Luke Skywalker - 3 Pack

Reaction score
Its hard not to like this set if you're an OT fan, but it does seem to be too rehash heavy. I honestly would have preferred individual releases, because the Jabba's Palace version is all I'm really after. That was my favorite Kenner Luke, so I'll happily buy an updated version of him. The others look good, they just dont strike me as "must have" updates. It would have been cool to see more of a battlepack type release, with the palace Luke and a couple of retooled aliens instead!

Reaction score
I too am wanting some new aliens. Celebration’s lack of announcements left me a bit annoyed and antsy.

Reaction score
The Jedi Luke still includes the inaccurate too-much-stuff belt complete with a Kenobi saber molded in green, again. Why are they still doing this when the 5POA has an accurate representation of the hilt? Here’s hoping they leave the arms off the robe this time.
I've been saying this for years man, I feel like no one else cares or holds Hasbro accountable - but if I'm paying a premium price for a collector grade figure, I damn well better get the accurate accessories. Some idiot in Hasbro just keeps approving that dumb Kenobi saber, slapping the green blade in there and calling it a day. It's not even close to Luke's from ROTJ. The 5POA is pretty perfect, though they've even started painting the upper grip rings in black, instead of the obvious silver. This kind of oversight irks the crap out of me. It's so simple, a freaking kid could catch this stuff. Ditto for ROTJ Boba Fett, he has quite literally never come with the proper blaster, in any form, from any era, EVER. How is this still happening!?

Reaction score
I've been saying this for years man, I feel like no one else cares or holds Hasbro accountable - but if I'm paying a premium price for a collector grade figure, I damn well better get the accurate accessories. Some idiot in Hasbro just keeps approving that dumb Kenobi saber, slapping the green blade in there and calling it a day. It's not even close to Luke's from ROTJ. The 5POA is pretty perfect, though they've even started painting the upper grip rings in black, instead of the obvious silver. This kind of oversight irks the crap out of me. It's so simple, a freaking kid could catch this stuff. Ditto for ROTJ Boba Fett, he has quite literally never come with the proper blaster, in any form, from any era, EVER. How is this still happening!?
I’ll take the black upper rings and pretend it’s the V2 hilt if they’d just give us a correct version with Luke. But they won’t because it doesn’t have the sculpted in light flares on the blade like all the other SA figures at this scale. Maybe Hasbro can justify their compromise because the hilt on Mark’s belt in ROTJ is a leftover Kenobi stunt saber.

But toy is still obviously a Kenobi hilt. Even more infuriating when it’s just the hilt and covertech style peg. I like to pose mine with the lightsaber construction accessory, an actual representation of the hero prop.

Reaction score
Actually the diecast Fett from the titanium series that hasbro released had the correct ROTJ blaster. Just saying.
Ha, that is ironic, but it's so typical that they get it right on a freaking die cast and can't even it fathom that detail on a premium action figure after 40+ years of reference photos and footage.

Reaction score
I’ll take the black upper rings and pretend it’s the V2 hilt if they’d just give us a correct version with Luke. But they won’t because it doesn’t have the sculpted in light flares on the blade like all the other SA figures at this scale. Maybe Hasbro can justify their compromise because the hilt on Mark’s belt in ROTJ is a leftover Kenobi stunt saber.

But toy is still obviously a Kenobi hilt. Even more infuriating when it’s just the hilt and covertech style peg. I like to pose mine with the lightsaber construction accessory, an actual representation of the hero prop.
Even the V2 has the exact same rings as ROTJ machined V1 version. They are almost perfectly identical, but the V2 has more weathering, a slightly different activator switch and less copper accents.

Sure, there is black in between the rings, but it's dominant color is all chromed out. I hate the contrast of the black on the Hasbro ROTJ saber, it makes it look glaringly inaccurate. They did the same thing to the Deleted Scene lightsaber building Luke in TVC as well with the unlit "opened" hilt. Fantastic idea, and they got the rings right, but they painted them all black. It's also my favorite hilt, so I tend to scrutinize the Jedi Luke figures more for this. It just boggles my mind when Hasbro puts an INSANE amount of detail in Luke's new blaster. It's quite literally a miniature copy of his DL-44, down to the brown wooden grips. Ditto for the new SOLO Han figure. Amazing blaster sculpt for Han's DL-44, then the crap the bed with the Kenobi saber - YET AGAIN. It's just infuriating when it's such a simple little detail that should have been years ago, and plenty of figures ago.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It makes me feel only slightly better that this is bothering someone else. Stop it Hasbro with the Kenobi hilt on the Jedi Lukes, please.

I completely appreciate the details on that comparison, V2 has been my favorite for a long time. I agree their all black grips would be more accurately represented without paint at all, if they can’t pull off rings at that size.

Reaction score
I'm interested in the Stormtrooper and Pilot....Jedi not so much. I'm just not a fan the sculpt. I prefer the Torso on the 04 version with the textured tabbards. At least this Jedi Luke finally has a good head though. I'm still partial to the DSII heads on the SL figure and the 3-pack figure though.

Reaction score
ah my photo died for some reason, but here is the comparison again between V1 and V2 - nearly identical and yet NEITHER are what Hasbro continues to give us. They instead prefer the Kenobi saber for some ridiculous reason.

Reaction score
Am I the only one who's excited about a potentially accurate (non-sleeved) cloak for Jedi Luke? I'll be picking this up just for one of those. A bit sad really, otherwise I'm happy with the versions I already have.
Still the wrong colour. Poorly cut too. The original Kenner is still the best, if anyone's still lucky enough to have one.

Reaction score
I still have my old Kenner brown cape cloak of Jedi Knight luke but its smaller than the modern jedi cloaks anyway.

Plus the new X Wing body of X Wing Luke with ball jointed hips etc... Really? What's he or any Rebel pilot gonna do in a cramped X Wing ship? Do the splits or yoga or whatever?

Reaction score
I still have my old Kenner brown cape cloak of Jedi Knight luke but its smaller than the modern jedi cloaks anyway.

Plus the new X Wing body of X Wing Luke with ball jointed hips etc... Really? What's he or any Rebel pilot gonna do in a cramped X Wing ship? Do the splits or yoga or whatever?
Uh....some people prefer to display him climbing up INTO said X-Wing on the yellow ladder. Do you really have to be such a buzzkill man? It's a beautiful figure - why are your panties in a twist over SA? We want SA!!!

Reaction score
Still the wrong colour. Poorly cut too. The original Kenner is still the best, if anyone's still lucky enough to have one.
Brown is the correct color for Luke's robe, it just doesn't look that way on screen as much with the lighting at Jabba's. I think the cloak is a fine cut, it's definitively the best one we've ever gotten. I think it looks great!

Reaction score
Well the X Wing Luke figure has the ammo clip thing on the right leg shin.

BUT...

the big crotch its the same problem like the all ball jointed Vintage Collection New Hope Darth Vader. Diaper Crotch syndrome

Reaction score
Use your imagination, Luke could be on a mission for the Rebellion. Flies his X wing there and hops out into battle. Now you have the articulation to set him up in more interesting poses.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, I could probably get pretty close to those stances with the older X-Wing Luke. ^
Thee has to be a better way to do the hip articulation.

Uh....some people prefer to display him climbing up INTO said X-Wing on the yellow ladder. Do you really have to be such a buzzkill man? It's a beautiful figure - why are your panties in a twist over SA? We want SA!!!
it's not so much a matter of being SA, but the fact Star Wars is turning into Joes. I honestly don't need all that in every single figure, those hips just stand out too much.
I'd rather they get the aesthetic face sculpt down, rather than them being bale to roll up into a ball. They aren't BB-8 Droids. lol

I still have the Figure, but lost the cloak long ago. lol

While I don't really need this whole set. I will likely get the Stormtrooper on single card at some point. I do see the possibilities for other sets, such as ANH Luke(farmboy) w/all accessories, Hermit Luke(EP8) . ANH Han, Han(EP7). Several Leia figures could definitely use an update, starting with ANH leia, Bespin Escape, TLJ. Might as well make them to encompass the whole saga, not just OT era.

Reaction score
If the rest of you people want the Luke 3 pack go ahead. I already have the Vintage Collection "deleted blu ray" Jedi Knight Luke and I already have the Legacy Collection Luke in stormtrooper disguise and I can buy an old X Wing Luke and be happy with that.

Frikkin ball jointed hips swivel thighs they're just making it worse. Plus the diaper crotch. Bespin Luke has the same problem too

Reaction score
We’ll go ahead. Some of us like the new head sculpts.

Reaction score
I especially like ball jointed diaper crotches on my action doll toys, Shutz. I’m glad you noticed.

Reaction score
If the rest of you people want the Luke 3 pack go ahead. I already have the Vintage Collection "deleted blu ray" Jedi Knight Luke and I already have the Legacy Collection Luke in stormtrooper disguise and I can buy an old X Wing Luke and be happy with that.

Frikkin ball jointed hips swivel thighs they're just making it worse. Plus the diaper crotch. Bespin Luke has the same problem too
Thanks for the approval, I was waiting around for your blessing to get the go ahead on this.

Reaction score
If memory serves, they won't go up any sooner than the Convention and often not until afterward.
That's good to know, I always follow the coverage each year so I'm sure RS or JTA will be on the ball with reporting when it will be, I just want to be extra safe.

Reaction score
This is up for order at Kapow toys and ID toys here in UK for £64.99. Same price as the Aphra 3 pack from last year which is what i expected. Got my order in as i really wanted this

Reaction score
This is up for order at Kapow toys and ID toys here in UK for £64.99. Same price as the Aphra 3 pack from last year which is what i expected. Got my order in as i really wanted this
Thanks for the info about the price. Do you have an expected ship date yet?
T

Reaction score
Yep. Got my order in this morning : )