Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues) - VC04

Reaction score
We're getting a new? Luke Skywalker in Bespin Fatigues in the Vintage Collection - what are your thoughts on this new figure.

We'll move this thread to the new section once it's opened.

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin - TVC ##

This one looks like a huge improvement. The VTSC was a major disappointment for me back when it came out. Looks like they've put together a really nice version. Of all of the four new figures we've seen today, this is easily my favorite. And how cool does it look with the lightsaber hanging form the belt like that?

Bespin Luke was my favorite figure as a kid. I lost the vintage one by sticking him in the door of a Pepsi machine when I was playing with him and I cried for a long time that day. lol

So count me in for two if he's on a vintage card. One to leave in the box and one to open up.

Reaction score

Looks good so far. The articulation looks good, the head looks much better than the other one, and the saber goes on the belt. The possibility of GI Joe style hips is a nice bonus.

Reaction score

I'm really digging it.

Seriously - what an improvement over the last one! Great headsculpt, better body proportions, nicer detailing on the uniform, & the belt's looking more the part now. Better hands, the V-crotch has yet to prove good or otherwise.. but failing the static ankles, all in all a home run so far!!

Just wish they'd sort out the octagonal belt buckle paint app - not hard.

Reaction score

Hopefully they include them, if not.. a better looking figure than the last one regardless - AND, I'll swap out the lower legs from the 2007 figure most likely, if need be.

I feel for DSIILUKE right about now. He got ripped off HARD last year, but it seems 2010 is MY year now!!! This is by far my fave version of Luke - took my old Kenner one to school every day, & had him in my shirt pocket most of the time!

So stoked about this!!

Reaction score

Can I be the lone voice of dissent here? The figure looks great (ankles or not - I'm not as moved by articulation as some of you) - I really wish this was going to be a Hoth Luke - this is the second take on this figure in, what, four years? In the meantime, we haven't had a cut at Hoth Luke for almost seven....

I'm sure it's coming, so it's not a huge deal, just can't but help be a little disappointed.

'78

Reaction score

I also would like a hoth Luke, but Hasbro hooked me with the inclusion of ball hinged hips on this guy. While he is without ankles, you only really need knees to bring out the best in BH hips, and he thankfully has those.

Sure it's questionable as to whether you can call him "perfect" due to the lack of ankles, but to me, he's still excellent, the thin line between "junk" and "perfect". And he leans so close to perfect that I personally consider him as such

Reaction score

Perhaps I'm remembering wrong, but the last version never bothered me. What was its issues? I remember the headsculpt being meh, but this sculpt doesn't look like Luke to me, either.

Reaction score

Beautiful looking figure and when compared to the recent DS2 Luke I think it clearly demonstrates why we were so disappointed with that release. They are generations apart. DS2 Luke looked like something Mattel woudl produce. This Bespin Luke shows what Hasbro is capable of and what we have come to expect and hope for nowadays in a figure. This is a great figure in every way that I can see. That all said, I don't need a Bespin Luke so I'll pass.

Reaction score

finally!

a bespin Luke I like and will buy.

ds

Reaction score

Any chance it will be a 6th figure in this wave? (Hoth Luke)? Have they ever put two Lukes in one wave befor?

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio

I was satisfied with my VOTC Bespin Luke but after seeing this I'm upgrading. Better shoulders and hips and the belt is a major improvement. It has bothered me that the VOTC Luke's blaster is tiny compared to some that come with Han Solo. Count me in on this one.

Reaction score

See the discussion in the thread for the wave, but it's pretty clear that the other figures are likely to be the Han from the Hoth Hangar (we know for sure one of them is Han) and then a Cloud Car Pilot...

'78

Reaction score

The definitive Bespin Luke IMHO. I love the overall sculpt, the inclusion of the saber hilt on his belt, and the head sculpt actually looks like Hammill over the last attempt. This is already going to be one of my favorite figures of the year. I'm super, super stoked about this one.

Extremely pleased and well worth the nearing unbearable drought of news.

Reaction score

Great looking update to Bespin Luke! Looks to be all new, except maybe the torso. Are those ball jointed hips I see? The 'cut' is not your typical T-crotch formation, but rather the V-crotch style. Guess we'll see.

As nice as this figure is though, I must admit I wish we were getting Hoth Luke instead. I feel we need that version much more than another Bespin fatigues Luke.

Reaction score

With medical frigate Luke, Resurgence of the Jedi farmboy Luke, Snowspeeder Luke, and now Bespin Luke, I think Hasbro is really starting to nail definitive Lukes. Even DSII Luke has a nice headsculpt (too bad it landed on such a crappy body). Still a few Lukes that need upgraded, but I'm impressed with what we're getting.

And if he doesn't have ankle articulation, I'm not extremely disappointed with that. While he might be a bit better with it, I don't think it's always necessary, and the joints would probably be a different color than the boots anyway, so the figure probably looks better this way.

Reaction score

That crotch really does look similar to the COBRA trooper crotch from the GI Joe line. I'm not really sure I want to see Hasbro go that route with Star Wars though. You either end up with a figure that can't sit properly, or one whose crotch looks really odd.

Reaction score

Looks great. Glad they have the ball hips, don't think I'll miss the ankles. I'll need two though to replicate my one custom on this body.

Reaction score

My only real gripe with the VTAC Bespin Luke was his bad head sculpt and the fact that he was way too tall. If this figure's height is more accurate it will be a huge improvement.

Reaction score

At last it seems that perhaps Hasbro was listening? I thought I was only one who didn't like the VTAC Bespin Luke. My biggest gripe (as always) was how come the VTAC Luke was as tall as Han Solo in comparison or even a Stormie? I hope this one gets the height correct, like similar to the ROTJ Lukes, eg. Sandstorm height. IF, they get it right then this will be an obvious grab and buy - ESB Bespin Luke is my adventurer Luke.

Reaction score

[singing and skipping] HAPPY-HAPPY JOY-JOY!!!!

Reaction score

Dear God..if you are listening its me, ..THANK YOU.

I never thought in a million years they would re do this figure so soon after the previous release. In fact I thought we were doomed to that peice of crap for the rest of the line. Im thrilled beyond words they chose to re do this, and it also is a win because it shows that hasbro can acknowledge a recent screw up and fix it(Jedi Luke Anyone?)

Reaction score

I still like the Vintage Style Bespin Luke that I bought a year and half ago. But the legs for it are a bit stiff to move due to the leg belt.

For the newer version of Bespin Luke I wonder if the gun will still be tiny tiny or enlarged a little bit

Reaction score

Julythrunov said:
I never thought in a million years they would re do this figure so soon after the previous release. In fact I thought we were doomed to that peice of crap for the rest of the line. Im thrilled beyond words they chose to re do this, and it also is a win because it shows that hasbro can acknowledge a recent screw up and fix it(Jedi Luke Anyone?)
I thought the same thing. Maybe this means we will get a new DSII Luke. I could go for an update to ceremonial Luke and X-wing Luke as well.

Reaction score

I'm going to have to pass on this. I liked that last vintage Luke. I'm wondering.. is the vintage card going to be exactly the same? One of the main factors of appeal of the vintage line is the card.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Luke Skywalker - Bespin - TVC##

Looks like a really good Luke figure, ball jointed crotch as well? Plenty of articulation on this baby.

Reaction score

Professor said:
I'm going to have to pass on this. I liked that last vintage Luke. I'm wondering.. is the vintage card going to be exactly the same? One of the main factors of appeal of the vintage line is the card.
The vintage figure was released on a different card that had Luke closer up against a blue background. I'm hoping that's the one we get.

Reaction score

Comparison to previous version of figure, click to enlarge (then a further 2 clicks to zoom in on image):

Credit to original image creators/uploaders for images used.

Reaction score

Fantastic looking figure. Really high standard - I'm liking these new figures!

Reaction score

i feel they should have gone with a dagobah or hoth Luke over doin this

Reaction score

I just hope the foot isnt bent like hes walking. It looks bent like its pre-posed.
Oh no Hasblo dont do it. Please!!

Reaction score

I agree, this Luke is so much better than VTSC Luke in so many ways that I can easily overlook the ack of ankle articulation (if that is indeed the case in the final product). Man, look at that belt...great detail there...and the head is leaps and bounds better than VTSC Luke's.

Looks like my Luke from the Luke/Lumiya comic pack will get to keep his head after all. It was going to be replacing VTSC Luke's, but now there is no need for that.

I am really hoping for a new blaster sculpt too (but that may be too much to ask). VTSC's was a real stinker if you ask me.

Reaction score

It seems weird to give up on the ankle-articulation while adding ball-jointed hips, but I still think this will be the best Bespin Luke to date. I skipped the last one, so I won't have any problem picking up this one (unless he's $9).