Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin - TVC ##

The side-by-side shows how well the VOTC sculpt holds up, but this is still an improvement. It's a buy for me.

Reaction score

Billy_Ray said:
Looks like my Luke from the Luke/Lumiya comic pack will get to keep his head after all. It was going to be replacing VTSC Luke's, but now there is no need for that.
Will the Luke head from the Luke/Lumiya 2 pack fit the VTSC Luke without any additional drilling?

I have yet to find a Luke head that fits either the VTSC Luke or Snowspeeder Luke, without any additional drilling or customizing.

Reaction score

I read that it was a little loose on the neck post but that is easy to fix. There are pictures in the Luke/Lumiya thread.

**EDIT** Actually, scratch that. The Luke form the comic pack has the exact same torso as the VTSC Luke, therefore it is a perfect fit.

Reaction score

Why that particular head? I love the figure, but the hair isn't quite right for ESB Luke and he has sort of an uncomfortable "boiled" look to him...

Reaction score

Wait, so he doesn't have those retarded hinged arms anymore?

Reaction score

AgentClaret said:
Why that particular head? I love the figure, but the hair isn't quite right for ESB Luke and he has sort of an uncomfortable "boiled" look to him...
Well, because it is a great sculpt and, even though the hair isn't exactly right, it looks a lot better than VTSC's Haley Joel Oment head.

Reaction score

This might be the best looking Luke figure ever, personally I cant think of any better. Will buy this for sure.

Good job Hasbro.

Reaction score

Yeah, I saw what you are talking about too...that's why I said " I can easily overlook the ack of ankle articulation (if that is indeed the case in the final product)." in my post above. Even with that though, doesn't look like the ankles are articulated, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Hasbeo has been getting real good at hiding articulation points. Snowspeeder Luke is the perfect example. Still, if this is hidden articulation in the ankles it is very well hidden. time will tell I guess.

Reaction score

I was never too concerned with minor details on figures, so I think I'll just keep my VTAC Bespin Luke instead of replacing him with this one.

Reaction score

looks great, as the VOTC had no resemblance to Hammil.

Reaction score

As with the possible new Veers I did not think we would see an update to Bespin Luke, but what a welcome it is. I had thought Hasbro would at least have reissued the VTAC Bespin Luke at some point in the basic line, but no! Instead we get an entire new sculpt which seems to have fixed some of the issues the VTAC Bespin Luke had. I for one I'm glad to have this one and will be happy to pick this one up since is been since the POTF2 line since I picked up a new Bespin Luke, which for it's times for me, was not that bad of a figure.

Reaction score

legacyknight said:
since is been since the POTF2 line since I picked up a new Bespin Luke, which for it's times for me, was not that bad of a figure.
I still love it! It still looks good on-shelf too because it isn't "buff". The 1980 one was always one of my faves as a kid too.

Reaction score

That is a superbly molded figure. Hopefully the paint apps on the final product won't mess it up.

Reaction score

I love it! This is defintelty my favorite Luke from ESB! I hope he comes with that thing that goes on his hand after it get chopped off!

Reaction score

That is a nice figure! I was happy with the VOTC version but I am planning to get this one as well. If Hasbro keeps improvin;, I'll keep buyin'...

Reaction score

I like the new figure. It does seem to me that there are some better candidates for figures out there, but he is solid.

Reaction score

I was wanting a Dagobah Luke but this isn't bad. The only problem is his head doesn't look like luke.

I'll still buy him along with Dengar.

Reaction score

This is a great looking figure. Not concerened if it has ankles or not. I don't really play with my figs and posing for display is basic.

The sculpt is great (looking at comparison pic someone posted). The VTSC Luke looks very bulky and pudgy.

This one is fantastic.

Alas, the hardcore nitpickers are yet to get here.

Regardless, this figure is great, along with the others posted.

Reaction score

wow, thats a great figure. Looks like it has a similar body (Or shares parts with) Jacen form wave 13.

ill get one!

Reaction score

This one is the only question mark of the four for me, so far. I didn't mind the VTSC Bespin Luke, especially with my alterations.

I would have MUCH preferred they update Hoth Luke, than Bespin Luke.

Reaction score

Weapon75 said:
Billy_Ray said:
Looks like my Luke from the Luke/Lumiya comic pack will get to keep his head after all. It was going to be replacing VTSC Luke's, but now there is no need for that.
Will the Luke head from the Luke/Lumiya 2 pack fit the VTSC Luke without any additional drilling?

I have yet to find a Luke head that fits either the VTSC Luke or Snowspeeder Luke, without any additional drilling or customizing.
The best fit for a different Luke head on the VTSC has been the Luke that came with the Dagobah X-Wing exculsive to TRU a few years back. It fits the posts, and it looks like Luke. It works great for me.

Reaction score

TheScreamMan said:
wow, thats a great figure. Looks like it has a similar body (Or shares parts with) Jacen form wave 13.

ill get one!
No, Jacen is the reason we got the VTSC Luke in the first place. This one is all new.

Reaction score

I'm happy with this Luke. Face sculpt is a definite improvement...they still haven't quite captured his likeness, but it's pretty darn good. Looks like articulation on this one will rock.

Reaction score

God, another crap-tastic head sculpt. I don't know what Hasbro is doing to their sculpt team but they need to stop it now. Is no one asking, "hey, should't this look like Mark Hamill". I'm not impressed with the head.

Reaction score

Yeah, the more I look at this, the more I think it has ankle articulation. You can see the pin on the inside of the left foot. I think it's there, but it's just SO well done it's almost invisible - same goes with the Hoth Leia.

Big ol' thumbs up!

Reaction score

Crap-tastic? That's harsh, & exaggerated too.

The paint is probably the only reason it might seem a little off. Even the previous VTSC Luke looked good with the SDCC paint apps. I see mammoth potential with this figure. Like someone earlier said, I just hope the right foot isn't sculpted to be taking a step - however slight. That would really suck.

I'm still really pleased with this pic so far!

Reaction score

I'm probably in the minority here but I just didn't feel we needed this Luke so soon when we're still waiting on Hoth Luke, nice upgrade though other then the ankles witch is why I give this figure a B-. This figure especially he's a Jedi and a core character skimping on articulation in the basic line on these type of characters should be unacceptable IMO. It seems to me that the only collector focus they are going for is going with vintage cardbacks!

Reaction score

Masterfett said:
I'm probably in the minority here but I just didn't feel we needed this Luke so soon when we're still waiting on Hoth Luke, nice upgrade though other then the ankles witch is why I give this figure a B-. This figure especially he's a Jedi and a core character skimping on articulation in the basic line on these type of characters should be unacceptable IMO. It seems to me that the only collector focus they are going for is going with vintage cardbacks!
He HAS Ankles! You can see the pin in the left foot.

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm on the fence about that at this point.

Maybe they're trying a new ankle design & we're just used to seeing the peg / hinge joints that all newer SA SW figures have.
I don't think that's a pin you're spotting. However, I could be wrong..

Reaction score

Big_Friggin__Dar said:
FANTASTIC! (except for the expression). I shall overlook that though. Atleast he looks ticked off/determined, instead of scared/confused/hurt as with other releases.

again..put me down for THREE!

Reaction score

I don't have the last VOTC Luke Bespin, but is it possible that this includes some the same parts?

Reaction score

I have a sneaking suspicion that there may be ankles as well. We'll know soon enough!!!

Reaction score

This is an all new Luke!

I think that spot on his ankle is a paint imperfection - like the one on the left big toe area, seeing as it is a pre-pro figure..

Reaction score

People complaining about the likeness..already, mean while its the snow speeder Luke portrait(and the best portrait of Mark so far..)

Look closely