you would agree with.

Reaction score

As much as I like this figure, I gotta admit that it would be even better if it had swivel hips instead. The hip joints are more awkward than they need to be. He is NOT a good fit in the Cloud Car or any vehicle.

Reaction score

Finally got my hands on this figure yesterday and I love it! Dare I say he is my favorite figure? I don't know...it is a close call between Luke and VOTC Han...really couldn't be more happy with him.

Reaction score

Snagged this guy today, along with Dengar. He's a spectacular figure. Only downside IMO is he's kinda chubby.

Reaction score

Rossk said:
Only downside IMO is he's kinda chubby.
Spirit Obi-Wan advised that he bulk up before his trip to Dagobah as he would be surviving on Rebel rations and Rootleaf stew... likely to cause one to drop at least one pant size under the best conditions.

Reaction score

I love this figure! I just got him today and he sure is fun. The hips aren't as bad as they looked in the photos. I am just glad Hasbro didn't give him a wide stance. I love how detailed the outfit is too. The fact that they gave him all the things he used on Bespin is even better. I just wish they given him that thing they put on his wrist in the movie.

Reaction score

Mildoo said:
I love this figure! I just got him today and he sure is fun. The hips aren't as bad as they looked in the photos. I am just glad Hasbro didn't give him a wide stance. I love how detailed the outfit is too. The fact that they gave him all the things he used on Bespin is even better. I just wish they given him that thing they put on his wrist in the movie.
Are you talking about the medical device that was placed over his severed wrist. That, along with the helmet were the only things that I have kept from the Training on the Falcon battle pack. I just need another Luke for the medical bay...

Reaction score

Yeah that's it. I just hope that for the battle damage release that it is included.

Reaction score

This Luke is really cool, I really like him! I've never really been a fan of human figs, but this luke and the newest snowspeeder one are 2 of my favs.

Only thing is, he pops apart at the waist waaay too easy. He's got a loose joint, and loose joints aren't good for much, then again, if they're too tight they're not that good either. haha

Reaction score

Saw 3 of these guys yesterday at one of my local wallys. First time that I see so many on the pegs.

Reaction score

Mildoo said:
Yeah that's it. I just hope that for the battle damage release that it is included.

I bought a 2nd today on the whim of having a damaged, handless one then realized there's not much to do besides give him a shiner on his eye. Anyhoo, I've been searching all over for a good still reference photo that really shows every stain and rip to no real avail

If anyone has a good one, I'd appreciate it

Reaction score

I couldn't really find a good reference pic either. You're best off just watching that part from ESB a few times and getting a good mental picture in your head. Offhand, I can tell you his left breast pocket is ripped and hanging, same with his right shoulder pocket. The left knee is ripped and hanging, and there's also a rip in his left shoulder. There's probably more, but that's what I came up with.

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC05

I'm really liking these new "Vintage figures". Although as everyone has mentioned Hasbro kind of dropped the ball in a few areas. The paint for one, gave him a major paint job. Also although many people rightfully love the new headsculpt it wasn't working for me. This headsculpt from the Dagobah crash set of a few years ago always "felt" like Luke in that movie so I've been using it for the last few years. I had made some mods to it as far as sculpted hair, etc. I also did some MAJOR trimming to the diaper Hasbro game him. I trimmed the top of his legs and the diaper section so he is much more proportioned and closer to the prototype we all saw initially. Lastly I added a lightsaber to his holster with a small piece of thread. Yes I know it's on the wrong hook but honestly it is working for me and I like how it hangs here better.
Anyway here is my shot at fixing him up.

Reaction score

That's your right. I don't though so to each their own.

Reaction score

I can't really see a difference on the hips in those pics. I do like the head though.

GNT

Reaction score

It doesn't scream Luke Skywalker to me either plus the head looks just a tad small IMO.

Reaction score

This fig is easier to find than I thought it would be.

Reaction score

I really like your paint mod with TVC Luke there DavAnthony! The boots especially, look the right colour now.

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
Glitch said:
Throws penalty flag for "Butt Photoshopping."

For shame.

I was curious if anyone was going to catch that....yeah, it looks WAY better....
What photoshopping program do you use, Spookymu?

Reaction score

Nate_M said:
Doesn't look like Luke. I like Hasbro's better.
Agreed 100%.
GNT said:
It doesn't scream Luke Skywalker to me either plus the head looks just a tad small IMO.
Plus the face looks like a little old lady rather than Mark Hamill. Figure looks way better stock.

This is probably my second favorite Luke figure, right behind Snowspeeder Luke. Now if they could make a decent Farmboy Luke.

Reaction score

MisterNLD said:
Spookymufu said:
MisterNLD said:
What photoshopping program do you use, Spookymu?
umm...photoshop
There are several COMPANIES that have a 'photoshop' editor.
I think Adobe is the only one that sells Photoshop....But just in case someone else also has a license for it, mine is Adobe Photoshop.

Reaction score

R5_D2 said:
Nate_M said:
Doesn't look like Luke. I like Hasbro's better.
Agreed 100%.
GNT said:
Plus the face looks like a little old lady rather than Mark Hamill. Figure looks way better stock.
Yeah, really... I thought the head was one of the best parts of this figure. I've ended up getting a few and retrofitting them to my other ESB-era Lukes.

Dav, any chance you'd want to send ME that head?

Reaction score

Personally, I like the free but unfortunately named Gnu Image Manipulation Program, or GIMP. Pretty solid "photoshopper".

Reaction score

The blaster that came with mine is warped up pretty bad. luck of the draw i suppose...